SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A different Kingdom?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Croref

A different Kingdom?

"If we preach the effects of Redemption in human life instead of the revelation regarding Jesus, the result in those who listen is not new birth, but refined spiritual culture, and the Spirit of God cannot witness to it because such preaching is in another domain....a different Kingdom" . . O. Chambers

Bring on the "self-Help" books, folks. For such is the way of today's "visible" church__the result of such teaching.

2012/11/10 6:45Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: A different Kingdom?

regarding = preaching 'the effects' of Redemption instead of Jesus.

Thanks for posting that quote. I have never seen it expressed so clearly.

Couldn't agree with you more on the 'self-help' books. If man was able to 'help' himself then he would not need Jesus.

Kind regards,
white stone

2012/11/11 9:44Profile
Croref

Re:

"If we preach the effects of Redemption in human life instead of the revelation regarding Jesus, the result in those who listen is not new birth, but refined spiritual culture, and the Spirit of God cannot witness to it because such preaching is in another domain....a different Kingdom" . . O. Chambers

Is this statement by Chambers of no interest to anyone who sits in his church week after week listening to the same salvation message preached, ad nauseam? The same plea given to those who have already worn out their "rededicaters"?

2012/11/14 7:12Profile
Croref

Re:

by White_Stone on 2012/11/11 6:44:53

regarding = preaching 'the effects' of Redemption instead of Jesus.

Thanks for posting that quote. I have never seen it expressed so clearly.

Couldn't agree with you more on the 'self-help' books. If man was able to 'help' himself then he would not need Jesus.

Kind regards,
white stone

Thank You, White stone. You reply was refreshing__and encouraging.

2012/11/14 7:14Profile
jochbaptist

Re:

Dear Croref

Great quote.

Please drop the "ad nauseam" thing. Try finding a less upsetting alternative to "ad infinitum".

Blessings

2012/11/14 8:32Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

jochbaptist,

The two phrases are not interchangable. See below,

ad nauseam = to a sickening or excessive degree

ad infinitum = to infinity; endlessly; without limit

---
To be endless and without limit describes God's Grace.

You could not substitute that for something which continues to the point of being sickening.

To preface such a suggestion with praise and end it with a blessing does not change the taste or tone.

ws

2012/11/14 9:21Profile
Croref

Re:

by jochbaptist on 2012/11/14 5:32:56

Dear Croref

Great quote.

Please drop the "ad nauseam" thing. Try finding a less upsetting alternative to "ad infinitum".

Blessings

I wish it was otherwise that I could, Brother. Fact is, I don't need to re-dedicate my life every meeting time. I am not a 'victim' Jesus sympathizes with. I am not any,longer a sinner saved by grace. He saved me, years ago. Therefore, I was a sinner saved by grace. I am now a saint learning how to be faithful IN the Father__and I am learning to do that mostly on my own__since the church doesn't speak of Jesus after meeting. Ergo, if the Church is purposed to express Christ and be an outlet for corporate worship it should do so and not continually "beat up" the sheep by bringing them under condemnation and making the message of salvation its shallow "pep rally" theme _ad nauseam. Sorry. It is not and never will be a, sustaining message. What's left for a reason to go except the chicken dinner.
Our nation is in an irreversible death struggle because the church_____again, has failed to police itself of it's watered down "only believe" doctrine..

OMT: I attend a Baptist church. I go not for the shallow message nobody remembers or the "rote" worship, Stanzas 1,2,&4 out of the hymnal on the same 3 hymns but, because I have some friends there who, on early weekday mornings meet at the local Mickey D's and talk about the ball game.

What is supposed to come after salvation in your mind, jochbaptist?___And how is it in your assembly?

2012/11/14 9:51Profile
jochbaptist

Re:

Dear W-S

Sorry to be unclear on this.

What I meant to ask, was for an alternative use of the word ad nauseam. Maybe I am wrong, but there is something unsavoury about the term to me.

I can see that one can debate endlessly arround an issue, but why take it to a point of being sickening when you are a child of God?

My "tone" was against the tone in ad nauseam.

Blessings

2012/11/14 10:03Profile
Croref

Re:

delete

2012/11/14 10:06Profile
Croref

Re:

by jochbaptist on 2012/11/14 7:03:17

Dear W-S

Sorry to be unclear on this.

What I meant to ask, was for an alternative use of the word ad nauseam. Maybe I am wrong, but there is something unsavoury about the term to me.

I can see that one can debate endlessly arround an issue, but why take it to a point of being sickening when you are a child of God?

My "tone" was against the tone in ad nauseam.

Blessings

Children of God need milk. Sons of God need meat.

2012/11/14 10:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy