SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why should we assume Cain was the first born of Adam when Adam was 130 yrs old when Seth was born?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I am late jumping into this discussion...just want to share my two cents...

Genesis 5:4 NASB tell us "Then the days of Adam....and he had other sons and daughters."

I assumed that since Adam and Eve were the only people created by God all the others were offspring from this couple which would mean brothers married sisters.

Now for a little fun...have you ever wondered how many children Adam and Eve had? If Adam lived to be 930 years - and all of them adult years - he could have fathered hundreds of children...Oh! dear - pity Eve. SIGH Maybe she could birth babies like a cat can kittens?

Another.

Did you ever wonder how many children Solomon had? Ever noticed the scriptures do not tell us? It does for most of the other kings...why not Solomon? Scriptures do mention specific children of Solomon's but the total figure, no.

I have pondered why the scripture is silent on these questions and have come to the conclusion if it were mentioned this would provide more fodder to Bible critics who work to discredit the WORD because the number would be too high for our comprehension. AND...this info is not essential for our salvation.

Just my imagination...

2012/11/10 13:49Profile
Croref

Re:

Yes/No is really all I was looking for :)

God bless
mj

No, no and no. Now where do you wish to go with this?

2012/11/11 8:54Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by Croref on 2012/11/11 2:54:49

________

:) I wish to go no where with this. I was just looking to understand your heart and what your understanding was concerning growing as a CHRISTIAN daily in CHRIST JESUS.

have a lovely Sunday and
God bless
mj

2012/11/11 9:02Profile
Croref

Re:

by MaryJane on 2012/11/11 6:02:22

by Croref on 2012/11/11 2:54:49

________

:) I wish to go no where with this. I was just looking to understand your heart and what your understanding was concerning growing as a CHRISTIAN daily in CHRIST JESUS.

have a lovely Sunday and
God bless
mj

Obviously, I must not be very clear when I write and you are the only one with courage to tell me. Thank you.

2012/11/11 9:09Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by Croref on 2012/11/11 3:09:08
Obviously, I must not be very clear when I write and you are the only one with courage to tell me. Thank you.

:) It could be that I was not reading carefully enough through the entire thread also. Having posted here a few times I know how easy it is to be misunderstood by others or to misunderstand what another is attempting to convey that is why I asked for clarification. I did not wish to misunderstand your heart on the matter. Thank you for being patient and being with me.

God bless
mj

2012/11/11 9:17Profile

Re:

Perhaps it would be better if you got your own website and be your own boss and dictate how everyone should believe like you.

You say your looking for peoples opinion and you want to learn etc..etc.. but when someone does give their opinion you pounce on them declaring how wrong they are and how right you are.

It's like you have an agenda or something, that you NEED to express your "truth" that everyone on this website does not have.

I would like to communicate with you Croref but it's next to impossible.

I hope you find what your looking for on SI.

God Bless Brother

:o(

2012/11/11 9:23
Croref

Re:

by Approved on 2012/11/11 6:23:07

Perhaps it would be better if you got your own website and be your own boss and dictate how everyone should believe like you.

You say your looking for peoples opinion and you want to learn etc..etc.. but when someone does give their opinion you pounce on them declaring how wrong they are and how right you are.

It's like you have an agenda or something, that you NEED to express your "truth" that everyone on this website does not have.

I would like to communicate with you Croref but it's next to impossible.

I hope you find what your looking for on SI.

God Bless Brother

Likewise, Approved.

My own mistakes in judgement notwithstanding, I believe I have learned from you a new perspective re the "mote in my brothers eye." Thank you.

2012/11/11 9:47Profile
Croref

Re:

by MaryJane on 2012/11/11 6:17:53

:) It could be that I was not reading carefully enough through the entire thread also. Having posted here a few times I know how easy it is to be misunderstood by others or to misunderstand what another is attempting to convey that is why I asked for clarification. I did not wish to misunderstand your heart on the matter. Thank you for being patient and being with me.

God bless
mj

No worries Dear Sister. I get a little gun shy sometimes over replies that I believe are unnecessary,__ considering my use of perfect grammar in expressing myself. I need you in mind life so don't cast me off, OK?

2012/11/11 9:52Profile
ArtB

New York

Re: Why should we assume Cain was the first born of Adam when Adam was 130 yrs old wh

"Why should we assume Cain was the first born of Adam when Adam was 130 yrs old when Seth was born?"

Because this is what is recorded in Genesis, Chapter 5.

5 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day when God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. 2 He created them male and female, and He blessed them and named them Man in the day when they were created.

3 When Adam had lived one hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth. 4 Then the days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years, and he had other sons and daughters. 5 So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years, and he died.

6 Seth lived one hundred and five years, and became the father of Enosh. 7 Then Seth lived eight hundred and seven years after he became the father of Enosh, and he had other sons and daughters. 8 So all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years, and he died.

Ancient Jewish records indicate that Adam and Eve had 56 children, 33 males and 23 females.

Yes, these 56 offspring of Adam and Eve, brothers and sisters, bore children in what we would call incest today. Abraham married his half sister, and she gave birth to their son Isaac.

Why did Adam have his first child at age 130 years? The answer is that childhood lasted far longer than it does today. Even as late as 100 years ago, pre puberty for females was 14 years of age and 16 years for males. Today, females and males reach puberty reach to 2 to 3 years earlier due our changes in our diet, including eating meats from animals being fed growth harmones.

Studies in neanderthals (bones) reveal that they reached puberty in their 30's. Scientists derived from examining their bones, only certain bones grow during childhood, and other bones grow in adult hood, and that alone make them look different to Modern homosapiens.

Incest was not banned by God until the Mosaic Laws was established on Mount Sinai about 450 BC ( located in Arabia near Midian).

Why did God ban incest in 450 BC?

My answer, IMO, is that when God created Adam and Eve, their DNA was perfect, and so the DNA of their immediate childrens DNA was perfect and very near perfect in geneartions to come. However, God also applied the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics to our universe, by which all physical things deteriorate over long periods of time, including human DNA via random mutations to the DNA.

Incest causes the inbreeding of deteriotating mutations to our DNA, and thereby fixing Diseases in our genome due to these DNA copy errors in the inbreeding populations - including such diseases as Hemophila, Tay-Sachs, Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell Disease, and many more.

For this reason i believe God banned incest in the Mosaic Laws, to avoid these diseases due to harmful copy errors becoming fixed in their DNA of family lines.

According to Physics, our whole universe is dying in accordance with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. They call it a heat death when work no longer can be done.

2012/11/11 17:18Profile

Re:

Quote:
Incest was not banned by God until the Mosaic Laws was established on Mount Sinai about 450 BC ( located in Arabia near Midian).

Why did God ban incest in 450 BC?

Did you mean 1450 BC? :P

2012/11/11 17:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy