SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why should we assume Cain was the first born of Adam when Adam was 130 yrs old when Seth was born?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Re:

by Croref on 2012/11/9 8:08:55

by rainydaygirl on 2012/11/9 7:18:42

by Croref on 2012/11/9 7:03:26

With no TV or radio, no Xboxes and NFL, what can we rightly suppose Adam was doing all those years. I mean, who was Abel raising sheep for and Cain crops?

----

SO after reading this i wondered what does it matter? how would Adam having more children before Cain change anything or cause us to grow in Jesus?

not sure i understand what know or not knowing would do to further the Kingdom of Christ.rdg

This isn't about Jesus. It is about being fruitful and multiplying and re-replenishing the earth when we have been given to believe Adam only had three sons in 130 years and the third one became a husband to a woman we don't know how she arrived on the scene..

Where did Cain get a wife but a sister who became his wife? Maybe 5 or 6, who knows. It had to be something as that.

So when Cain was born we read Eve saying, "God has given me a man child". Do you think she may have been wondering about the issue of procreation, maybe? I mean she could have been dropping one a year and probably did __all girls.

----
ok enjoy your discussion

rdg

2012/11/9 13:05Profile
Croref

Re:

by rainydaygirl on 2012/11/9 10:05:58

It's probably finished . . ))

So what's your question about growing in Christ?? Nobody thinks that is necessary, ya know? I mean you get it all when you get saved__anything more is of a false doctrine. Am I not right?

2012/11/9 13:25Profile

Re:

Knowledge alone about any of these subjects is fruitless, we all will agree with that because it says, "knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth". So I take that to mean that information about what happened in the beginning is a complete waste of time, however, if we can discover Jesus Christ in what we are discussing THEN we can have a good bible study, otherwise, it's just knowledge speculation and sometimes strife if we allow that door to swing open.

So how will charity edifieth us through this knowledge?

Just to let some of you know, when your posting a quote, use this, [ quote ] than the quote and then [/ quote ]

there is no spaces between the [parenthesis]. It should be parenthesisquoteparenthesis than place posted quote and then finally parenthesis/quoteparenthesis.

2012/11/9 18:02
rainydaygirl

Re:

by Croref on 2012/11/9 10:25:17

by rainydaygirl on 2012/11/9 10:05:58

It's probably finished . . ))

So what's your question about growing in Christ?? Nobody thinks that is necessary, ya know? I mean you get it all when you get saved__anything more is of a false doctrine. Am I not right?

------

i did not have a question about growing in Christ, i said i didn't understand how this topic would help any of us to grow in Christ. you replied saying- this wasn't about Jesus it was about being fruitful and re-replenishing the earth.

As for the rest of your comment i am not sure if you were being sarcastic with me or serious in what you wrote???

rdg

2012/11/9 18:36Profile
Croref

Re:

Knowledge indeed "puffs up" however, knowledge is also the "water of the Word" the Holy Spirit draws from when He drops down His bucket into our well desiring to pull "water" up for some thirsty soul. Got any "water" He can pull up that might give a ready answer for those who seek one from a sincere heart. Will the Lord find us "shallow", lacking insight? Will that soul simply get from us warmed up credal doctrine; understanding of redemption but with no life in it?

Still friends??

2012/11/10 6:14Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I mean you get it all when you get saved.

Are you sure?

2012/11/10 8:06Profile
Croref

Re:

by murrcolr on 2012/11/10 5:06:36

Are you sure?

Yes. I am sure most belief that of the reform crowd.

BTW, That was my inference..

2012/11/10 8:30Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by Croref on 2012/11/10 2:30:31

by murrcolr on 2012/11/10 5:06:36

Are you sure?

Greetings Croref

I just want to be clear that I understand what you are saying...Do you believe that once a person is saved, repents of their sins and is born again submitting their life unto CHRIST as LORD that there is no need for further growth in their daily walk with CHRIST?

God bless
mj

2012/11/10 9:11Profile
Croref

Re:

by MaryJane on 2012/11/10 6:11:58

Greetings Croref

I just want to be clear that I understand what you are saying...Do you believe that once a person is saved, repents of their sins and is born again submitting their life unto CHRIST as LORD that there is no need for further growth in their daily walk with CHRIST?

God bless
mj

If I clearly said I was not of the reform crowd instead of just "inferring it", would you receive that as a no? Words mean something. I do try to be clear. I apologize if I wasn't.

2012/11/10 9:49Profile
MaryJane

Re:

y Croref on 2012/11/10 3:49:58

by MaryJane on 2012/11/10 6:11:58

Greetings Croref

God bless
mj

If I clearly said I was not of the reform crowd instead of just "inferring it", would you receive that as a no? Words mean something. I do try to be clear. I apologize if I wasn't.

_____
Words do indeed mean something, you are correct in saying so. Perhaps that is why we are instructed to let out yes be yes...

I still do not feel like I understand your answer. Sorry if I am being a bit thick this morning. I am not really interested if you are of the "reformed crowd" just trying to understand your thoughts and beliefs on the question I asked. Seems simple enough, "Do you believe that once a person is saved, repents of their sins and is born again submitting their life unto CHRIST as LORD that there is no need for further growth in their daily walk with CHRIST?"

Yes/No is really all I was looking for :)

God bless
mj

2012/11/10 10:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy