Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : After Death

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

The concept of being outside time is beyond my mind's capacity to understand. I would even say that the way you described it (Dann) is not convincing either, for I believe it to be far more complicated.

So, back to the original question...from Scripture, do you think it implies that man goes to heaven or hell immediatly following death? And also, what do you think became of Old Testament people?

Well, maybe I should throw something in here:

Luke 23:43 - [i]"Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.'"[/i]

and

1 Corinthians 15:51-52 - [i]"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed - in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed."[/i]

2005/3/2 14:42Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re: After Death

Quote:

Eli_Barnabas wrote:
I'm just curious to what you all think about what happens immediatly after death. Do we go to heaven or hell right away? Sleep in our graves until the Lord returns? I'm interested to know what you think.

I didn't see the scripture here but is says in the word that to absent from the body is to present with the Lord. As to the OT saints, it sounds that they went to the waiting room called Abrahams bossom. Have'nt studied enough to comment more than that.

2005/3/2 14:49Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Thanks for the good input, ZekeO

2005/3/2 14:50Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy