SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Info on the funeral of Yorrie Richards.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Ceri

Notts. England.

Info on the funeral of Yorrie Richards.

The funeral of Yorrie Richards is to be held on Monday 19th Nov, 3pm (British time)
The burial is first, 2.30pm at Eastwood Cemetary where dad is being laid to rest with mum with a short service at the graveside. This is being followed by a 'celebration of praise and thanksgiving to the Lord' for dad's life.
This is so we are not tied to time with the undertakers for the actual service.
Instead of the coffin will be a portrait of dad surrounded by flower display and items of significance in his life, such as an open bible and his steam railway firemans cap.

The service will be held at our local Church of England building, St. Mary's on Church St. Eastwood. Notts.
Kindly loaned to us as it's presently the largest local church building.
Dad has made arrangements with us so it will be unique service!

The day before he passed away he caught glimpses of Heaven and was even conducting heavenly music trying to sing along! He told me so movingly "no mourning! no black! - no black in Heaven - bright colours! bright colours"!
I asked if this is what he wanted at his service "ohh yes" was his reply, "bright colours"! Then placing his hand on my arm he stated "Hawaiian shirts will NOT be out of place"! Ohh we laughed!

He handed his shofar to my brother telling him to "blow! blow"! and raising his hand and lowering it again said "...and the presence..." again lifting his hand and lowering it repeated "blow...and the presence..." (signifying the presence will fall)

He asked Carl to practice the 'Tekiah' call 'Entrance of the King' to be played at the start of the service, followed by the hymn 'And can it be that I should gain' after which he wants an "Ovation of applause, praise and thanksgiving to the Lord for all that he has done" telling me to just "Praise Him! Praise Him! Praise Him! for all that He has done"! Ohh wow!

We will also be very honoured to have share with us and sing a solo, Gary Cordice, a stunning singer whom dad met at the conference in Lougher Swansea and of whom became very good friends.

There is so much I could share of dad's amazing final days and the effect he had on many visitors, care workers and nurses. But I will tell you that the way he lived those last two weeks at home in his bed, and the way in which he left this life has impacted me so much the experience has actually left my Spirit soaring!
This is now carrying me through these days of paperwork and preparation! I honestly feel supported by the prayers being given.

Please pray for the day as unsaved folk will be attending too. It is all for nothing without the presence and anointing of God upon it.
Thank you for your prayers at this time.

2012/11/6 18:16Profile

Re: Info on the funeral of Yorrie Richards.

Oh what a glorious report, sister Ceri. Thank you for sharing and may God bring many unsaved people to Christ in Great Britain through this memorial service. Thank you, Lord, for the awesome glimpse of heaven through your servant, Yorrie Richards. Hallelu Yah!
Will be praying for you,
Sister Leslie

2012/11/7 8:57

Thanks for that glorious report Ceri. Even as we speak your father is enraptured in glorious worship, praise the Lord, praise the Lord. What a celebration it will be on Monday and that which your father so often spoke about, the presence of the Living God, will surely fall on that place as He is exalted and lifted up, oh that I could be there. May the Lord continue to comfort your heart sister as you go through the paperwork and neccecary preparations.........bro Frank

2012/11/7 11:21
narrowpath

Germany NRW

I will go. Is anyone else from the the SI UK crowd going?

2012/11/7 12:43Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Ceri,

My wife and I have been watching the videos of Yorrie's life the last few nights and have been blessed by his testimony.

If anyone wants a blessing, I would encourage you to take a look on youtube. It's in 3 parts (total about 3 hours) here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK5ReevurtU&feature=relmfu

May the Lord bless you and your family over the coming days!

2012/11/7 14:38Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Yorrie's memorial service

I am just back from Yorrie's memorial service. I have never been to such a joyful thanksgiving service. Some of us came in Hawaii shirts on this cold and rainy day. Yorrie's life had blessed many. He left a deep impact on many saints, especially on a younger generation of preachers. He was recognised and honoured as a man of God, a soulwinner, a prophet and most of all as a great encourager, a ministry that is rare and precious these days. All members of his family had a glowing smile on their faces, knowing that their father had now arrived at his Blessed Saviour. A truly uplifting service!

2012/11/19 17:06Profile

Re: Yorrie's memorial service

Dear narrowpath,
Thank you for sharing. This is so uplifting to hear of this man's life and joyful exit and is glorifying to our God.
Brought a smile to think of you wearing happy Hawaiian shirts remembering that Yorrie said there was "no black in heaven!"
Rejoicing in Brother Yorrie's life in Christ forevermore,
lesmanto

2012/11/19 20:13

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy