SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why do people go to hell?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Croref

Re: Why do people go to hell?

by stevet83 on 2012/11/5 21:21:26

Why do people go to hell? These are just some personal questions and statement(feel free to disagree)

1) People go to hell because they refuse to accept the Gospel. What about the person who's never heard it? If the standard of judgement is based on this then how can God hold accountable one who's never heard it?
2) people go to hell because they sin. What is the standard by which sin is judged? If one doesn't know what sin is, can they be guilty of it?
3) People go to hell because they are not chosen. This would make hell a place where everyone is destined, unless intervened by God. People go to hell because they are sinner's. As sinner's they refuse the Gospel, unless God by His grace intervenes.

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15 (KJV)

Can one go to heaven without the love of the Father"?

2012/11/6 11:38Profile
rnieman

Re:

Hi Steve83,

You stated
"I can't say babies are innocent, "dead in trespasses and sin". I have yet come to a conclusion, and If I need to He'll show me."

I guess is depends how define the word dead. If dead means a spiritual condition and not a physical condition as is the case in Ephesians 2 and Luke 15(parable of the prodigal, then babes are not dead in trespasses and sin. For they obviously are not capable of the knowledge of good and evil as we learn in Isaiah 7:14-16 in regards to the coming messiah.

14“Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel. 15“He will eat curds and honey at the time He knows enough to refuse evil and choose good. 16“For before the boy will know enough to refuse evil and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread will be forsaken.

Hope that helps.

Bless you,

Russ

2012/11/6 12:16Profile
stevet83

Re:

All good replies, give me some time to respond, thanks

2012/11/6 13:40Profile
proudpapa

Re: stevet83

Hi stevet83

stevet83 wrote ///I can't say babies are innocent///

For I was alive without the law once:(as an infant alive free from guilt) but when the commandment came (age of understanding), sin revived, (revived from one generation to the next)and I died (in Adam all die, at this point guilt enters in and we die of innocence.

What is sin ?? sin is the transgression of the law.

This is no small issue it effects our outlook on God and our outlook on our fellow man.

I would encourage an unbiased study of history on paedobaptism and how they whom endorsed it treated those whom believed in credobaptism

2012/11/6 19:28Profile
stevet83

Re:

Proud papa,
No offence, but I'm all set with studying that. Like I said I have not come to a conviction about it, and when I do it'll be from God

2012/11/6 21:20Profile
proudpapa

Re:

stevet83,
No offence taken, I can respect following conviction

2012/11/6 21:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Why do people go to hell?

Apparently because God is ok with a cosmic scoreboard that looks something like this:

Satan: 98%
Jesus: 2%

2012/11/6 22:01Profile
Croref

Re:

Babies are innocent__Innocence is the state of being blameless as in, not guilty.

2012/11/7 2:48Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
Why do people go to hell?

Apparently because God is ok with a cosmic scoreboard that looks something like this:

Satan: 98%
Jesus: 2%

That's the wrong way of looking at the scoreboard.

Jesus gets 100% of those who did not consider their lives their own, took up their crosses daily, denied themselves, and persevered to the end. Those who, unlike Satan and the "98%" that follow him, do not also consider themselves "god".

That tally goes 100% to 0.

2012/11/7 4:03Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Quote: "That tally goes 100% to 0."

Not sure about your math, there. That's playing with the numbers. From a souls, perspective Satan wins by the hugest landslide imaginable. Which, if true, means that God didn't get what he wanted for Christmans.

2012/11/7 11:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy