SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : the first sin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: the first sin

Quote:
If we will accept the fact that our new birth, though of God, is not a prevention but the very life of the "Word" Jesus experienced, we will have set before us, by revelation, what keeps us as that which kept Him, i.e., the "indwelling love" for the Father and ALL His Father purposed for having created man. By that same Love, Jesus had a VISION and JOY set before Him. Do we? Would that not be the mark of the new born of Him; the mark of them that love Him? croref

Prevention is a bit late once the condition is fully set in. Overcoming is a better word and not just sin, but sin, the flesh and the devil.

That which kept Christ was Christ Himself through obedience. If we desire to know something we must judge ourselves and have a proper estimation of ourselves. Jesus was obedient unto death. Jesus didn't experience the Word, He is The Word made flesh. Even as a 12 year old boy Jesus understood this. His sole attitude was one of obedience and an interest in His Father's house.

Do we have a vision and joy set before us? Ill say so! If we didn't have such a hope how would we run?

The mark of those that love Jesus is obedience.

2012/11/5 13:12
Croref

Re:

by amrkelly on 2012/11/5 10:12:12

Quote:
If we will accept the fact that our new birth, though of God, is not a prevention but the very life of the "Word" Jesus experienced, we will have set before us, by revelation, what keeps us as that which kept Him, i.e., the "indwelling love" for the Father and ALL His Father purposed for having created man. By that same Love, Jesus had a VISION and JOY set before Him. Do we? Would that not be the mark of the new born of Him; the mark of them that love Him? croref

Prevention is a bit late once the condition is fully set in. Overcoming is a better word and not just sin, but sin, the flesh and the devil.

That which kept Christ was Christ Himself through obedience. If we desire to know something we must judge ourselves and have a proper estimation of ourselves. Jesus was obedient unto death. Jesus didn't experience the Word, He is The Word made flesh. Even as a 12 year old boy Jesus understood this. His sole attitude was one of obedience and an interest in His Father's house.

Do we have a vision and joy set before us? Ill say so! If we didn't have such a hope how would we run?

The mark of those that love Jesus is obedience.

Dear amr, Why are you doing this? Is what I wrote not truth? You seem to think so by, in some way, picking fly dirt out of pepper only to have me wondering what your agenda really is.

2012/11/5 13:39Profile

Quote:
Dear amr, why are you doing this? Is what I wrote not truth? You seem to think so by, in some way, picking fly dirt out of pepper only to have me wondering what your agenda really is. Croref

It is just a difference of emphasis brother in the end of it and no agenda either. But I do understand your asking. As long as we judge ourselves we will not be judged. You emphasized love I emphasized obedience. Both are true 1 John 3:1-24.

2012/11/5 14:29
Croref

Re:

by amrkelly on 2012/11/5 11:29:49

Quote:
Dear amr, why are you doing this? Is what I wrote not truth? You seem to think so by, in some way, picking fly dirt out of pepper only to have me wondering what your agenda really is. Croref

It is just a difference of emphasis brother in the end of it and no agenda either. But I do understand your asking. As long as we judge ourselves we will not be judged. You emphasized love I emphasized obedience. Both are true 1 John 3:1-24.

Had I not objected, do you believe anyone would have figured that out?

2012/11/5 14:46Profile

Quote:
Had I not objected, do you believe anyone would have figured that out? Croref

I don’t know brother. I suppose that would depend on how well the reader knew the Scripture. As I said I understand why you asked the question. It is possible to state the truth and at the same time make a provocation. Some will see the provocation and miss the truth. Others will see the provocation but take pleasure in the truth. Others do not see the provocation at all. “Love believes all things”. Forgive me if it seemed to you to be unlovely.

2012/11/5 15:05
Croref

Re:

by amrkelly on 2012/11/5 12:05:33

Quote:
Had I not objected, do you believe anyone would have figured that out? Croref

I don’t know brother. I suppose that would depend on how well the reader knew the Scripture. As I said I understand why you asked the question. It is possible to state the truth and at the same time make a provocation. Some will see the provocation and miss the truth. Others will see the provocation but take pleasure in the truth. Others do not see the provocation at all. “Love believes all things”. Forgive me if it seemed to you to be unlovely.

Love doesn't provoke to confuse but for understanding.

2012/11/5 15:19Profile

Quote:
i believe that there eviction was a comon knwolage in the heavens and on the earth

even adam and eve knew what happened to satan

the punisment didint seem to fit the crime

satan still had freedom in the air and he romed the earth two frow at will

the mercy god showed this butafull angle was evedent to eve and adam

it led them to question in there hearts gods athority an severity

the tree of knowlage allways held atractive mystery in there eyes

when satan temted eve to eat ,,the idea that god is soft he wont punish us servery ,was i believe the first false thoughts that were givern room in there mind

this led to a clouded thought process and made her and adam vunrable to satan so satan struck as a serpent strikes

this is the first big mistake that the sons of adam make ,false thinking about gods righeous judgmnt and severity

satan stole out of her the word of god and she became fruitless ,and partook of the fruit of the tree of knowlage

the lak of knowlage of god ,caused the desire of pride to rise ,and inturn the hunger for forbiden knowlage became the goal

this is what happens to the sons of adam now

this thinking is intamently conected to the children of adam. Gary.

Interesting thoughts Gary. May I ask where your thoughts come from? Is it a view which you have read or are these your own thoughts? I must say I have an altogether different view of time and context myself. But I do think that it just shows how difficult it is to find a simple answer to the question of why Adam disobeyed God. We know that in the end Eve was deceived and so she disobeyed at a disadvantage as it were. We know that before she disobeyed she understood that she ought not to eat that particular fruit. We also know that Adam had the same knowledge of God' will and that he was not deceived, yet he disobeyed God without a seeming reason to do so. We could take this a little further and say that we know what Satan thought about his act of rebellion because we have the very words in Isaiah. But what was in it for Adam? He wasn't deceived there was no reason for pride, he was innocent, this precludes any possibility of pride, and yet he still thought to disobey.

2012/11/5 16:14
jimp

Re:

hi, it is my weird belief that adams sin was so severe because he not only ate of the tree of the knowlege of good and evil; but rejected the tree of life(Jesus).jimp we have the same problem today.

2012/11/5 17:10Profile

Quote:
hi, it is my weird belief that adams sin was so severe because he not only ate of the tree of the knowlege of good and evil; but rejected the tree of life(Jesus).jimp we have the same problem today. Jimp

If The Tree of Life was the same in meaning as God’s own eternal life (as most believe that it was) then Adam certainly had an opportunity to possess the same life as God possesses. However given that Adam was innocent for most of the time he had access to The Tree of Life it seems unlikely that his not eating of that fruit was an act of rejection. How could an innocent man reject something? As a matter of fact Jim your “weird” belief contradicts what really happened. It was God Himself who removed Adam from the possibility of eating of this Tree of Life and recorded the fact for our benefit. It was an act of mercy on God’s part not an act of rejection on Adam’s part. Innocence does not mean ignorance nor can it be cynical or critical or for that matter anything which contradicts its nature. Adam was good and perfect and lacking in nothing for life. He was a living soul. How do we come to have such a view of our forefather in his innocence that we have attributed to him every kind of stupidity and ignorance?

2012/11/5 23:25
jimp

Re:

hi, of course i was talking about before the fall. all the trees were available except one. my sermon on this preaches real good.loljimp
choose religion or choose Jesus...

2012/11/5 23:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy