SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is the principle of tithing a bondage under the law?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
jimp

Re:

hi, yes and derek prince and many others. my pastor then was roy stockstill(bapticostal)at bethany in baker,la.who had all these guys come thru and minister.i esteem roy as the greatest of all of them.never a wisk of scandal in 3 generations of men. sarted a church with 5 people and now a mega church that is a lamp on a hill with no memberships.he said when he was filled with the Holy Ghost he got out of the book of numbers and into the book of acts.jimp

2012/11/5 15:57Profile
Croref

Re:

by jimp on 2012/11/5 12:57:21

hi, yes and derek prince and many others. my pastor then was roy stockstill(bapticostal)at bethany in baker,la.who had all these guys come thru and minister.i esteem roy as the greatest of all of them.never a wisk of scandal in 3 generations of men. sarted a church with 5 people and now a mega church that is a lamp on a hill with no memberships.he said when he was filled with the Holy Ghost he got out of the book of numbers and into the book of acts.jimp

Yes, we do have much in common. I am happy to know that. Makes communications easier.

I will take a guess and say you are also familiar with Elim fellowship of the sixties?

2012/11/5 16:05Profile

Re:

Brothers for the sane of our dear sister from Africa you may want to stick to the question she had posed about tithing. I don't think she would know about the ministries you are referencing. Just s suggestion out of courtesy for Tina who started this thread..

Bearmaster.

2012/11/5 16:34
Croref

Re:

by bearmaster on 2012/11/5 13:34:59

Brothers for the sane of our dear sister from Africa you may want to stick to the question she had posed about tithing. I don't think she would know about the ministries you are referencing. Just s suggestion out of courtesy for Tina who started this thread..

Bearmaster.

I heard that Bear however, may it be known to her that those ministries are probably responsible for most of the evangelism and church plantings in Africa that perhaps have been influential for her life in CHrist. They go way back with much anointing having been on them.

2012/11/5 16:53Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, you are correct...thank you for your correction... give and it shall be given unto you,good messure, pressed down shaken together and running over shall man give unto you. i have found this to be true and proven in my life as a christian.jimp

2012/11/5 16:56Profile

Re: Is the principle of tithing a bondage under the law?

Hi Sister,
Under the New Covenant we are no longer under law but under grace! We have the Holy Spirit who leads us into all Truth and so against this "there is no law". What this means is that if we have the Spirit and as we are led by the Spirit we will always fulfill the intention of the Law which was to love God and treat others with love.

Those under the Old Covenant did not have the Spirit and so were commanded to obey the letter of the Law. If however you in Christ, saved, born again, then you will have the Holy Spirit and He will lead you into all the Truth that you need to obey as it comes to your finances.

There is no law of tithing/giving for the New Covenant believer. It is simply this, "each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."

Some are able to give a little and others are able to give much. At various stages of life we may be able to give a lot more than at other stages. There should never be any compulsion or guilt about this.

Those who preach adherence to the old testament tithing laws are zealous for the Lord but they are compelling others in how they should give and are in error. The truth is that each man should be led by the Holy Spirit and purpose in his own heart how he should give.

Also, the new testament is full of admonition to give and give generously and cheerfully. It is also clear that we should financially help some who commit themselves to full time preaching of the gospel. This is not a blanket ticket for anyone to expect to be paid for their service though.

I would also suggest that if a person enjoys the facilities of a church fellowship and those facilities cost money, then one should help bare those costs as they are able to.

I hope this helps.

In Him,
Mark

2012/11/7 20:19
Etuna

Re:

It does, and very much Mark - I appreciate you guys on here.

We've discussed it more calmly at home as well as I now undestand it better. it's been a weird transition of the mind but one that Jesus is a part of.

Thank you very much siblings... You're always a great source of counsel.

May God keep you!

Love you;-)
Tina

2012/11/8 14:24Profile
Etuna

Re:

ThyKingCome, I appreciate the testimony from MrBillPro's post in the link you posted. "Thank God, I am no longer a tither, i'm a giver."

Very powerful.

2012/11/8 14:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy