SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God does not go against the will of man.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Croref

Re:

by proudpapa on 2012/11/4 6:32:03

none seek after God on their own the scripture is clear about this.

The scripture is quite clear that you are quoting David in his circumstances as well as Isaiah, Jeremiah and God Himself with regards to the societal issues of that day. It was never to be taken to be a universal declaration. Why? Because it isn't true.

2012/11/4 9:44Profile

Re: God does not go against the will of man.

Quote:
Though He may sometimes make man willing to be willing, God never forces man to obey.

But making man to be willing to be willing is the same thing as forcing him.

God is leaving him no other choice but to chose Him.

Picture yourself in a hall way that has no windows but many doors. There is one door that leads to God and the other doors lead to ambition, pride and pleasures. We open the doors to everything but God's door. Than God sends a carpenter and removes each door one by one and finally what were left with is the door that leads to God. In order to get out of that hallway and move on in life, I am forced to go with God. My will has been crushed, thus I am forced to obey God.

2012/11/4 11:35
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: Picture yourself in a hall way that has no windows but many doors. There is one door that leads to God and the other doors lead to ambition, pride and pleasures. We open the doors to everything but God's door. Than God sends a carpenter and removes each door one by one and finally what were left with is the door that leads to God. In order to get out of that hallway and move on in life, I am forced to go with God. My will has been crushed, thus I am forced to obey God.

But God doesn't send in a carpenter to close all the windows. What he does is that he gives you understanding and because you understand you can make a right choice so you walk past the other doors.

So it's not a case of being forced to go with God, you choose to go with God you want to go with God...

2012/11/4 13:10Profile
proudpapa

Re: Croref universal declaration.

Hi Croref

Croref wrote ///The scripture is quite clear that you are quoting David in his circumstances as well as Isaiah, Jeremiah and God Himself with regards to the societal issues of that day. It was never to be taken to be a universal declaration. Why? Because it isn't true.///

Romans ch 3 10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

It is the reason that the Law has been given to bring everyone under condemnation, As a way to Draw them to back to God.

The entire World is under this Drawing

2012/11/4 13:25Profile
proudpapa

Re: murrcolr

murrcolr wrote ///But God doesn't send in a carpenter to close all the windows. What he does is that he gives you understanding and because you understand you can make a right choice so you walk past the other doors.

So it's not a case of being forced to go with God, you choose to go with God you want to go with God...///

Well said

2012/11/4 13:29Profile
Croref

Re:

Re: Croref universal declaration.
by proudpapa on 2012/11/4 10:25:37

Hi Croref

Croref wrote ///The scripture is quite clear that you are quoting David in his circumstances as well as Isaiah, Jeremiah and God Himself with regards to the societal issues of that day. It was never to be taken to be a universal declaration. Why? Because it isn't true.///

Romans ch 3 10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Read all that and you still got all wrong. "AS IT IS WRITTEN" carries great weight in the understanding that passage 'traditional reform" [s]thinkers messed up __and I, for one, believe it was on purpose to preserve their agenda.. All you have to do is reference the passage to understand and that Paul ONLY used it [them] to make his point. Even "common" sense will testify to that being the case. C'mon, I'll give you 2 outta 3.

2012/11/4 13:37Profile
Croref

Re:

Re: God does not go against the will of man.
by Approved on 2012/11/4 8:35:26

Quote:
Though He may sometimes make man willing to be willing, God never forces man to obey. God is leaving him no other choice but to chose Him.

Not so, unless you believe rebelliousness is of a different color?

Quote:
In order to get out of that hallway and move on in life, I am forced to go with God. My will has been crushed, thus I am forced to obey God.

Your mistake is believing God sends a carpenter. He doesn't. He sends that which he "foreknows" will move you in His direction by influence and not force. In this even Paul was no exception. Think about Paul's prior life before saying I'm wrong.

2012/11/4 13:45Profile
Croref

Re:

I hope you all are enjoying this exchange as I am.

It's even getting me to check myself real close like__after my foot goes in my mouth. . .))

2012/11/4 13:47Profile
proudpapa

Re: Hi Croref

Hi Croref

I am certainly not a 'traditional reform thinker. I would be persecuted by all of the reformers and persecuted by the council of Dort and persectued as was the Boston martyrs by the puritans had I lived in any of their times.

But scripture Is clear We love him, because he first loved us.

2012/11/4 14:12Profile

Re:

You seem to have it altogether, you should be in ministry brother and not wasting your time with us lowly minions.

By the way, the carpenter, plumber, architect, whatever, it's just a story, is God. He it is that comes to destroy the works of the devil. Your too analytical. But we are all unique in our own different ways.

However, I am done responding to you. Your a world of negativity and I haven't found any of what you write encouraging or uplifting. To me, that is a sad state to be in.

I am tired and I am done.

2012/11/4 14:40

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy