SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God does not go against the will of man.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sree

Re: God does not go against the will of man.

Your post is not that clear and little confusing. But I agree with the parts that I understood. God does not take the free will from man. It is a lie to say that God will do it. The scripture is clear when it says 'Gifts and calling of God are irrevocable' - Romans 11:29. Free Will is a gift that God has given to us. If he removed it from us then we will become Robots. No where in New Covenant it is written that God has removed it from us. But some man-made doctrines that are based on partial truths forces such thinking and that is why many reject this truth in scripture.

If God wanted to remove the freewill he could have done it immediately when Adam and Eve sinned. To understand why he let us have the Freewill we need to understand what Holiness means. God has called us to be Holy and blameless in his sight (Ephesians 1:4). We have planets and stars that obey God and keep spinning around with same velocity each and everyday, can they be considered Holy? No because they do not have a freewill. I can create a Robot that obeys all my commands but I cannot call it a son or daughter, because it does not obey me out of freewill. That is why God gave us this freewill and he will never remove it. Removing it means we can never become Holy.

The concept of Holy Spirit transforming our life comes out of our obedience to him that we choose out of our free will. God strengthens us to be obedient to him. This how even Jesus lived on this earth - 'I have come to do not my will but the will of my father' (John 6). So Jesus himself obeyed his father by not doing his will. He had a will of his own like us but he choose not to do it.

2012/11/2 15:32Profile
Croref

Re:

by Sree on 2012/11/2 12:32:05

Your post is not that clear and little confusing. But I agree with the parts that I understood.

I don't see your confusion in this insofar as you seem to understand that given our freewill, God must be using it to bring about His end purpose, i.e., "bringing many sons unto Glory".

Again, you support my contention:

Quote:
The concept of Holy Spirit transforming our life comes out of our obedience to him that we choose out of our free will. God strengthens us to be obedient to him. This how even Jesus lived on this earth - 'I have come to do not my will but the will of my father' (John 6). So Jesus himself obeyed his father by not doing his will. He had a will of his own like us but he choose not to do it.

2012/11/2 15:38Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

freewill, God must be using it to bring about His end purpose, i.e., "bringing many sons unto Glory".

But how God uses our freewill for his Glory is an area in which the Bible is not clear. There should be a purpose for not keeping in plain. May be we do not have the wisdom to understand his ways. Or even a Book like Bible cannot contain the numerous ways in which he can use our free will.

Bible is clear that God has a foreknowledge and he knows the decisions we are going to make. When Adam sinned God was not surprised by it but he immediately revealed his plan to Crush the Satan and deliver mankind from Sin by sending his Son Jesus. But the fact that God knows our future short comings already does not free us from the Judgement for our actions.

2012/11/2 17:00Profile
brothagary

Re:

the problem is that the free will of man is bondage to his sinfull flesh ,and his sinfull coruptive carnal mind is enmity againsts god and is not subject to the high law of god ,,,,,,but even god decred the cureses of courption to come on mans ofspring ,and all the worlds as a result

in this state of mans carnal mind and will being at emity with god and being in bondage ,,,his origanal free will his not capable of willing to do righeous acts ,,he is a sinnner to the core will and all other emotions are facalitys are stained ,,god must make the first move in any reconcilation that takes place ,,gods will is absulty sovern in this situation

and in the situation of the fall and bongade into courption in wich all men live ,, it is also a soveran act of the all mighty god , that he might show glory and mercy accoring to his good pleasure his good pleaser and pourpus
it is not of him who wills nor him who runs but of god who shows mercy

it is gods free will that makes all the diffrence and he determins who he draws in to full salvation based souly on his pourpus election and i believe of him working goodness in the men he predestines ,,
and he dertimins who he draws part of the way and lets them go ,,and he determins who will remained vailed to glory
it is god who works in you both to will
and to do for his god please

mans will is free to sin is way to hell

if the lord of saboth has not left us the seed
we would all be made in to sodom ,and turned out like gomera i think paul said that

blessings

2012/11/2 17:39Profile
brothagary

Re:

how god gets glory using us as christans ,tho many dont want to give him the glory he deserves

he works in us both to will and to do for his good pleasuer and his glory

he effects our corupted will that is set againts all godliness ,and mingles his perfect will with ours

therefore when we do what is good ,and use our will for good ,it is god causeing it to happen , it his him working in us to will and to do

so its not about christans having an abrartary free will where by he goes around doing good by is OWN FREENESS OF WILL ,,and people see how good he is by his OWN FREE WILL ,and therfore people say wow them christians are good people ,lets praise jesus

i will cause you to walk in my statutes
and you will be carfull to do them ,,,,said a certaint prophert

it god geting all the glory in any good his children do because it his him that causes and decrees the good deeds

he works through broken vesels ,that he prepared for his own glory ,,vesels of his mercy

it all about him ,and that is all there is to it

wether we like it or not ,thats the GLORY OF GOD

2012/11/2 17:58Profile
Croref

Re:

A very good example of what I am speaking of is Abraham making the decision to go into Egypt and when the 10 sons sold Joseph into bondage __and lets not forget Adam.
Now, having said that, can you speak of a time when God went against man's will for the advancement of His purpose__even Balaam makes the cut.

I made the assertion that God only USED man's will to advance His.

2012/11/2 18:05Profile
brothagary

Re:

a good example of god going againts the sinner is salvation of a carnal sinner whos mind and will is at enmity against god ,, gods makes the rebel willing

the gosple is a spirtual based oracl from the lips of the holy spirit
and the bible says the carnal man can not recieve the things of the spirit for it is foolish to him

the carnal man will not recieve the things of the spirit

the carnal man is not willing to recieve the things of the spirit ,is a fine example of god going agansts the will of man ,and even changing the nature of the will of man ,to be willing to reciev the things of the spirit

a mighty mirical

but it definitly obvious that god even uses the fallen will of men to acomplish his purpose of judment and even blessings ,and what is more he claims that when he does this ,it is him who does it it is a decree set forth from the will of the creator,,,which shows his abslut sovernty over creation and over the so called
free will of man

gods free will in these examples is shown to take preemenence over mans will

just as it is over the wind and the sea

and yet man is not a robot or pupet ,,how unfavenable is his decress an his ways passed finding out ,,,oh paul said somthing like that as well

2012/11/2 18:27Profile
Croref

Re:

by brothagary on 2012/11/2 15:27:35

a good example of god going againts the sinner is salvation of a carnal sinner whos mind and will is at enmity against god ,, gods makes the rebel willing

". . . . . then began men to call upon the name of the LORD". Genesis 4:26 (KJV)

Want a few more where God didn't make man do anything you espouse??

Read Romans 1 before replying. Thank you.

2012/11/2 18:51Profile
jimp

Re:

hi croef, why do you pull a verse out of gen. to apply to today?we live under a new and better covenant.Jesus has come and has set the captives free. He has ascended into heaven and has sent the comforter in full measure. we now are a peculiar people who are seated with Him in heavenly places.each one of us at one time were enemies of God. in order to be saved the Holy Spirit has moved upon our wicked and evil hearts and made them into hearts of flesh.He had to move onto our wills which were totally egocentric and change us so that we can turn our will over to the Lord.(repentance)He must show us the only way to eternal life is to be buried with Him and in Him daily.jimp

2012/11/2 19:41Profile
brothagary

Re:

with all respect one should keep the scripture in a full contex

that scripture you posted in genesis ,does not contradict the scripture in the new testament that paul wrote

''when he said the carnal man cannot recieve the things of the spirit;; or the words jesus spoke when he said

''these words i speak to you are spirit''
the bible says the carnl mind of man is ''at enmity against god ''

i used the word rebel to describ the one at enmity against god ,who cant recieve the things of the spirit ,,the bible says cant recieve ,,god must interven to make him willing and able to recieve what is imposable because of him being an enemy of god

god must effect the mind and will is conected to the mind

if we look at pauls conversion ,,his will was greatly effected ,,,god came against paul and pauls stubern christ hating will , and changed it , a miracle one that was so against gods will ,was changed to preach christ , in a short amount of time ,,as he said quot ,,it was god who worked in them both to will and to do

god begane to break his self will ,and worked in him to do some of the most amasing things for gods good pleasure

iv read romons maby a hundered times ,,and it is one of my favourt letters from paul ,wich points to the sovernty of gods will

is there a particular verse you had in mind

that verse you posted in genesis kept in contex with the rest of scripture teaching on the sovernty ,suggest

that god indused men to call on him by his holy spirit by faith

he gave certaint ones revalation of his presence and in that presesnce with that revalation of his reality being ,they called on him ,as many call on him today as you or i

blessings

2012/11/2 19:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy