SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Judgment at the Door

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Mattie

Judgment at the Door

Tsunamis in Sri Lanka. Hurricanes in Florida. Mudslides in California. Earthquakes in Iran. Nothing happens without God knowing it. Romans 1 says that "the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness". God is speaking when we least expect Him to. These are just small signs of greater calamities that are ahead. They are signs for America who has turned her back on God. It always starts as just little signs, but the judgment will be all the more greater.

2005/2/28 1:05Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Re: Judgment at the Door

Yep.

2005/2/28 2:12Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

We must pray then, for revival, Ravenhill once said, "God help us if there is no revival before judgment." I couldn't agree more. Jeremiah asked God to judge him according to his justice, not in his wrath or else he would be destroyed! Paul saidto examine ourselves to see if we be in the faith, examinitaion gives way to repentance and repentance gives way to revival.

2005/3/2 8:56Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
We must pray then, for revival, Ravenhill once said, "God help us if there is no revival before judgment." I couldn't agree more. Jeremiah asked God to judge him according to his justice, not in his wrath or else he would be destroyed! Paul saidto examine ourselves to see if we be in the faith, examinitaion gives way to repentance and repentance gives way to revival.

Well said. There are lots of people around proclaiming coming judgment but are we seeking God to bring revival and prepare our hearts to offer words of hope and love in a time of darkness?

We need revival desperately, here's some notes I took recently on revival;

"O Lord revive thy work."

Revival is God's work, it must come from above. God must reveal the conditions of revival to us to prepare those who are to pray for it.

The revival that God gives will be given in answer to prayer. Let's think of the need of souls, and the lack of power in the pulpit, and begin to cry out.

We need to humble ourselves and confess the church's sins, worldliness, confidence in flesh,lack of spitituality, lack of power. God revives those who utterly helpless, the contrite ones.

There must be a return to the Lord. Let's cast out two great enemies, confidence in flesh and the spirit of the world. Let there be a surrender of a dependence and a devotion that has no measure but the absolute claim of Him who is Lord. Let us begin with ourselves.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/3/2 19:04Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Absolutely Ron,

I like this verse from Habbakuk which sums up what you said rather nicely.

Hab 3:2 O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.

These are the midst of the years and my prayer that in the midst of God's judgment, he will bring revival (i.e. a judgment unto repentance).

2005/3/2 19:32Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy