SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The most deadly judgment

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Sorry. No post.

2012/10/30 23:06

Re:

Good original post. Very true.

2012/10/30 23:49
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

jimp, for once I will have to agree with you on this one brother;) If we truly know the Lord we should bask in the grace and mercy of Jesus, giving praise and thanksgiving to Him for who He is and what He's done. God's Word is filled with admonitions to have a joyful spirit in light of our relationship with Him.

However, I also agree with the original post that spiritual judgments from God are worse than physical ones, and that there is a serious danger that many are in of falling under that kind of judgment.

I do believe it's wise for us to be aware of the strong delusions that are prevalent in this day and age. This type of awareness brings to light the holiness of God and helps us to walk in fear(reverence) and trembling before him.

But we must be careful that as blood-bought children of God we don't bring unecessary fear of God's judgment upon ourselves, that we don't foolishly apply certain kinds of warnings to ourselves which only apply to the unsaved.

So maybe there should be a balance.

I also agree with dbiser:

Quote:
Physical judgments and spiritaul judgments are one thing; But the most deadly judgment is not delusion presently. The most deadly judgment is 'the second death'. For it is final; it is everlasting; no reprieve; no tomorrow.

Consideration of that most-awful and dreadful fate of the ungodly should cause us to have compassion for them and reach out to them with the everlasting gospel that is able to save them to the uttermost.

2012/10/31 1:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
But we must be careful that as blood-bought children of God we don't bring unecessary fear of God's judgment upon ourselves, that we don't foolishly apply certain kinds of warnings to ourselves which only apply to the unsaved.

Quite true, however this is not the case with Paul's warning in 2 Thessalonians 2. The context was in relation to the great falling away (apostasy from the faith). Of course it applies also to unbelievers being given over, but the context is not referencing unbelievers. One cannot fall away from something they were never a part of.

We would do ourselves, other believers, Paul, and the Holy Spirit who inspired it to be written, a great disservice if we dismissed it as a caveat simply for the unsaved. We're already seeing the beginning of this.

If you're curious for a recent example I've seen, just go to Google and type in "Brian McLaren gay son wedding", and prepare to be dumbfounded by how much support he has, and compare it to what Romans 1:32 has to say of such things.

It would appear that the falling away is already beginning. To put ones head in the sand and say, "I could never be deceived!" is a deception in itself. Time for all of us to make sure we know Jesus in both spirit and in truth.

2012/10/31 2:12
brothagary

Re:

gee jim the warnings about judment come from the lords mouth ,the apostal paull warned day and night for three years ,about a strong delusion ,jesus ,alked about hell more then heaven

sure we sould never worry

but jim you are i believe falsely implying that the brothers in this thread are comiting sin by worrying about judment and delusion

can you even prove that any of these presious saints are comiting the sin of worrying

satan job is to falsely accuse the saints of sin

paul said warning every man and teaching every man with all wisdom that we may precent them perfect in christ

concider that this is what is being done ,,unless you know they are comiting sin for sure

soboring warnings ,,,,

and bibilical doctrine ,,,,,add that to salvation ,sancitification,deliverence that you mentioned ,and then we are geting closer to what the bible exorts us to believe and teach

no works you say ,,whattt

paul said be carfull to mantain good works

god bless us

2012/10/31 3:07Profile

Re:

Honestly, we deceive ourselves with a spirit of delusion to not take heed to the physical signs of judgement that God is bringig upon this planet. God has laid out in tbe gospels, the letters of his servants, and the book of Revelation tbe things that take place prior to his coming. And these come from a mericiful loving heavenly Father to warn us that the time is near and we are to be about the business of his kingdom. That business is to tell men that must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

God has warned us, consustantly, in the New Testament to watch and pray. Paul admonished us to understand the present time and to wake up from our slumber. For our salvation is nearer now than we first believed. God is telling us that an hour of urgency is here. Not panic but urgency. To be about tbe things of Christ. And yet some of you still want to debate this.

There is a tendancy on the part of some to dismiss those who say take heed to tbe urgency of the hour. They are accused to revelling in judgement and condemnation. Those who warn are accused of being unloving. Dwelling on gloom. And s forth.

Those who dismiss tbe watchman say focus on tbe liove and finished work of Christ of Christ on tbe cross. He has born our judgement. Those who dismiss the watchman are implying the watchman does not belueve that God has born our judgement upon the cross.

Saints tbe watchman believes in tbe work of redemption and the finished work of Christ kn tbe cross. But tbe scriptures teach that God is returnng to this planet and has given signs to tell of his coming. And because of that urgency the watchmen cry for the redeemed to wake up and tbe unsaved to flee to the finished work of Christ. To find salvstion in him.

Tell me, was the weather forcaster who warned people in the Northeast about Sandy and its destruction accused of giving bad news. Were the meteoroligist accused of gloom and doom when they warned tbe people to prepare for tbe coming storm. I can hear it now. Oh nan. I wish that weather person would stop talking about a superstorm and focus on a sunny weather picture.

Indeed Jesus was right when he said that tbe people of this age are more shrewed then are tbe sons of light. At least tbe people of this age will heed tbe weather reports. They will take physical preparations.

Tragically Christians, and perhaps some in this forum, dismiss the warnings of scripture about tbe soon return of Jesus Christ. They will relegate tbe warnings to some far off fictional event. They will be tbe ones saying peace and safety. Yes, they will say they are saved by Jesus. But ignore tbe urgency of tbe hour and the things that are happening.kn tbe earth. To speak of these things one will be accused of gloom and doom.

Dear saint. Wake up. A sjperstorm has devastated tbe Northeast. Scientist call it tbe storm of a lifetime. I know, many will say, Bear storms have always happened. They will rebuild and life will go back to tbe way ut was. But a few will awake and ask what are you saying in tbis hour dear God? How do I respond to what transpired? Holy God what would you have me do? This will be the remnant Gos is calling to himself.

Bearnaster

2012/10/31 8:57
stevet83

Re:

How can anyone say this is referring to Christians?
2 Thess.1:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

The warning is warranted, but Christians don't need to worry they will be the ones who God does this to. This is a judgement upon those who aren't saved & had no love for the truth.
1 Cor.1:8-9Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

2012/10/31 9:07Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, in no way have i ever on this site accused anyone of sinning.Jesus took away our sins on the cross. if you love Him you will keep His commandments.it is the goodness of God that brings salvation.if we take a look at the history of His people who made it a habit of sinning against Him.it is always His deliverance through judgement .no plagues in the land of goshen.deliverance through the red sea with the treasures of egypt.through the wilderness in their unbelief.deliverance through the jordan.miracle victory in battle as soon as they enter land....deliverance through the firey furnace and the lions den.although i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i will fear no evil.many other examples of God taking care of those who love Him...He is my abba and He loves me ;even sent His Son to die for me, i am seated with Him inheavenly places.judgement is on the earth and those who refuse Him.i live by grace ,not judgement.jimp

2012/10/31 9:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
How can anyone say this is referring to Christians?

By reading the first part of the chapter. Paul is talking about Christians falling away in concordance with the activity of the antichrist and Satan through lying signs and wonders.

It's referencing and expounding on the warning Christ gave in Matthew 24.

2012/10/31 11:28
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Dear Saints,

There is no greater security than making our calling and election sure. One can not read Paul, the writer of Hebrews, James, Peter, John, or Jude without seeing that every writer warned of the danger of spiritual carelessness and possible deception that the original readers were vulnerable to.

Giving all diligence to add to our faith, keeping ourselves in the love of God, praying in the Holy Spirit and making every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with Him will produce genuine eternal security.

Blessed are those servants whom Jesus finds doing His will when He returns. He Himself will serve them and reward them with every blessing He inherited from the Father.

The prudent servant appointed to provide food for his Master's servant corp became the evil slave after the long delay. His good beginning ended horribly. This is the mindset Jesus sought to instill in His own handpicked disciples. We would do well to take heed to our Lord's own warning ourselves.

makrothumia

2012/10/31 11:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy