SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Developing a new ministry & business to support it

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
dohzman

Re: From My Heart to Yours

Brother Wayne; I ministered on the streets for many years and ran a buisness (Construction) to provide for myself and the needs of my wife and growing family (4 in all- 2 sons and 2 daughters).During this time ,in my zeal, I would hire thoughs from the streets who had made committments to Jesus.I would train them and buy thier equipment , trucks ,hand tools or what ever they needed.Normally they needed to get drivers licenses and practical things like that but I invested the time and monies needed. The buisness end of my life barely made it as I walked in the knowledge of God's word I possessed. There are some people who God has his finger on and has gifted to do this,but they're the except rather than the rule, I couldn't seem to make it work. I would minister on the streets 2 or 3 times a week. I had no illusions to gaining support from the church (organized church). I went through your frustration with the church until I finially came to the point where I went to Jesus and cried out to him for help. This became my pattern of life until I came to a place of resting in him. I'm not against having a buisness and a ministry--- 2 seperate things (and both are ministry) but in the sense where you take someone from off the streets and give them a job in your own buisness as a means of the repentance/reform process. In my buisness dealings I made alot of buisnes contacts/friends who I could turn to and provide help in finding jobs for these people in need . NOW comes a HARD SAYING beause it can be taken wrong in the area of pratical helps -- for some people, they need to struggle inorder that thier confidence might rest in a God who Cares for them on a personall level and to help them would be like cheating them.I'm reminded of a stroy where a little girl who lived on a farm was in the hen house and saw a chick trying to break out of its shell and decided to help it , days later the chick died. The little girl asked her father why and he explained that inorder to live the chick had to develope the strength by breaking out of its shell,God made it that way.My dear Brother, don't be discouraged or angry , break out of the shell of thinking that an UNLIMITED GOD can only provide though the free will offerings of his church. I have some more to say but will refrane in doing so for now.Your Brother-Daryl

2005/3/1 10:44Profile
getrealwithg

littlefield, tx

Re:

None other than Jesus Himself told us to be [b]wise as serpents[/b], & yet be as harmless as doves. Are you aware that the serpent represents Satan's kingdom in the Bible? We're to be as wise as Satan's people folks. Can you imagine the impact believers could have on the world around them if they banded together to form businesses that could compete with the secular world around them; businesses where the down line was not [b]making a buck[/b], but providing a better life for all believers? Can you imagine the impact we could have if those of us who have been involved in the construction trade for years banded together to form construction companies that could compete with secular companies around us? We could build christian communities with the profits with a drug free & violence free environement where believers could live @ an affordable price & in a christian environement. Could you imagine the impact those of us who are involved in computer related businesses could have on the world around us if we banded together to form our own businesses, using a lot of the profits to form powerful online ministries that would be a real tool for God's kingdom? The problem is, most of the church world has been conditioned to think like the world around us who would like to keep believers begging for scraps on their doorsteps. The original church in Acts was concerned about the body as a whole, a body that wholeheartedly took care of one another. There were those in the body then who had God given talents for making a lot of money who used that money to make sure all of the believers among them had a decent life.

2005/3/1 10:57Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Can you imagine the impact believers could have on the world around them if they banded together to form businesses that could compete with the secular world around them; businesses where the down line was not making a buck, but providing a better life for all believers? Can you imagine the impact we could have if those of us who have been involved in the construction trade for years banded together to form construction companies that could compete with secular companies around us?

The original church in Acts was concerned about the body as a whole, a body that wholeheartedly took care of one another. There were those in the body then who had God given talents for making a lot of money who used that money to make sure all of the believers among them had a decent life.

GRWG
I was goint to stay out of this one, but the latter paragraph here has absolutely no scriptural evidence for it.

2005/3/1 11:14Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
and toward the main topic of the thread I firmly believe that ministry does NOT need business to fund it but rather if the call of God is there to start the ministry God will supply the need. The person involved with ministry must have his/her entire heart and devotion in that cause.

I think you are right here Greg. There are some things much better kept separate; church and state, church and business... church and just about anything that isn't church.

2005/3/1 11:16Profile
dohzman

Re: Matt 10:16

This refers to the believers walk in the area of fulfilling the great commission. Not in buisness. The problem with your idea is that the original intention of God was to make His presence available everywhere and for that to happen ,"we chistians" need to be salt and light in the world.Jesus even prayed that way for us ; note Jn 17:15 . I often think that the reason there was 12 tribes--13-- was because God was trying to let us know that even under the New Covenant the church would be splintered into different extremes and factions. The early church was a responsive church to the needs of the people around them both in and out of the body of believers. I see that today in many churches and home fellowships. But to restate my earlier post-to use buisness as part of the repentance/reform process in the life of a new believer is a mistake. Best to just get new believers active in some ministry to the community where they can have both accountability and mentorship (discipleship) built into thier lives.

2005/3/2 2:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy