SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : All Things in Perspective

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

All Things in Perspective

This morning I reflected upon tbe Northeast and our call as we prayed for those impacted by the storm last night. When one is in tbe middle of a hurricane and rising flood waters, the temporal things we think are so important pale to nothing compared to eternity.

72 hours ago all thoughts were focussed on the elections or whether the disciples were born before or after Pentecost. In my home state of Arkansas concerns ranged from whether tbe Razorbacks would get a bowl bid to whether one would have enough money to make ends meet.

Like everyone else I would awaken and think of doctors appointments, lost pets, cleaning the house, time in prayer and the word. But then something happens that shakes tbe self centered bubble that I and others have made for themselves. A catastrophic event of such magnitude interrupts our lives. We are forced to think of greater things. The things of eternity.

We must ask ourselves what God is saying to us in this final hour as significant events impact our nation. What are the concerns of the heart of God. A saint in times past has said the things of eternal value are the word of God and the souls if men and women

On our call as we prayed for the Northeast we cried out for tbe salvation if souls amidst tbe storm that raged up there. We read in tbe New Testament from Mathew through to Revelation that God is intent on one thing. To save his people from their sins.

Brothers and sisters I believe many more storms are on tbe horizons. Be they natural, political, financial, religious, personal, etc. We must see. . things from God's perspective and look to tbe cross as a reference point. The heart of God beats with eternity. When one sees John 3:16 you can almost hear his heart beat with people, people, people.

Dear saints God wants a people to be with him in eternity. In light if of tbe greater reality of eternity. May we lay aside our temporal shallow lives and be about the greater eternal things of God. The word of God and tbe souls of men and women.

Posted by Bearmaster.

2012/10/30 8:57
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: AlkThings in Perspective

If something like this can't cause us to pause and reflect, what can?

1 Peter 4:7, 'But the end of all things is at hand, therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.'

1 Peter 4:17, 'For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God, and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?'

If we are not living with eternity in view, what then are we living for?

2012/10/30 10:50Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
enid....If something like this can't cause us to pause and reflect, what can?

It probably does cause most Christians to pause and reflect, but you must think outside the box, it causes a lot of non Christians to just get mad at God. Remember, not all people believe or want to believe in God, so they use these natural disasters to promote their agendas, like "look what your God did" they say this because they do not want to believe, they reject the fact there is a God.

2012/10/30 11:16Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Non Christians getting mad at God is nothing new. They hate Him anyway.

And they need to make up their minds as to whether God exists or not. If He does not exist, then you cannot blame someone who does not exist for what has taken place.

If He does exist, and this happens, what can they do about it? They should realise how powerless they are against any disater, whether natural or otherwise.

In Revelation 9, we are told that mankind does not repent of their works etc.

Again, in Revelation 16, men blaphemed God and did not repent.

Sad, but this is how it is.

2012/10/30 11:27Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
enid....If He does not exist, then you cannot blame someone who does not exist for what has taken place.

Your right! but they have been doing this for hundreds of years, it's a mental thing with them, by saying this, it helps them to continue to reject God and promote their agenda. You really don't have to believe something to condemn it, and most don't, they just jump on the bandwagon,with all the other lost folks.

2012/10/30 11:34Profile

Re:

Of course the unbeliever will get mad st Gof about bad things. And blame him. My post was aimed more at Christians who think tbeir own temporal bubbles are ore important than the things of eternity. Namely the souls men and tbe word of God.

Sometimes it does take a natural disaster to remind us of what is important. That is what is important to God.

Bearnaster

2012/10/30 11:37
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
bearmaster....My post was aimed more at Christians who think their own temporal bubbles are mire important than the things of eternity.
Bearmaster

YIKES! I don't know if I would even call folks like that, "true" Christians, that's why I thought you were speaking of the lost, sorry Mr. Bear.
Mr. Bill

2012/10/30 11:44Profile

Re:

Bill your point is valid. The lost need to think about eternity. Particularly in light of natural disasters and other storms that God is sending our way. But more importantly believers need to think about eternal things so we can show the lost the way. That is shy I said the eternal things God values are his word and tbe souls of men and women. Certainly these are things tbe believing child of God should be concerned about.

Let me say brother I am preaching to myself here. Do appreciate your point though.

Bearmaster.

2012/10/30 11:54
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Speaking of preaching to ourselves, I once read this.

There are things we need to preach to ourselves, and in remembering them, calling them to mind and putting them into our focus we are preaching to ourselves. Declare them to yourself, take yourself in hand and listen to these truths. Remember them. Love them and hold them tight. Especially when darkness and sadness threaten to overtake you, remember these blessed truths. These are the things that will keep us. In times of suffering, darkness and depression as well as the rest of the time, when the sun is shining and all is well we must develop and cultivate this practice of preaching to ourselves. And our souls must bless the Lord, worship His holy Name, now and forevermore.

2012/10/30 12:17Profile

Re:

Bill good thoughts to reflect on. Amen brother.

Bearmaste.

2012/10/30 12:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy