SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Sins of the fathers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

Sins of the fathers

Exodus 20:4,5 Never make your own carved idols or statues that represent any creature in the sky, on the earth, or in the water. Never worship them or serve them, because I, the LORD your God, am a God who does not tolerate rivals. I punish children for their fathers sins to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.

The commandment of God is repeated word for word in;

Deuteronomy 5:8,9 Never make your own carved idols or statues that represent any creature in the sky, on the earth, or in the water. Never worship them or serve them, because I, the LORD your God, am a God who does not tolerate rivals. I punish children for their fathers sins to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.

The above verses from the Word of God have been posted in this thread to answer the questions below which were asked on another recent thread by one poster.

"It mentions devils attacking the children because of the sins of the father and the kids as not having God's protection because of him. Why should the children suffer for the sins of the father (under the NT)? Please understand, i am NOT saying it is not true; i am not disagreeing, i am only wondering IF it is true and if so then WHY. It just doesn't seem JUST to me that the children should pay for the sins of the father, especially if they do not agree with his sins. And what about the prayer protection or godliness of the mother, doesnt that account for anything? Just my thoughts. I agree with pretty much all the article had to say."

What ought to be noted in the verses which are quoted that is so often overlooked are the last 5 words, "...of those who hate me."

If anyone hates Him then it may apply to them, But,

We who have been adopted as sons by the Father are not under any curse whatsoever that our earthly fathers may have been guilty of.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, by which we cry, Abba, Father.

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us to the adoption of children to himself by Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of his will.

Galatians 4:4-7 But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Albeit that this be the Truth as it is in Jesus,this by no means discounts the fact that the effects of our fathers sins are far reaching.

But the emphasis to be sure lies in this great truth, "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." John 8:36

May the Word of God speak to your heart,O inquirer into this matter!

1 Cor. 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

2012/10/28 0:19Profile
proudpapa

Re: Sins of the fathers

Hi Savannah what is your thoughts on ///10 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments///??

some versions add Generations after thousands. what are they implying buy adding the word Generations ??

2012/10/28 2:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy