SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Loving Wrath

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rsmpdx

Beaverton, OR

Loving Wrath

God's wrath, for some reason, we tend to push under the carpet and shrug off as negative. For instance, we'll testify to sinners that "God's eternal punishment for sinners is a place called hell, BUT God is loving and kind, and He made a way for sinners to be saved by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ". In essence, it sounds like we're saying that God only displays His love through His mercy and forgiveness. No doubt, the grace and mercy of God are things I praise and thank Him for every day, but His wrath is also loving. He is, thankfully, a just judge, a perfect give and upholder of the law. No need to review His dictates, there are no appeals, no turnovers, no loopholes, and no way anyone will ever escape the scope of His justice. Any thoughts on this?

2012/10/27 20:10Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re: Loving Wrath

23rd psalm They rod and thy staff, they comfort me

The rod is not applied in gentleness but in correction, the same with the staff. This is not to say God does not gently nudge us along but being stubborn, as all sinners are, it is most often necessary to knock us up along side the head to get our attention. Still, it is our Heavenly Father's touch and it is meant for our improvement and given in Love, not wrath.

Wrath is too harsh a word for God's corrections, but they still feel like punishment until you repent and submit. Of course, should He withdraw from you it will not be long before you will beg for his rod and staff.

2012/10/27 20:27Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, be sure your sins will find you out... the sins comitted in the flesh will be paid for in the flesh as we sometimes struggle to walk in the spirit.i have seen this over and over again.i could write many testimonies but i will state my own. if you overeat throughout your life you will have joint problems and some heart problems. as i sit hear in my wheel chair and type this my hip is in pain and my legs are swollen and deseased from conjestive heart failure.as long as i was young ,i would exercise more than most people,but when my hip wore out i could not exercise and this obesity truly became evident. i am still on fire for my Lord and am eating better but i have been found out.jimp

2012/10/27 21:41Profile
savannah

Re: No wrath for US

No wrath for US -

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

1 John 5:11 And this is the testimony, that God hath given to us eternal life: and this life is in his Son.

Romans 9:23,24 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had before prepared for glory, Even us whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles.

2 Thess. 1:6,7 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled, rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels.

Wrath is for THEM -

Romans 9:22 What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction.

John 3:36 The one believing into the Son has everlasting life; but the one disobeying the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

2 Thess. 1:6-9 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them... when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son, hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God, hath not life.

He disciplines US who are His children -

Hebrews 12:5-8 And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him.
For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives." It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

2012/10/27 23:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy