SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Our Salvation is a Gift from God by the atoning blood of Jesus!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ArtB

New York

Our Salvation is a Gift from God by the atoning blood of Jesus!

There is POWER in the BlOOD!

Jesus is the perfect Lamb of God, the Paschal Lamb whose blood, shed on a cross, washes away all sins of every person who accepts Jesus Atoning blood washes away all their sins - past, present, and future.

The only way we are saved is through accepting Jesus death on the cross as paying the penalty in full for all our sins. Jesus kept God's entire Mosaic Laws in our place.

Not having sinned, Jesus becomes the perfect Lamb of God One sacrifice of the LAMB OF GOD, for all time, His shed blood washes all our sins away forever, to all who accepts the blood that Jesus shed on the cross as atonement for all our sins: Past - Present - and Future. One Scarifice sin offering for all time, no need for another blood sacrifice of another perfect Lamb to wash away our sins for only another year.

The blood Jesus shed on the cross washes away all sins of all who accept this atoning blood of Jesus.

Upon His death, God annihilated the Mosaic Covenant, a covenant no human could ever keep, except the only begotten Son of God, who died on a cross on our behalf, that His righteousness is accounted to us Christians, who have accepted His atoning blood as washing away

Our part, we are to simply believe Him, enter into fellowship with Jesus ("he who abides in me I will abide in him"), upon which we receive the Holy Spirit, 'God in me', and we become a child of God. It is as if we are back in the Garden of Eden, through the indwelling Holy Spirit in us, God in us, whom works in us daily to change our very nature, that we may be transformed that we may naturally do the good God created us to do. It is through this sincere daily walk with God, Whom loves us dearly, that our nature becomes transformed to be a people who does the good that God created us to do. And Not by threats of punishment and rejection if we disobey, but by His wonderful love and mercy for us, His children.

What man can't do, God can do. We were too weak to save ourselves by obedience to the whole Mosaic Law. Upon Jesus death, God annihilated the Mosaic Covenant with its' 613 laws. A LAW no man could keep, except Jesus, God in the flesh.

What man can not do, Jesus did for us on the cross, a true gift of God to all who accept this wonderful gift.

This New Covenant we have in Jesus, wherein humans are not saved by the works of the Law, but as a gift of God to all who accept Jesus and believe in His finished work on the cross, we are saved by His faith, all our sins are forgiven for all time, and that we have indwelling the Holy Spirit, knowing that if we confess our sins, God will always forgive their sins, and HE will cleanse them from all unrighteousness.

What God says He will do in us, His children, it will get done.

A pretty good deal for us, heh!!

And all true Christians, regardless of denomination, believe that God's work in us will produce His good nature in us and the fruit of this will be shown in our good works that we will do naturally, having had our inner nature be changed from a spirit of rebellion to Godliness, God's work in us as we walk and rejoice in Him daily.

And we shall have eternal life, the promise of the abundant life partialy now (and some trinulations), but mostly when God takes us to His Kingdom, a true gift from God to us through Jesus, and the indwelling Holy Spirit, God in us. Even now, I am at peace because what God has accomplished for us who believe Him and accept the Finished work on the Cross By His only begotten Son Jesus, and the indwelling Holy Spirit.

2012/10/24 20:30Profile
Croref

Re: Our Salvation is a Gift from God by the atoning blood of Jesus!

If true/accurate it is a dream come true for the self-centered among us__but what is in it for God?

2012/10/25 11:35Profile
ArtB

New York

Re: Our salvation is a gift from God to us, who accept this free gift from God.

Crofef, we who are Christians, God chose us. We come to God because we are His children.

"That if you confess with your mouth Jesus Christ as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you will be saved." {Holy Bible - Romans 10:9}

John 3:14-18 (Salvation can not get any easier than this.)

"As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up; so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

John 6:39 - 45

39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

41 Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, “I am the bread that came down out of heaven.” 42 They were saying, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does He now say, ‘I have come down out of heaven’?” 43 Jesus answered and said to them, “Do not grumble among yourselves. 44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

Our Justification is not the results of our keeping the Mosaic Laws or some subset of them, we are saved by accepting the blood of Jesus shed on the cross, and this is a gift from God which we receive by faith alone.

We are indeed saved by Faith alone, But it is not our faith that saves us, We who are saved are saved by the Faith of Jesus. He is the GOOD SHEPHERD and His sheep hear His voice, and the come to Him.

Rom 3:20-26

20 wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin.

21 And now apart from law has the righteousness of God been manifested, testified to by the law and the prophets,

22 and the righteousness of God [is] through the faith of Jesus Christ to all, and upon all those believing, -- for there is no difference,

23 for all did sin, and are come short of the glory of God --

24 being declared righteous freely by His grace through the redemption that [is] in Christ Jesus,

25 whom God did set forth a mercy seat, through the faith in his blood, for the shewing forth of His righteousness, because of the passing over of the bygone sins in the forbearance of God --

26 for the shewing forth of His righteousness in the present time, for His being righteous, and declaring him righteous who [is] of the faith of Jesus.[/b] YLT

AND

Gal 2:15-21

15 "We are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the Gentiles; nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith of Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified. But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be! For if I rebuild what I have once destroyed, I prove myself to be a transgressor. For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."
NASU

Eph 2:1-10
And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest. But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ ( by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
NASU

The actual greek words read as follows:

"[from verse 13 - our being sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise = which in verse 14] is the pledge (from the greek meaning - part of the purchase property given in advance as security for the rest) of our inheritance until the redemption of the acquisition.

Jesus paid the price for us on the cross, He sealed us as His possession by giving us the indwelling Holy Spirit, and He will give us our great inheritance when He redeems His acquisition of us at His 2nd coming.

Lets break that paragraph down in its' proper order.

4. He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him.

God knew us, chose us, before the foundation of the world [cosmos], and that we would be Holy and Blameless before Him

5. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will,

We were predestined to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to His kind will.

6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.

And this God freely bestowed upon us in Jesus.

7. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

In Jesus we have redemption through His Blood, the forgiveness of our sins, by His rich graces we are redeemed

8 which He lavished on us. In all wisdom and insight

It's a gift to us, well planned out before time.

9 He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him

He revealed this truth of his kind intention through Jesus Christ

10 with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth.

According to God's timing and plan etc.

11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,

We Have Obtained an inheritance, as predestined according to God's will, work, and purpose

12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory.

The early Christians receiving the fulfillment of the above plans of God first.

13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation — having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise

We listened to the message of truth (gospel), and we believed Jesus's message, we were sealed in Jesus with the Holy Spirit Jesus promised us (the indwelling Paraclete, God in me).

14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

The Holy Spirit in us is Jesus's pledge (Security down payment) of our inheritance until (the time of) the full ransom of Jesus's acquisition of us unto the praise of His glory.

The actual greek words in verse 14 read as follows:

"[from verse 13 - our being sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise = which in verse 14] is the pledge (from the greek meaning - part of the purchase property given in advance as security for the rest) of our inheritance until the redemption of the acquisition.

Jesus paid the price for us on the cross, He sealed us as His possession by giving us the indwelling Holy Spirit, and He will give us our great inheritance when He redeems His acquisition of us

Our Salvation is truly a gift from God that no person cn earn it by their works, their good deeds.

Jesus tells us:

John 3:14 "God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

John 11:25 "Everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

2012/10/28 10:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
But what is in it for God?

Job 7:17 What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?

Psalms 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

2 Corinthians 6:16 .......for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

This is what God has gotten out of it, sons that He can walk in and dwell.

2012/10/28 10:43
stevet83

Re:

What does he get out of it?

God is in need of nothing. To the praise of the glory of His grace. He does it for His own satisfaction, not that he can get anything out of those who are unprofitable. The thinking that man completes God is farce.

2012/10/30 2:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy