SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Nigerian Christians Refuse to Cower to Boko Haram After 40 Barbaric Student Deaths

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Nigerian Christians Refuse to Cower to Boko Haram After 40 Barbaric Student Deaths

Two weeks after the barbaric murder of about 40 students at three Mubi colleges in Northern Nigeria, there are still more questions than answers. President Goodluck Jonathan's visit to relatives of the victims has failed to reveal any motive for the attacks.

What has become clear, however, is that the perpetrators singled out many Christians by name. At least one Christian female present was spared, as were Muslims who could quote Islamic verse. Muslims, who could not recite verses from the Quran were also killed.

According to Mubi church leaders, a total of at least 30 people, mostly students, were killed and at least four injured in the main attack, with many others also killed close by. ...

read more: http://www.charismanews.com/world/34364-nigerian-christians-refuse-to-cower-to-boko-haram-after-40-barbaric-student-deaths

2012/10/24 12:17Profile

Re: Nigerian Christians Refuse to Cower to Boko Haram After 40 Barbaric Student Death

"They asked me to recant my Christian faith to spare my life. I refused. After my Muslim roommate quoted some Islamic scripture, he was told to leave the room. They said they were only after these ‘infidels’ who would all die that day. Then they shot me and slashed my back. This is really a picture of the great hatred for us Christians in the region."

Let us consider Persecution on this level, and I believe that we are one Body....and One Faith....and eventually, this level of opposition is coming to us; right here in America.

God help us, and once Peaceful Nigeria, and the millions of believers there.

2012/10/24 14:12

Re:

Quote:
this level of opposition is coming to us; right here in America.

Yes it will. It's more closer than we think, and it will be swift and short lived, but the results will be devastating.

2012/10/24 14:38

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy