Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : An Apology to Mr Robert Wurtz

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

An Apology to Mr Robert Wurtz

Although I have decided not to participate in the forum discussion for the foreseeable future I believe that it is only proper and reasonable to apologies to Mr Robert Wurtz for both of my posts that clearly were written in a poor spirit. As both of these posts included direct reference to Mr Wurtz own contribution this amounted to an irresponsible attitude on my part and clearly could have had only one effect. Therefore the claim that my comments were uncharitable, immoderate, divisive and unnecessary was a reasonable response to my posts by a moderator towards whom the comments were clearly directed.

Andrew M R Kelly

2012/10/23 15:23
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: An Apology to Mr Robert Wurtz

Thank you brother for your maturity in Christ to post this, I believe that is honouring to God and I look forward to the time both you and Robert can sit down in person and have godly fellowship together.

2012/10/23 15:29Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Dear brother Andrew, I appreciate your humble apology and say unreservedly that you are truly forgiven and there is no ill feeling. Please do accept my apology as well as I could have been more careful in my responses. I extend to you my right hand of fellowship in this matter and do hope you reconsider so that we can grow to know each other the better this side of eternity. With much love in Christ, Robert

2012/10/23 15:36Profile

Re:

Praise the Lord bro Andrew. Good example of humility and maturity that we rarely see. I pray, like bro Greg, that one day both of you get to sit down with each other. Brother Robert is passionatley sold out to the Lord Jesus as I am sure that you are too bro Andrew.............bro Frank

2012/10/23 15:41

Re:

Good stuff here guys. I know I have had to humble myself and apoloize several times on this forum... and the beautiful thing is that it always brought about restoration and a deeper love and respect for the person(s) I offended.

Krispy

2012/10/23 15:50
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Andrew, I hope you will reconsider you posting on this forum. I appreciate your posts, including the one above.

God bless.

ginnyrose

2012/10/23 22:10Profile
proudpapa

Re: ginnyrose

RE: ginnyrose wrote ///Andrew, I hope you will reconsider you posting on this forum. I appreciate your posts, including the one above.

God bless.

ginnyrose///

I second That,
a little break never hurts but consider coming back in the future, I get a blessing from many of your post Andrew.

2012/10/23 22:51Profile

Re:

If I may say something about things posted in haste and then regret later.

When we post something that has to be recanted, it's not the same as speaking verbally.

Verbally it's quick, but typing it is not that quick.

We have to type it, scroll down and hit submit. During the time of typing we have the opportunity of 'cooling' down and think rationally about what we are doing.

But many don't. We continue on typing and getting nastier as we type.

On other forums years ago, If someone rubbed my fur the wrong way theologically, I would lash back and I would type type and type and type my rebuttal and at the end of it all, I would look at it and hit delete because I had the wrong spirit.

I now use a method to the way I submit these postings, I re-read my posts and I play the part of the person who will read it and I'd be my own critic. Sometimes they never make it to print.

But the point that I want to say is that while we are typing we have all the time in the world to not go through with our 'get back' attitude.

Than on the other hand, God allows us to rant so He will humble us later. And how many times have we found ourselves there?

Brother Andrew, thank you for being open with us. God Bless.

2012/10/24 7:30
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Andrew: Thank you for your post. It leaves me with a great amount of respect for you brother. May I do the same when I have wronged a brother as well. God bless you. I have appreciated reading your perspectives.

2012/10/24 9:24Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

If I may say something about things posted in haste and then regret later.

When we post something that has to be recanted, it's not the same as speaking verbally.

Verbally it's quick, but typing it is not that quick.

We have to type it, scroll down and hit submit. During the time of typing we have the opportunity of 'cooling' down and think rationally about what we are doing.

But many don't. We continue on typing and getting nastier as we type.

On other forums years ago, If someone rubbed my fur the wrong way theologically, I would lash back and I would type type and type and type my rebuttal and at the end of it all, I would look at it and hit delete because I had the wrong spirit.

I now use a method to the way I submit these postings, I re-read my posts and I play the part of the person who will read it and I'd be my own critic. Sometimes they never make it to print.

But the point that I want to say is that while we are typing we have all the time in the world to not go through with our 'get back' attitude.

Than on the other hand, God allows us to rant so He will humble us later. And how many times have we found ourselves there?

Well said.

2012/10/24 12:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy