SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : PLEASE PRAY! Woman set on fire in Winnsboro Louisiana

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

PLEASE PRAY! Woman set on fire in Winnsboro Louisiana

Please pray for a young lady named Sharmeka Moffitt who was doused with a flammable liquid and set on fire in a park in Winnsboro, LA which is only about 40 miles from where I work in Monroe, LA. Racial slurs were painted on her car. Winnsboro is a small town which doesn’t really have a racial problem. Churches there are uniting in prayer for the town and for Sharmeka. She has surgery today.

Here is one of many articles:

http://www.ksla.com/story/19889209/surgery-vigil-set-for-winnsboro-burning-victim

2012/10/23 10:21Profile

Re: PLEASE PRAY! Woman set on fire in Winnsboro Louisiana

This is tragic. I grew up in Louisiana. I will be praying for this precious young woman. Also her attackers be brought to justice. And they be brought to Jesus.

Bearmaster.

2012/10/23 11:18

Re: PLEASE PRAY! Woman set on fire in Winnsboro Louisiana

This is tragic. I grew up in Louisiana. I will be praying for this precious young woman. Also her attackers be brought to justice. And they be brought to Jesus.

Bearmaster.

2012/10/23 11:18
White_Stone

North Central Florida

It was a scam

The woman set herself on fire.

2012/10/24 22:08Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: It was a scam

When I posted this prayer request, the investigation was not complete. THANK THE LORD that a thorough investigation was done, and the plot for racial war was foiled.

I was so glad to see in our local newspaper the picture of the Chief of Police of Winnsboro (a black man) announcing the discovery. http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20121024/NEWS01/210240317/Investigators-Winnsboro-woman-s-burns-self-inflicted

This could have turned into a horrible racial war here in our area. Obviously that was the motive ... to stir up hatred between blacks and whites ... but the town of Winnsboro had prayer meetings, and many other people were praying, the the evil plot was revealed.

Sharmeka still needs our prayers. She needs to come to a saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, and depart from her wicked ways. I hope that a full confession can finally come out as to the motives. There is a movement among African-Americans to turn to Islam. I am wondering if she was trying to be a 911 type hero, willing to suffer and possibly die for the cause of divisive evil.

May God convert her, and continue to protect our country from racial riots.

2012/10/24 23:49Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, this is why we need to wait til all the facts are in before we do anything stupid.or say anything stupid.jimp

2012/10/25 0:26Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Quote:
by jimp on 2012/10/24 21:26:03

hi, this is why we need to wait til all the facts are in before we do anything stupid.or say anything stupid.jimp

I don’t believe I understand your statement in the context of this thread. Are you implying that it is “stupid” to express concern for someone and to request prayer for them? The prayer request was better understood later when more evidence revealed that the victim was her own attacker, but playing the dual role (for whatever diabolical motive), she needs a lot of prayer.

Mr. Jimp, I kindly ask that you refrain from using such words as “stupid” when discussing the actions of Christians. Many Christians consider that word a curse word.

For those who treasure and revere the words of Jesus:

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

...and consider the definitions of “Raca” and “fool”, it becomes a serious thing to use words that are similar:

G4469 ῥακάThe Complete Word Study Dictionary

rhaká; indeclinable adj. transliterated from the Aramaic rēqā’ (not found in OT). A word of contempt meaning empty, worthless, foolish. Transliterated into Eng. as "Raca" (Mat_5:22; see Jdg_9:4; 2Sa_6:20; 2Ch_13:7; Pro_12:11; Pro_28:19). Utter contempt, equivalent to the Gr. kenós (G2756), empty, vain.

G4469 ῥακά rhaka (Aramaic transliterated into Greek)
Thayer Definition:
1) empty, i.e. a senseless, empty headed man
2) a term of reproach used among the Jews in the time of Christ
Part of Speech: noun

G3474 μωρός The Complete Word Study Dictionary

mōrós; fem. mōrá, neut. mōrón, adj. Silly, stupid, foolish, from which the Eng. word "moron" is derived. Used of persons meaning morally worthless (Mat_5:22). It is a more serious reproach than raká (G4469), raca, which scorns a man by calling him stupid, whereas mōrós scorns him concerning his heart and character. Used of things (2Ti_2:23 "foolish and ignorant questionings" [a.t.]; Tit_3:9). In Mat_5:13 and Luk_14:34, it refers to salt that has lost its flavor, become tasteless (mōraínō [G3471]).

Deriv.: mōraínō (G3471), to make dull; mōría (G3472), foolishness as a personal quality; mōraínō (G3471) in the causal sense, to make foolish, in the pass. sense, to become foolish.

Syn.: áphrōn (G878), foolish, a fool; anóētos (G453), senseless, one lacking understanding; asúnetos (G801), without discernment; ásophos (G781), unwise.

Ant.: sṓphrōn (G4998), of sound mind; sunetós (G4908), sagacious, understanding; phrónimos (G5429), thoughtful, prudent; sophós (G4680), wise.

G3474 μωρός mōros
Thayer Definition:
1) foolish
2) impious, godless
Part of Speech: adjective
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: probably from the base of G3466
Citing in TDNT: 4:832, 620

2012/10/25 10:41Profile

Re:

I agree with my brother's.previous post. I took the initial report at face value. But even after the initial report was clarified. It is not wrong to express these concerns in prayer. Even if we do not have all of the facts st hand. God us looking at tbe heart and the Spirit will edit tbe prayers to go before God.

In reading profiles about tbe persecuted sometimes tbe info is sketchy or may not be accurate. But we pray trusting God to fill in tbe inaccuracies knowing he is looking at tbe intent of our heart. This is not foolish. But showing God's concern trough our prayers.

My thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2012/10/25 10:53
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Oh. My.

How horrible.

To douse yourself with a flammable substance and set your self on fire! This is demonic!

The woman must have had no clue the pain she is subjecting her body to should she survive. She will scream out in pain during recovery - burns of her kind are the epitome of horrible.

Lord have mercy! Really! Yes, she does need prayer.

When I consider the horrible pain that burns inflict upon the body, I wonder how it would be to spend eternity in hell with that kind of pain?! It just about makes me go crazy emotionally when I think about it! And people choose to do go there! weep, weep, weep....

2012/10/25 11:20Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i am sorry you took umbrage at my warning to avoid doing something stupid or sinful or saying something sinful or inapropriate.jimp

2012/10/25 11:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy