SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Abortion is 27 Percent of Deaths in England, Wales: 189,000 Babies Terminated in 2010

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Abortion is 27 Percent of Deaths in England, Wales: 189,000 Babies Terminated in 2010

There are disturbing reports coming from England and Wales as national statistics show that more than a quarter of all deaths in the countries are caused by abortions.

The numbers were released by the Office for National Statistics of the U.K. and offers a complete accounting of the mortality statistics for all deaths that occurred in 2010.

The report was divided into two parts; major causes of death and death from external causes. The report listed the total number of deaths and the resulting cause or factor.

The report listed a total of 493,242 deaths in England and Wales from "all causes" in 2010. This number includes 224 babies who died "before, during or after birth." However, the 224 babies who died were not represented in the 189,574 human deaths from abortion in England and Wales in 2010.

Read more: http://global.christianpost.com/news/abortion-is-27-percent-of-deaths-in-england-wales-189000-babies-terminated-in-2010-83726/

2012/10/22 12:19Profile
PQ

Europe

Re: Abortion is 27 Percent of Deaths in England, Wales: 189,000 Babies Terminated in

While they abort their babies, their neighbours from others countries are having 4 to 5 children. I sometimes wonder what the population will look like few years from now.

Yet Glory to GOD.

Revelation 7:9 - After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Revelation 7:10 - And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

2012/10/22 16:16Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Abortion is 27 Percent of Deaths in England, Wales: 189,000 Babies Terminated in

I sometimes sit and hold my eight month old grandson, or play with him on the floor, and weep with joy and thanksgiving to God for this precious little gift that has been given to our family. I pray that he grow up to be a man who seeks after God and who God might use mightily.

It is unimaginable to me that one would have so little natural affection for their child. And yet, Paul tells us in 2 Timothy 3 that this will happen in increasing measure as the end nears.

But 27%??? Wow! That is a staggering statistic.

2012/10/22 16:35Profile
richrock

UK

Re:

Just to update this -

"Abortions are down to 196,082 carried out in 2011"
"484,367 deaths registered in England and Wales in 2011"
(Source UK Office for National Statistics)

However, upon closer reading I noticed that they're not adding abortions as deaths to the UK death toll...

So the total for 2011 was 28.8% - despite claims that both deaths and abortions are down...

What saddens me, along with the sheer numbers above, is the complete ignorance of the deaths of all these babies (for that is what they are) into the general statistics of UK deaths. If these were truly represented, then there would be a massive outcry.

2012/10/23 11:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I did a google search on how many pregnancies end in abortion. The stats are frightening, to say the least. I suggest you do your own search but here is a link that are informative. I must warn you that the Allen Guttmacher Institute is a supporter of abortion so be warned. But the stats they give are a good guideline to consider when talking to AB minded people because this info comes from their own backyard. Some pro-lifers will put the AB rate higher but we warned that using the higher number may not be sustained. To be credible you must use stats that can be...In any case, the numbers are still frightening. What makes this worse is that the number among religious people is not much less, if anything.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html

Abortion has not solved any social ills at all - it has merely complicated them. Child abuse, divorces are at an all time high, making sermons that encourage self-esteem far more desirable (because of Post abortion syndrome - PAS) then repentance....never ending dilemma.

The problem is not that people are killing babies - this is merely an indication of a serious heart problem. The problem is that there is no repentance of sin. Religious people abort because they may be too embarrassed to admit they were sinning, as in fornication. They fear the ostracism if they were to have a baby out of wedlock so they abort. Logic says that the church should be more forgiving so many have resorted to this philosophy with the end result that more singles are engaging in immorality because the stigma of having a baby has been lost in easy forgiveness.

You see, unless there is a total repentance of sin, the problems will mushroom and soon you are in a mess well and way above h your head. A Spirit filled Christian will flee sin, and abstain from all appearance of evil. Then the abortion issue will become a non-issue in the church.

A people characterized by holiness will not have to deal with this issue on the personal level. If a person repents we are called to forgive and will do so gladly. This then means there will be a forsaking of sin in mind and life.

I am very passionate about this issue because I have worked in a pro-life ministry many years and have seen the causes, effects of sin in the lives of my clients. Sin destroys. Every-time. And it effects others - society is called to bear the burden of this sin by taxes that finance social programs that support this sin and lightens the burdens it imposes upon the victims.

2012/10/23 12:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy