SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Satan's lie about inward prayer....Ancient Deception.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Satan's lie about inward prayer....Ancient Deception.

I wanted to talk again about lying prayer, and true prayer, and what the difference is, and the dangers of contemplative prayer; what it really is, and how it is divorced from anything holy.

I believe that CP is the motor that charges Babylon itself...and though the Roman Catholics have carried the torch in the West....Contemplative prayer has been paramount for thousands of years before the RCC; before the cross of Christ.

It, in practice, is an "inward gazing", a "stillness" to capture the void, a nothingness that enables one to discover, as Madame Guyon confessed......"The God who was always there....within me."

Her concept of being born again, was discovering him within her nature....and the process was "emptying herself"... as were all the mystics, along with her counterparts, the Gurus and holy men of Hindi-India.

At 19 she met a priest who told her: “It is, madame, because you seek without what you have within."

"Accustom yourself to seek God in your heart, and you will there find Him.”

Guyon wrote of no conversion, only a presupposition that Christ was always in her heart.

"Thus she started her incredible lifelong journey within. She responded to the Lord,

“Thou wast in my heart, and demanded only a simple turning of my mind inward, to make me perceive Thy presence. ... The kingdom of God is within you.”

There were, and are a plethora; a great number of these mystics, as there are today...in a variety of religions. Madame Guyon is just one of the more famous ones.

And so Contemplative prayer resonates the same drum beat with each and every mystic...and as the RCC championed her in the West, Buddhism and Hinduism, Sufi-ism and various Pagan cults Laud her in the EAST....Especially the Hindi Gurus...and the Tibetan Buddhists of today.

It's practices are identical, involving guided imagery, and the focus on a sound, or ritualistic chant,and bead repetitions. Off to an inward journey you go, seeking enlightenment. The end, is a demonic bondage to the lie...and a searing of the soul.

One of the more famous modern movements today, the IHOP clans, who practice these ancient methods; naming them as Christian..[ they are not, nor have never been..] is the prayer movement...with IHOP being the largest "Protestant" one.

There are many non-christian and RCC Cloisters where one can learn and practice these Babylonian methods...and call it with other nomenclature.

As Christians, we pray to a God seated Above, outwardly, through a Savior God, the Son, seated there at His Right hand....not to our fallen natures within our corrupt heart.

This lie has led millions and millions astray, and sets people below the seat of Satan rather than at the throne of God, and must be avoided, while we as true born-again Believers must learn how to intercede and touch the face of God.

2012/10/22 8:43
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Satan's lie about inward prayer....Ancient Deception.

QUOTE: "Off to an inward journey you go, "==BROTHERTOM

LOL...

QUOTE: "One of the more famous modern movements today, the IHOP clans,..."==BROTHERTOM

I wish someone would explain to me what this is suppose to stand fer cuz the only thing IHOP means to me is the International House of Pancakes. So this makes me drool, cuz i only got to eat their luscious pumpkin pancakes once before they went out of business here... ;P

2012/10/22 9:45Profile

Re: IHOP

Quote:
I wish someone would explain to me what this is suppose to stand fer trekker.

International House of Prayer

The methodology employed by the IHOP for encouraging people to pray amounts to a demonic invitation. Its complete madness and foolishness.

2012/10/22 9:54
proudpapa

Hi Brother tom,

What is your feelings about George Fox??

2012/10/22 10:26Profile

Quote:
Madame Guyon said: "Accustom yourself to seek God in your heart, and you will there find Him.”

Jesus said, Luke 17:20 The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Notice how it doesn't say, "It shall be in you". It says, "is within you". And He wasn't even saying this to His disciples, He was saying to it to a bunch of stiff necked sect.

Did you know that the Magi were mystics? And they sought signs from the stars being Astrologers and followers of Zoroaster. The Magi were what the book of Daniel calls, Magicians. Yet, here God is showing them a star (Increasing their belief in looking to the stars, talk about adding to their deception eh?) since they had an ability to read the stars, and manipulate the fate that the stars foretold, (we can see why kings favoured them).

How does one pray in the Spirit if not by inner contemplation?

Quote:
[When we think of the word inner contemplation we think about] Buddhist contemplation, or Zen contemplation. Well, we're only dealing with Christic contemplation here, which is nothing less than a deep love communion with the triune God. "By depth here we mean a knowing loving that we cannot produce but only receive. It is not merely a mentally expressed "I love You". It is a wordless awareness and love that we ourselves cannot initiate or prolong. The beginnings of this contemplation are brief and frequently interrupted by distractions. The reality is so unimposing that one who lacks instruction can fail to appreciate what exactly is taking place. Initially infused prayer is so ordinary and unspectacular in the early stages that many fail to recognize it for what it is. Yet with generous people, that is, with those who try to live the whole Gospel wholeheartedly and who engaged in an earnest prayer life, it is common."

If this is what inner contemplation is in the Christian life, I welcome it!

2012/10/22 10:43
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

I am wondering if I should start a thread about Martin Luther and how he believed in baptising babies and persecuting the Anabaptists? Shall I warn them from following Martin Luther himself? Because after all his doctrine surely makes him a heretic, though he freed many from their bondages. or rather instead press them onto to knowing Jesus who is Himself able to set all the captives free?

I am not sure if either that thread or this one would be for the use of my fellow brothers and sisters....

I hope the moderators lock this thread..

2012/10/22 13:45Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I think that it would be helpful to have a clear teaching that explains just what prayer is.

I have read books, messages and listened to sermons on the subject of "prayer" -- but few actually touched upon what it truly means to pray.

Leonard Ravenhill has some messages on prayer here on SermonIndex that I think are very good.

However, I still think that it would be good to have a strong teaching on prayer. This way, people won't fall for deception or misconstrue the meaning/purpose of prayer.

One thing:

The day after I gave my life to the Lord, I decided to pray. Then, I realized that I had never truly prayed before...even though I had said "prayers" or uttered "words" to God prior to giving myself to Him.

The realization that I didn't know how to pray was overwhelming.

I laid upon my bed and placed a pillow over my face. In desperate tears, I proceeded to pour out all of my thoughts, concerns and desires to the Lord. I cried out to God with my longing to know Him. I told Him my fears -- that I didn't know how to "pray." I told Him that I didn't want anything to come between us...and how I so longed to know Him and spend time with Him.

The Lord encouraged me that day. It wasn't an audible voice, but I was startled to hear the Lord tell me to simply talk to Him...and to speak with Him as I would speak to a friend. I was overwhelmed by the knowledge that God is omniscient -- that He knows everything...including my anxiety at not knowing how to speak with Him in prayer.

I remember that I spent hours that day just laying in His presence and speaking to Him...but that the time seemed to pass by so quickly. I felt as though I was reaching out to God with a short arm...but that God was reaching back to me and embracing and comforting me.

There aren't any words to describe the comfort, encouragement and wisdom that comes from spending time alone with God. Years later, it is even now the highlight of my day. I cannot wait to get home, get alone with God and pour out my life to Him (and fellowship with Him) as I did on that day after I met Him.

I have spoken with many people who don't seem to understand this sort of experience in prayer. It puzzles me greatly because it is the most important part of my daily life. It isn't just saying words -- although there have been times that I sadly struggled with myself in just mimicking words (and learning to "pray until I pray").

I think that there is as much of a difference between saying prayerful words and truly praying as there is a difference between singing a hymn and truly worshiping God. It is like getting past the curtain of this life and into the Most Holy Place within the Holy of Holies.

Anyway, perhaps BrotherTom (or someone else) would like to start a thread about the meaning of prayer. I think that it is desperately needed in this day and hour.

2012/10/22 14:16Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Very good thoughts and very edifying Chris.
THANK YOU!

I would truly and sincerely love to hear what brotherthom also has to say about prayer...So then I can be edified rather than turned away...

In hope
Michelle

2012/10/22 14:37Profile

The idea is touching God...and it is never inside of us. He lives on a Throne.

"I think that there is as much of a difference between saying prayerful words and truly praying as there is a difference between singing a hymn and truly worshiping God. It is like getting past the curtain of this life and into the Most Holy Place within the Holy of Holies.

Anyway, perhaps BrotherTom (or someone else) would like to start a thread about the meaning of prayer. I think that it is desperately needed in this day and hour."..Chris. ***************************************

"I would truly and sincerely love to hear what brotherthom also has to say about prayer...So then I can be edified rather than turned away...

In hope
Michelle***************************************

I think that you Chris, touched the heart of the matter; and the non-religious reality that every Christian who ever was who has learned to pray, has realized. Prayer is common Union with a Creator who is there.

One day I broke through, and learned, just like you Chris, and began to pour my heart out before the Lord. I began a secret Worship life...where worship and intercession and pouring out my soul before the Lord, melded into Spirit and Truth, and realizing that Jesus of Nazareth is ALIVE....and lives a God the Son to intercede as a Mediator to my God who lives on His Throne.

I have been born again from above, and experienced a mighty baptism from above too, and it is this Spirit that has led me into prayer, and a degree of revelation where I hear his voice....and respond...and fail, and respond, and in the middle of it all...I live life...and respond.

Prayer is a path of Union with the will of God and His voice and will, and it is extremely personal and private for me......and it never has nor ever will be something I found within me; but something given to me after I was born again the second time, and always stretches out to see Jesus risen above....and it is He alone who mediates, directs, and deserves my worship and focus alone to worship.

Chris and Star of God.....why don't one of you start a thread. Thanks Chris for your post; very edifying as deep rang to deep for me too.....Tom.

2012/10/22 15:03
StarofG0D

United States

Re: The idea is touching God...and it is never inside of us. He lives on a Throne.

Just some more sincere questions for you brothertom...

For you what does it mean to be born again??

When Jesus dies and rose again He says it is for the comforter to come. What does that mean?\

When the disciples received the Holy Spirit, what was that? Was this inwardly or outwardly?

I am just wondering your thoughts on these things...

Thanks.

2012/10/22 15:11Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy