Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Demons exorcised live on TV

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Demons exorcised live on TV

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

A man who claims he was possessed by demons was "delivered" in a televised exorcism broadcast live on British television, yesterday.

The subject, a man in his 40s identified only as Colin, was monitored by neuro-imaging technology that showed the audience what was occurring in his brain while Rev. Trevor Newport, a Pentecostal minister, prayed for him.

The UK's Channel 4, which carried the program, has earned a reputation for provocative broadcasting of medical procedures, having shown an abortion in 2004 and an autopsy two years prior.

The procedure was observed by 20 religious and scientific observers that included clerics from the Church of England and local mosques, psychologists, neuroscientists and psychiatrists.

Dr. Jonathan Bird, a neuro-psychiatrist from the Frenchay Hospital in Bristol, said he observed "very little activity in the parietal region of the brain" on the attached electroencephalograph. "We also saw some asymmetry in the temporal lobe," Bird added. "Whether that is a brain process or a spiritual process, I leave to the experts."

2005/2/26 20:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Demons exorcised live on TV

Quote:
"Whether that is a brain process or a spiritual process, I leave to the experts."

Good idea!
Good grief....

2005/2/26 20:42Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Good grief....

I am just amazed how far the devil can go with the TV even flaunting his control over humans by demonic power. It will not be long before there are people on the TV saying that they are the antichrist or spirit of the antichrist. I am getting very scared to even turn on a TV these days..

2005/2/26 20:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Just set it to the history channel and break the knob off ;-)

2005/2/26 21:15Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

HAHA Yeah when I watch TV I ussally watch 1 of 3 channels, Weather, History, or Fox news or something similar.

2005/2/26 21:49Profile

Praise God

Quote:
I am getting very scared to even turn on a TV these days..

that aint fear, thats Holy Ghost conviction. Thank God He has made you for separation.

Pray for me, I will continue to pray for you.

2005/2/27 1:45

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy