SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Billy Graham’s Website Removes ‘Mormonism’ From Cult List

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bennyd20

Billy Graham’s Website Removes ‘Mormonism’ From Cult List

The prominent Christian evangelist Billy Graham has taken public steps to embrace Mitt Romney for president this week, removing Romney’s Mormon religion from a list of cults on his website and taking out an advertisement that appears to urge people to vote for Romney.
Graham’s Evangelistic Association removed the word Mormon from its website, where it used to be listed along with Jehovah’s Witnesses and Scientology as a cult.
The move comes just a week after Romney visited Graham at his home in North Carolina.
“Our primary focus at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has always been promoting the Gospel of Jesus Christ,” Ken Barun, chief of staff for the association, wrote in a statement. “We removed the information from the website because we do not wish to participate in a theological debate about something that has become politicized during this campaign.”
Graham’s organization also took out an ad in the Wall Street Journal today, in which a letter from Graham asks people to vote for socially-conservative candidates.
“As I approach my 94th birthday, I realize this election may be my last,” Graham says in the ad. “I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel. I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman.”
The ad does not specificly endorse Romney, but Romney opposes abortion in most cases and is opposed to same sex marriages.
Graham has never endorsed a presidential candidate.

--------------------
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/billy-grahams-website-removes-mormonism-from-cult-list/

2012/10/18 16:28Profile

Re: Billy Graham’s Website Removes ‘Mormonism’ From Cult List

I think tbe srticle speaks for itself.

Bearmaster.
-

2012/10/18 16:49

Re:

Though I respect Billy Graham and realize God has used him.to advance tbe gospel in tbe 20th century. And used him in a mighty way. I take issue with his endorsement of Romney and the Billy Graham Association for removing Mormonism as a cult from its website. Tragically this is a compromise of tbe gospel they purport to preach. Also tbe BGA is sending tbe message that Mormons are regarded as brothers and sisters. This is not right. This is a rejection ofthe gospel of Jesus Christ. There can be no compromise of tbe death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The scriptures set forth Jesus as being the only way to tbe Father. The scriptures set forth Christ as the only way to salvation. Tragically one of God's choicest servants and his organization are implying otherwise. There has been a compromise and a rejection of tbe gospel of Jesus Christ. And that for the same of political expediency. That for the sake of morality.

Some are saying and quite loudly tbe election is about morality, values, etc. I say it is about believers who need to shout from the roof tops it is about Christ and him crucified. In all if tbe political rhetoric that is being sounded the cross of Christ is being trampled under.

I say without reservation. Mormonism is Satanic. It was built on a Satanic angelic vision. Their Jesus is a Satanic Jesus. Mormonism has ties to the Masonic lodge. People in Mormonism are deceived. They are not Christian. They need to be saved by tbe person and work of Jesus Christ. The gospel points us to a narrow way. That way is Jesus Christ. Not Joseph Smith or Brigham Young or Glen Beck or Mit Romney. Only Jesus Christ and him alone is their salvation.

Mormonism is not only a cult. It is Satanic, demonic, and evil. It is just as dangerous if not more so than Islam. It is disheartening that the Billy Graham association does not recognize this. . But then I fear as many in tbe evangelical church have slipped into the deception of this age.

Posted by Bearmaster.

2012/10/18 19:57
jimp

Re:

hi, wow!i do fear that mormon missionary for he might have an atomic weapon attached to his bicycle and might blow us up.there have been reports of the lawlessness around the world of this horrible people.just 5 years ago a mormon child picked up a piece of candy in hawaii without paying for it.how stupid can we get.the mormons are no different than anyone else. they need Jesus and i would trust that they are closer to Jesus then the guy who just beat his wife and picked up his automatic weapon to go kill someone not of his faith.someone who whoul shoot a young girl for wanting an education.someone who would attack the usa in new york and dc killing too many people. someone who will go into a restaurant in israel and blow themselves up so they can receive the promise of an orgee in heaven.enough.jimp

2012/10/18 21:03Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote I take issue with his endorsement of Romney and the Billy Graham Association for removing Mormonism as a cult from its website.

Taken from the news article Quote: The ad does not specifically endorse Romney, but Romney opposes abortion in most cases and is opposed to same sex marriages.

Taken from the news article Quote: Graham has never endorsed a presidential candidate.

I don't believe this article that Mormonism has been removed as a cult . Why because I have been to BG website and looked. It does mention cults but it’s more about question and answers.

http://www.billygraham.org/spiritualgrowth_topics.asp?tid=63

If you read some of questions and answers he nails it on how you identify a cult.

Quote from BG Q and A "Although cults differ, they share several characteristics. For example, cults often do not accept the Bible alone as God's Word, and may even say that other books (usually written by the group's founder) are also God's Word and of more value.

Me thinks this news article is mis-information...to dis-credit Billy Graham.

2012/10/18 21:07Profile

Re:

I went on the BGEA website and no cults were listed. In reading some other articles tbe BGEA said they removed an srticle from their website that listed Mormonism along with Jehova Witnesses, Unification Church, and Scientology as cults. The reason being BGEA said it did not want to engage in theological debates but preach the gospel. Interesting this was done after Graham met with Romney and gave him support for President.

The fact the article was removed and Graham met with Romney seems to imply an endorsement of Mormonism. Or at least a silence on Mormonism being a cult.

Also how can you not preach tbe gospel and not be involved  in a theological debate. If one preaches that Jesus is the only way to salvation then one will be brought into conflict with the cults.

I can't help but think this is one prominent ministry that gas succumbed to the deception of this age. But Jesus did warn that many eill fall away from the faith in the end times. I think it is happening before our eyes.

Bearmaster.

2012/10/18 22:56
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Before anyone starts making assumptions about Billy Graham or motives, it might help to actually CONTACT them for clarity's sake.

That is only IF you want to make certain that your suspicions (or the suspicions of this reporter) are correct.

http://www.billygraham.org/contact.asp

2012/10/18 23:18Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Thanks Chris. I will contact them and report back. Blessings!

2012/10/19 0:21Profile

Re: Billy Graham’s Website Removes ‘Mormonism’ From Cult List

Ian Paisley was onto Billy Graham as early as March 1969, in this message of his, entitled "Fundamentalism versus Apostasy"

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=6863

2012/10/19 5:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy