SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Forgiving each other

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Compton

Forgiving each other

Should my brothers or sisters, who are my keepsakes in God, and the objects of His joy, fall into trouble, let me comfort Jesus who is surely and tearfully interceding for them.

Bonhoeffer describes this heart better then I can....

"A Christian fellowship lives and exists by the intercession of its members for one another, or it collapses. I can no longer condemn or hate a brother for whom I pray, no matter how much trouble he causes me. His face, that hitherto may have been strange and intolerable to me, is transformed in intercession into the countenance of a brother for whom Christ died, the face of a forgiven sinner......Intercession means no more than to bring our brother into the presence of God, to see him under the cross of Jesus as a poor human being and sinner in need of grace....His need and his sin become so heavy and oppressive that we feel them as our own, and we can do nothing else but pray: Lord, do Thou, Thou alone, deal with him according to Thy severity and Thy goodness."

2005/2/26 5:30Profile

Re: Forgiving each other

Thank you dear saint, for your post.

Jesus said that by the "same measure we use to judge others, we will be judged". So the question is, how long is your measure? Hmmm????
This can come very close to home. My wife and I have been married 23 years. It has been a rocky road to say the least. Without going into all the details, I wonder and others wonder why and how we stay together. I can tell you in a word...mercy. See, God has been extremely merciful to me; infinitely patient as well. So when I get out of joint with my wife and take it to God, He reminds me that He did not choose her, I did. Second, He asks, "what you say she has done to you, have you ever done that to me, Lahry"? Oh God, don't ask that! You know I have. "How often did I forgive you, Lahry". Every time, Lord, every time, and without hesitation. "How many times, Lahry, did I forgive you"? Too many to remember Lord. You never set a limit on how many times, Lord. "Is there a limit to how many times you can forgive your wife and show mercy to her that she may not deserve"? No, Lord. I forgive her, Lord. Thank You for forgiving me and for being so merciful to me. Help me to have and give like mercy to all, dear Lord.
Saints, the day we run out of mercy and forgiveness for others is the day we run out of mercy and forgiveness from God. For it is a sound doctrine of the bible that if we expect forgiveness, we must forgive. God does not hesitate to forgive us and be merciful to us, because of the blood of Jesus. We therefore have no right to do any less to our spouses, children and brethren in Christ. There is no "Christlike example" without forgiveness and mercy in our heart. We don't have anything to share with others unless we have mercy and forgiveness as a hallmark of Whose we are. Believe it, or not. It's not a matter of choice, it's a matter of life, everlasting life. Forgive us ours sins, as we forgive others. Do you need mercy and forgiveness from God? Now you know what to do. But wait, there's more. Expect that opportunities to forgive others will begin right away. Learn to rejoice in them. Be generous in your forgiving. God will lavish mercy and forgiveness on you...and me. Thanks be to God. Amen and amen.

As a footnote, my wife and I are finally getting in one accord. We are planning a mission trip to India later this year, with our heart on long term service. It's taken a long time to get here, and yes we missed much opportunity with our quarreling along the way. But it's not over yet. No, not yet. So we hope to give God some years, should He so graciously let us live them, totally in His service and in servitude to the lost. India is such a wonderful oppotunity to do just that. God gave Hezikiah 15 more years. I've asked Him for at least that much for us, and for our good health as well, both spiritually and physically. Kindly hold us in your prayers, as we have many valleys and bridges yet to cross. But we both certain that we are on the way. So each valley and bridge are one step closer to our goal.

2005/2/26 10:21
rocklife

usa

Re:Lahry

Lahry, thank you for sharing such personal and heart felt workings of our Lord Jesus Christ in your life. God is working in such a way in my own family life, living without quarrels and sins, how can such a thing be possible in this corrupt generation? I know my hope in heaven is great, as the suffering and consequences of sin spurs us to know the One without sin.

God can use all things, and He surely tests those He wants to use for His service. My own struggle (suffering with incredible Hope I am thankful for) is being married to a registered sex offender criminal (I am a sinner too, but have put my faith in Jesus' forgiveness and seek to love God wholeheartedly now, I hope the one I am married to will also come to know and love our Creator). We all have our tests, but our suffering and trials are for good.

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perserverance; perserverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Ro 5:1-5

(please forgive this post being a little off topic, just wanted to share with Lahry)

2005/2/26 13:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy