SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : A divided country

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

RDG, not to be argumenative, but I think you have confused the definition of "stumble". Stumble means to cause someone to sin, it does not mean to offend someone in the sense that you say or do something that might hurt their feelings.

If that was the case then Jesus caused the Pharisees to stumble. Scripture calls the cross an "offense".

If I thought saying "chill out" (which means "calm down") caused you to sin I would apologize to you in a heart beat because I would NEVER want to cause you to sin.

Instead, you got your feelings hurt. That was certainly not my intention, but if I had to apologize for everything I ever said that hurt someones feelings or upset them... I would stop talking every single day after I say "good morning" to my wife.

I did not mean it the way you took it... but I cant control how you take it. You see and receive things thru your own filters, whatever they may be. I stopped trying to control how people recieve what I say a long time ago.

Krispy

2012/10/16 10:24
rainydaygirl

Re:

by KrispyKrittr on 2012/10/16 7:24:31

RDG, not to be argumenative, but I think you have confused the definition of "stumble". Stumble means to cause someone to sin, it does not mean to offend someone in the sense that you say or do something that might hurt their feelings.

If that was the case then Jesus caused the Pharisees to stumble. Scripture calls the cross an "offense".

If I thought saying "chill out" (which means "calm down") caused you to sin I would apologize to you in a heart beat because I would NEVER want to cause you to sin.

Instead, you got your feelings hurt. That was certainly not my intention, but if I had to apologize for everything I ever said that hurt someones feelings or upset them... I would stop talking every single day after I say "good morning" to my wife.

I did not mean it the way you took it... but I cant control how you take it. You see and receive things thru your own filters, whatever they may be. I stopped trying to control how people recieve what I say a long time ago.

Krispy

---

ok krispy. i'm not a very mature christian so i will receive what you being an older more mature christian have said here with me and leave this thread.

rdg

2012/10/16 12:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
ok krispy. i'm not a very mature christian so i will receive what you being an older more mature christian have said here with me and leave this thread.

My goodness... really? This is what this forum has turned into?

Krispy

2012/10/16 12:43
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Krispy wrote:
"We are such narrow-minded (a nice way of saying ignorant) people. We want so badly to judge each other, and this forum... frankly... is a breeding ground for judgementalism. Most everyone who comes here considers themselves to be slightly more spiritual than the average Christian, and thats a bad place to start from. It can only go down hill from there. And from those ivory towers upon which we place ourselves we can only look down on everyone else."

"The majority of people here, altho' they will never admit it, think they are speaking the very oracles of God... and so they speak harshly and judgmentally to and about those who may not agree with their every whim. You don't agree with me? Well then you're not a Christian... or as spiritual... or as mature. I see that on a daily basis here."

Steve, is this not what you are doing on this thread?

Please...

Sandra

2012/10/16 13:07Profile

Re:

Nope.

Krispy

2012/10/16 13:37
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Krispy I believe you make a valid point(s). Here we are at another Quadrennial and though I have followed SI for a time span that covers only one election, I am almost certain that every 4 year about this time, this subject returns. The great dilemma for those born into the Kingdom that is Christ's and subject to His sole leadership. But what of the other kingdom? To what extent is our participation?

In each election inevitably and repeatedly one hears, "who is the lesser of two evils?" If I can only sift through that, I have found my candidate! What will happen dear Saint, when there is no distinction between Caesars? When the hot topics that separate and distinguish candidates see no separation? What minor issues will we be left with that will provide us the dis similarities to legitimize our vote?

As I have let myself watch these repetitive volleys, my conscience has forewarned me what becomes of it. I do believe that the true believer will enter the arena, and must enter the arena, but I do not believe that this is the arena. I watched knowing the power of its draw, and once in, I had to ask myself, "was it for security, curiosity, or entertainment sake?" I did not like the answer and whether one or all three, I felt just as guilty.

What great patience the Lord bears on my behalf. SI is worldwide no doubt, how many elections will our dear brothers and sisters outside the U.S. drag us through? What precious time is waisted as I get drawn into areas where I don't belong. The testaments old and new, are filled with political world leaders brought into office according to God's will. Shall we examine the list of those whom He raised to accomplish His will.

If a citizen speaks by his vote, how in the Kingdom of true citizenship do I speak? I must remind myself daily.

2012/10/19 11:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

We are really trying to minimize and ask that political posts and discussions do not happen on this forum website. We exhort everyone to pray for leadership in the country and to focus on the kingdom of God more than the kingdoms of this world.

also it would be helpful for some who have not read the community rules to do so: SermonIndex Community Guiding Principles: http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

thank you dear brothers and sisters.

this thread is locked.

2012/10/19 11:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy