Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Judgement vs Mercy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
staff

Judgement vs Mercy

Hi All,
I have struggled to get across my understanding and what i wanted to say about Judgement coming to the west,Carter Conlon has not however.
Here is a link to "I know what your calling is"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEPz393V_b8

He has themes that shows the difference between "Judgement and Mercy" and "standing in the gap".
Carter Conlon's position on the western church is at odds with Sermonindex and I think he is correct,have a listen and see what you think,
Yours Staff

2012/10/15 14:02Profile

Re: Judgement vs Mercy

Quote:
Hi All, I have struggled to get across my understanding and what I wanted to say about Judgment coming to the west, Carter Conlon has not however.
Here is a link to "I know what your calling is"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEPz393V_b8

He has themes that shows the difference between "Judgment and Mercy" and "standing in the gap".
Carter Conlon's position on the western church is at odds with SermonIndex and I think he is correct, have a listen and see what you think,
Yours Staff

Hi Staff

I couldn’t help but notice this post of yours and so I went off and listened to the YouTube video you mentioned.

What strikes me about the message by Carter Conlon is that he is confusing Israel with other nations. When God deals with Israel He deals with Israel according to Israel and not according to another nation. In seeking to find even one person to stand as a hedge to serve God’s purposes in showing mercy to Israel, God still judges Israel according to Israel. As the Law was given to Israel long before it became a nation in the land everything that Israel undertook in the land came under the overarching requirement of God according to Law. This included business transactions as well as religious duties.

In speaking about nations, whether in the east or the west God deals with them according to their individual activities and not according to His Law. No doubt some nations have been exceptional in their season in that they have openly determined to live according to God’s Laws and for that reason and the Gospel of Grace, these nations have know times of blessing which have surpassed other nations. Two obvious examples of this are the USA and Britain. Yet despite this blessing one cannot assert that a nation is anything other than a nation. No nation is Israel except Israel.

Mr Conlon says that the ministry of the church is to stand in the gap, or to be the hedge that will withhold the hand of God. This and his failure to see that God does not reckon Israel as “amongst” the nations; nor that the nations are not as Israel, leads him to believe that the purpose of the church is some how collectively equal to the “one man” who God looked for in Israel in the time of Ezekiel. Surly the problem with any nation is firmly fixed in that nation. God does not judge a nation “unrighteous” according to the Law; He judges a nation according to its activity without the Law. God always judges righteously so He will judge according to the deeds of the nation. Individuals who have rejected the Gospel of Grace are judged no less the same way. The church however is judged according to Christ Himself. This is true of all churches and may be evident in one or all nations at any moment in time.

Standing in the gap for the church in a nation, or the nation itself must be a matter of God’s leading. Who is able to go before God and ask Him to stay His hand, when He has said “I will judge”, except the one He has raised up for that purpose? If such a one is raised up no doubt God will stay His hand. But to say that the ministry of the church is to be that “man” is wrong. The church is to be light and salt to the world. If the church looses its light and salt how will there be any restraint on wickedness of nations and men, or how will they believe or how will they see? I personally don’t comprehend the real focus being on a nation, I see it as being on the church in that nation. Persecution does not produce revival of the saints; revival of the saints produces persecution. Revival with a few will through persecution become revival with the many. We should not confuse a nation with the church in that nation no matter what that nation vainly imagines of itself.

2012/10/15 15:17
staff

Re:

Hi Armkelly,
Their is a universal truth about Judgement and Mercy that Carter Conlon brings out with the parable that Jesus gives regarding the good Samaritian which is certainly true for the present day.It shows Judgement and Mercy clearly.
Intercession (standing in the gap)is for today that is universal truth as well.This doesnt have to be just one person, it could be many people.
What I find amazing is this longing(although they say it is not so)that God should strike America-West for its wickedness while forgetting that we were once the wicked and we didnt know the love,grace and Mercy of Jesus.
Jesus said that he hasnt come to Judge but if he Judged that Judgement would be correct.
God is the same today yesterday and tomorrow and we know the heart and mind of God by looking at how God dealt with Israel in the past.The examples given of Moses,Jonah and of the Good Samaritian are equally relevant for today as yesterday.
Judgement to the west has to come but the longing for Judgement is not the attitude God is looking for.Even when God is about to pour out his Judgement we should be wanting God to be Merciful.Sadly that is missing on Sermonindex at the moment
------------------------------------------------------------
quote_:
Persecution does not produce revival of the saints; revival of the saints produces persecution.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes but where does revival come from?When revival comes the cry goes up "Mercy Mercy Mercy". Persecution comes next.
So we don't have to worry about persecution until after revival.We know that revival hasnt come yet because we havent heard the cry for Mercy!
Yours Staff

2012/10/15 17:26Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

All i can say is that i know there are those who feel the Lord pressing on their hearts that persecution is coming and the more i read of the news and world events i tend to agree with them. i don't know what things will look like but even i have felt the Lord leading me to share with others and to pray. time is short everything around us can change in a blink of and eye.

(staff quote)What I find amazing is this longing(although they say it is not so)that God should strike America-West for its wickedness while forgetting that we were once the wicked and we didnt know the love,grace and Mercy of Jesus.
--

i don't know who you are talking about with this comment, i do not know anyone here at SI who has shared their hearts about coming persecution that is "longing" for it. everyone here is sharing about preparing our hearts and praying and seeking God.

rdg

2012/10/15 19:00Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, judgement was poured out on Jesus at the cross for the sin of the world.is.53... mercy is something that is new every morning with God. He is a God of mercy, who has already stated that he came not to condemn(judge)krino the world but to save it. we are under a new and better covenant that was cut for God and man by Jesus and He is our advocate(attorney)in heaven forever making intercession for us. He knows our flesh and our minds and that we are weak in both areas ;yet quite haughty.we rest in His mercy for we have little to nothing to offer.jimp

2012/10/15 21:20Profile
staff

Re:

hi all,i know that we have busy days but if you get a chance listen to carter conlon and compare it to what you believe about judgement,staff

2012/10/16 6:12Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy