SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Moving away from worldly church to Anabaptist congregation...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re: more slander

Hi murrcolr

murrcolr wrote ///Let me say first of all I see a trend; the church is embracing mysticism’s contemplative prayer as a means to get with God. It first came to my attention through Todd Bentley and fresh fire ministry; they however named this type of prayer “prayer soaking” or “centering prayer” after some more investigating it seems that all the groups from the Toronto blessing have begun practicing “prayer soaking”. You’ll find that Ihop and all their affiliates practice and promote mysticism’s contemplative prayer “prayer soaking”. It is making great in roads into the mainstream church.. Why? The Glory of the Lord has departed and something else fills the void.

This strong deception sweeping the church is “mysticism and contemplative prayer” and if you’ll listen carefully you’ll find sprinkled through Paul Washers sermons the promotion of the very same thing. He calls them by different names like this sacred silence, silence and meditation and Practice the Presence.

So although Paul Washer is appealing because of his stance against lukewarm Christians and his push for personal holiness, we must be careful and listen and you’ll find at the end of the day the source of that personnel holiness he promotes is found to be the very same source that Todd Bentley and the groups from the Toronto blessing promote and practices to meet with God.///

the very thing that you slander Paul Washer for is the very thing that makes me respect him, It is what seperates him from just another academic Warfield.

You claim that His mysticism and contemplative prayer as you call it and personnel holiness he promotes is found to be the very same source that Todd Bentley and the groups from the Toronto blessing promote and practices to meet with God.

And yet he says that It came from seeking a relationship with God as what he had read about from Leanord Ravenhill
, Andrew Murry, Moody,Martin Loyed Jones and the such.
These mens books where way before 1994

2012/10/22 22:10Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Brethren, I think it is time to lay this thread to rest. It is shameful to malign the names of God's servants on account of our shortsightedness in "seeing through a glass darkly". When we begin naming names and pointing fingers it is an indication we have nothing further edifying to offer. May the Lord give us wisdom in reserving our words, our judgments, our criticisms.

Brother Paul

2012/10/22 22:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy