SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Moving away from worldly church to Anabaptist congregation...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re: wolves kill Sheep , Sheep do not kill wolves

There is a biblical principle that governs any true move of God. We find this principle at work again and again, in both Testaments. And it has proven true throughout centuries of church history. The principle is this: God will not begin a new thing in his church until he does away with the old. As Jesus put it, he won't put new wine into old wineskins.

Why is this so?

It's because God has a controversy with the old thing in his church. You see, with every new work he raises up, only a few generations pass before apathy and hypocrisy begin to creep in. Soon God's people become idolaters, with hearts bent toward backsliding. And, eventually, God chooses to bypass the old work in his church. He forsakes it completely before he introduces the new.

This principle was first introduced at Shiloh. During the time of the Judges, God established a holy work in that city. Shiloh was where the Lord's sanctuary stood, the center of all religious activity in Israel. The name Shiloh itself means "that which is the Lord's." This speaks of things that represent God and reveal his nature and character. Shiloh was the place where God spoke to his people. It was also where Samuel heard God's voice, and where the Lord revealed his will to him.

However, Eli was the high priest at Shiloh, and his two sons were ministers in the sanctuary. Eli and his sons were lazy and sensual, and were totally consumed by self-interest. During their ministry, they allowed gross sin to enter into God's house. And over time, Shiloh became corrupted.

Finally, the Lord stopped speaking at Shiloh. He told Samuel, in essence, "Shiloh has become so defiled, it no longer represents who I am. This house is no longer mine. And I won't put up with it anymore. I'm finished with it." So the Lord lifted his presence from the sanctuary. And he wrote "Ichabod" above the door, meaning, "The glory of the Lord has departed."
by David Wilkerson

Please don’t give me a history lessons to prove your the "True Church", show me the Glory of God…

2012/10/21 16:46Profile
proudpapa

Re: why be offended??

why be offended?? that I wrote //I would encourge everyone to do an unbiased study of Church history??//

after hitting the submit I felt a convicted to edit

2012/10/21 21:56Profile
proudpapa

Re:

I very much believe that their are some great men of God such as Paul Washer and Martyn Lloyd-Jones whom embrace the reformed tradition, I do not want to say anything that would slander such Godly Men.
At the same time I see a great awakening a real Spirit filled revivle that has been sweeping through the Anabaptist through men Like Denny Kenaston. And I am greatly bothered by the slander and the wrongful sterotyping that some have posted here.

2012/10/21 22:23Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Do people not read the OP? All you see is that she appreciates the Anabaptists and people are attacking her for this. Did you not read why they are attracted to them?

This is what she wrote:
We’ve friends in this church who don’t send their children to youth/social gatherings because of this worldliness and impurity amongst the youth. There’s a lack of purity/holiness & of any desire to talk about the Lord, let alone please Him.

Is this not a good enough reason to look elsewhere for fellowship? In an email to me she shared more details about this issue and it is a serious one, but this statement sums up the concern this poster has.

Makes me wonder why anyone would discourage any mother from wanting to protect her daughter from immorality!

The popular church that spurns the importance of being yoked together with Jesus, allowing Jesus to impact one's lifestyle is one that is yoked with the devil. They permit sins of all kinds within their ranks - all the while talking about the wonders of grace without allowing it to impact their lives!

'nuff said.

2012/10/22 8:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
Do people not read the OP? All you see is that she appreciates the Anabaptists and people are attacking her for this. Did you not read why they are attracted to them?

This is what she wrote:
We’ve friends in this church who don’t send their children to youth/social gatherings because of this worldliness and impurity amongst the youth. There’s a lack of purity/holiness & of any desire to talk about the Lord, let alone please Him.

Is this not a good enough reason to look elsewhere for fellowship? In an email to me she shared more details about this issue and it is a serious one, but this statement sums up the concern this poster has.

Makes me wonder why anyone would discourage any mother from wanting to protect her daughter from immorality!

The popular church that spurns the importance of being yoked together with Jesus, allowing Jesus to impact one's lifestyle is one that is yoked with the devil. They permit sins of all kinds within their ranks - all the while talking about the wonders of grace without allowing it to impact their lives! ginnyrose

Well said sister.This intolerant attitude to parents wanting to have their children take a pleasure in the Lord is becoming the "norm". Its shameful and one day those who take the Lord's name and don't have such an attitude to preserve and protect their children will have to look to those who did. But that's God's grace.

2012/10/22 10:00
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: why be offended?? that I wrote //I would encourge everyone to do an unbiased study of Church history??//
I am not offended at what you said..

Quote: You are third one on this thread to recommend history.

Quote: What is the reason for this trend....

So my thoughts are why when I challenge your doctrines all I get is a history lesson. So I replied with what you see down through history, a history lesson for you if you like, that a church starts of on the Move of God, then after some time the church wanders off doing their own thing and then God’s spirit departs.

You mentioned two men that are dead, I won’t discuss them but I will mention Paul Washer.

Let me say first of all I see a trend; the church is embracing mysticism’s contemplative prayer as a means to get with God. It first came to my attention through Todd Bentley and fresh fire ministry; they however named this type of prayer “prayer soaking” or “centering prayer” after some more investigating it seems that all the groups from the Toronto blessing have begun practicing “prayer soaking”. You’ll find that Ihop and all their affiliates practice and promote mysticism’s contemplative prayer “prayer soaking”. It is making great in roads into the mainstream church.. Why? The Glory of the Lord has departed and something else fills the void.

This strong deception sweeping the church is “mysticism and contemplative prayer” and if you’ll listen carefully you’ll find sprinkled through Paul Washers sermons the promotion of the very same thing. He calls them by different names like this sacred silence, silence and meditation and Practice the Presence.

So although Paul Washer is appealing because of his stance against lukewarm Christians and his push for personal holiness, we must be careful and listen and you’ll find at the end of the day the source of that personnel holiness he promotes is found to be the very same source that Todd Bentley and the groups from the Toronto blessing promote and practices to meet with God.

2012/10/22 12:25Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

The comments about brother Paul Washer are a new low for threads on this site. May the Lord have mercy on us.

makrothumia

2012/10/22 13:13Profile

Re: Moving away from worldly church to Anabaptist congregation...

Quote:
This strong deception sweeping the church is “mysticism and contemplative prayer” and if you’ll listen carefully you’ll find sprinkled through Paul Washers sermons the promotion of the very same thing. He calls them by different names like this sacred silence, silence and meditation and Practice the Presence. murrcoir

I don’t want to comment on a particular persons sayings’ and express what they appear to mean but I do understand mysticism both from an occult perspective and a true perspective arising out of a life relationship with Christ.

Put simply all mysticism is subjective and therefore should never form the basis of what we share with regards to Christ Himself. This is not to say that a mystical understanding in a moment of time is not valid. What it does mean is that mysticism ought to be tested by ones self as to the validity and substance of what it brings. This is to keep oneself in a true faith with regards to how that mystical experience influences what we really think about normal life. How such an experience moves us should tell us something of its source. What we are able to believe from it should tell us something of its effect. If we share these things and are effected ourselves, we ought not to be surprised that others are also effected as well by hearing us. But mystical experiences are not a valid or God given way of arriving at the truth of anything. Personally I would say that it is possible to have mystical experiences of God in ones inner man (spirit) which floods into the conscious mind and which leave you with a deeper more wondrous sense of God and Christ. Such experiences should not be confused with revelation of God that teaches as well as reveals truth that can be communicated to others. Mystical knowledge is not intended to teach it is a blessing and an evidence of the deep things of God. It is deep calling unto deep. It is also very rare and should not be promoted as a thing to seek of itself.

Occult mysticism on the other hand is taught firstly by provoking a need for it and then by claiming that it produces truth that has to be shared with others. It is outward of the mind and cannot reach the inner man nor does it come from the inner man.. It is informed from the air as well as from the physical body. This kind of mysticism is both physical as well as psychical. It is the soul and the body and has nothing to do with the life of Christ in the spirit. It does not arise from a life relationship in communion with Christ in the inner man, it is the fruit of the imagination and it is often a basis for demonic leading.

Many people today believe that because this generation of young people is post-rationalistic and therefore individualistic by inclination one cannot present absolute truth. This has led to an emergence of mystical techniques that purport to facilitate a revealing of truth to the individual and this will be sufficient to produce salvation. This rational has led to the denying of the power of God’s Word to save people through simple preaching of the Gospel of Grace. It is leading to false prophets of whom there are many who become in essence priests of their own orders where dependence is always on a man and what he says or teaches. It is pure occultism. On the other hand to the one who is spirit born of Spirit it is possible to know God in unspeakable terms yet which will do nothing to lead any one astray from Him. Such things give rise to wonder and praise not boastings or profit. The rise of mysticism in the church is entirely the responsibility of those men and women who have set more store by numbers of believers with its monetary benefit and boastings, than by a sincere faith and a faithful and holy walk. It is just the latest stage in apostasy.

2012/10/22 14:06
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: All you see is that she appreciates the Anabaptists and people are attacking her for this

Quote: I feel I must warn you that that in your search for Holiness/Purity you could end up in Witchcraft.

Nobody has been attacking this woman, warning someone is not attacking them..

Quote: Makes me wonder why anyone would discourage any mother from wanting to protect her daughter from immorality.

Please refrain from rash charges that twist the truth and try and place guilt.

The truth is nobody is discouraging anyone to protect her child that would be un-natural thing for a mother to do. A mother is hardwired in such a way that she will automatically protect her children as you’ll be aware being a mother.

For the Mother to consider

I left a church because it became legalistic in the pursuit of holiness/purity. All we got was laws upon laws upon laws it crushed the spirits of the children and crushed the life of the church. When I stood up against what was going on I was slandered and discredited from the pulpit.

The children from that time in church haven’t recovered to this day… the ones that were most effected were the children of the single parent only the mother to protect them, all for the sake of keeping some laws so we could be holy and pure..

2012/10/22 14:29Profile
stevet83

Re:

Murrcolr:
You not agreeing is fine, but to slander is another thing. Do you think that your judgement is just? Sorry, but it's flawed because of your sin.
I'll tell you what, be mature about it and let us see if your accusations about brother Washer are true. Quote him. Plain and simple.

2012/10/22 15:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy