SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anguish, Doctrine and Unbelief (Valley of Tears)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Anguish, Doctrine and Unbelief (Valley of Tears)

With this world the way it is, the only way that I can express my heart is in Anguish and in Tears, with persecution being widespread and deception abound.

One thing we forget as Christians he is coming for a perfect bride without blemish, yet with so many friends ill we have a friend who they have had to take half is skull out and put a metal plate in, then so many other situations.

The reason I put the word Unbelief in, is to me as I work in the christian bookshop it is down to belief, even me I think I struggle with Unbelief in the areas of Marriage and getting through each day, it is a trend that i see in the christian books, I have been reading a book a week, sometimes 2 to 4 books at the christian bookshop.

Some books doubt that God created the world in six day, So they doubt Gods Power and then some authors doubt different things.

The use of scripture I find shocking they doubt that the bible is the word of God or a wrong prognosis such as people are not coming into the church or Francis Chan people do not have a crazy love for God and the answer in not the Gospel it is Marketing or a Social Gospel.

Do we believe the God that flooded the world or said he is coming back, do we believe he has the power? Do we believe that every word of God is true.

Scholars tend to doubt more than the average author such as who wrote what book, i miss authors who believe in the bible 100% and tend to comment on the scriptures and believe them such as the puritan writers.

Then there is the idea that Doctrine does not matter such as the Deity of Christ, Jesus bodily return or the fundamentals of the christian faith.

Walter Martin said that the reason that Christians did not attack Mormonism is because they thought just preaching the Gospel would attack the Mormons.

To list the threats that I think that we have coming at us is the movement from Multifaith books, Bill Johnston and the Toronto Blessing, Ecumenical Movement,Green Book, Word of Faith, Liberation Theology and so many others.

The bible is full of real life characters with snapshots of there lives, When we are getting to heaven most scholars are not going to paul and say you did not write say 2 Timothy or when People meet the true, Biblical jesus they are not going to doubt his deity

People can make up illusions of what jesus and the bible is like but one day they are going to meet these people.

I have anguish over who am I going to marry and my future, I have angush over lost souls going to Hell and the christian books in the bookshop, People who are ill in my church and my persecuted brethren around the world, The orthodox jewish community who is going hell.

Anguish

Genesis 42:21 KJV
And they said one to another, We are verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear ; therefore is this distress come upon us.

Exodus 6:9 KJV
And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.

Deuteronomy 2:25 KJV
This day will I begin to put the dread of thee and the fear of thee upon the nations that are under the whole heaven, who shall hear report of thee, and shall tremble , and be in anguish because of thee.

2 Samuel 1:9 KJV
He said unto me again, Stand , I pray thee, upon me, and slay me: for anguish is come upon me, because my life is yet whole in me.

Job 7:11 KJV
Therefore I will not refrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.

Job 15:24 KJV
Trouble and anguish shall make him afraid ; they shall prevail against him, as a king ready to the battle.

Psalm 119:143 KJV
Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights.

Proverbs 1:27 KJV
When your fear cometh as desolation , and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.

Isaiah 8:22 KJV
And they shall look unto the earth; and behold trouble and darkness, dimness of anguish; and they shall be driven to darkness.

Isaiah 30:6 KJV
The burden of the beasts of the south: into the land of trouble and anguish, from whence come the young and old lion, the viper and fiery flying serpent, they will carry their riches upon the shoulders of young asses, and their treasures upon the bunches of camels, to a people that shall not profit them.

Jeremiah 4:31 KJV
For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail , and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child , the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers .

Jeremiah 6:24 KJV
We have heard the fame thereof: our hands wax feeble : anguish hath taken hold of us, and pain, as of a woman in travail .

Jeremiah 49:24 KJV
Damascus is waxed feeble , and turneth herself to flee , and fear hath seized on her: anguish and sorrows have taken her, as a woman in travail .

Jeremiah 50:43 KJV
The king of Babylon hath heard the report of them, and his hands waxed feeble : anguish took hold of him, and pangs as of a woman in travail .

John 16:21 KJV
A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come : but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man

Romans 2:9 KJV
Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

2 Corinthians 2:4 KJV
For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved , but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.

I feel like the writer in 2 Corinthians out of much affliction and anguish of heart and the Is 8:22 that the travail of the world causes me anguish. Some of the verses are so powerful.

Unbelief

Matthew 13:58 KJV
And he did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

Matthew 17:20 KJV
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove ; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Romans 11:32 KJV
For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

1 Timothy 1:13 KJV
Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy , because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Hebrews 3:12 KJV
Take heed , brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Hebrews 3:19 KJV
So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein , and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Hebrews 4:11 KJV
Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

Mark 6:6 KJV
And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching .

Mark 9:24 KJV
And straightway the father of the child cried out , and said with tears, Lord, I believe ; help thou mine unbelief.

Mark 16:14 KJV
Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat , and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen .

Romans 3:3 KJV
For what if some did not believe ? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect ?

He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;

Romans 11:20 KJV
Well; because of unbelief they were broken off , and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded , but fear :

Romans 11:23 KJV
And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in : for God is able to graff them in again.

Romans 11:30 KJV
For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

Is it the same that God can not many mighty works because of are Unbelief, If Israel fell because of Unbelied could we. I struggle sometimes in the area of unbelief in the area of my future and relationships.
But if God can create the heavens and earth anything is possible for him

Doctrine

Mark 1:22 KJV
And they were astonished at his doctrine: for he taught them as one that had authority, and not as the scribes.

This one I find interesting is that everyone has doctrine they may get it from daytime television or Radio 4 or Fox news or some Movies they watch. As doctrines are simply what you believe in God whether right or wrong.

Some people say they only read the bible but I start asking more questions I find out a bit more, why is ignorance a virtue in christian circles, I have heard people say I believe the bible but watching benny hinn and that was where they got there doctrine from. Some people may say they only read the bible but get what they believe about God from movies which are completly wrong or non christian songs. At least if I know what people read, I love the bible 100 percent.

This is why I love sermonindex because i know most people will be getting there doctrine from here.

I sometimes have anguish in the doctrine in some churches that God has stopped moving today and in sensationalism which is almost deism. I struggle with the aspect of the Gideon cry

Judges 6:13 KJV
And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying , Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.

Sometimes because of the amount of abuse my people like bill johnson and todd bentley.
We are hot on the doctrines like 6 day creationism and live like practical deists who believe that God does not interact with the World.

Are doctrines have no practicality if Jesus is God and fully man should not have an affect on our lives. As we have the God who flung stars into space interceding for us encased in human flesh who breathes, eats and walks like us, has two hands and two feet. The god who created time viewing his own creation in Flesh in a short snapshot of days as the amount of time listed in the biblical accounts is small. What did the creator of Heaven and earth think when he saw divorce or those hurt, a world bereft in sin firsthand.

The doctrine of Last time that Jesus is coming soon and he is coming in the same body to Israel and things will precisely happen as noted in the scriptures every jot and tittle will be fulfilled. Should we not be getting ourselves and going out evangelizing as how much time have we got before there is no time for the lost

I sometimes ask why did God only make the life of Enoch one chapter compared to say the story of Abraham or David? What was Gods thinking in putting the books in particular order?
Why only a small amount of events in Jesus life, if so every word should be mulled over and important. If God created DNA down to precise detail and every quark should not the word of God be taken more important and believed.

These things have a relevance to my life.

2012/10/13 15:07Profile

Re: Anguish, Doctrine and Unbelief (Valley of Tears)

Brother if anything the persecuted church is the bright spot. For in restricted nations the true gospel is going out. In China, which.has been called the book of Acts in operation in tbe twenty first century about 10 to 15 thousand or more Chinerse come to Christ daily. The church in Iran had less than 500 believers in 1979. Today there are over 100,000 or more believers in Iran. VOM reports that 600 to a 1000 people cone to Christ daily. The church in Iran is growing. And tbe devil is nervous.

In both of the countries above tbe kingdom growth is set against the backdrop of persecution. There is something about the persecution of Christians that accelerates gospel growth. Earlier I posted that persecution must come upon tbe American church to drive her back to Christ. Thus persecution should be seen the loving work of God to purify his bride.

Brother I say be encouraged. Look up. For your redemption is soon coming. King Jesus will soon return.

Bearmaster.

2012/10/13 15:43

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy