SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HEADLINES BACKING UP MILLENNIA-OLD PROPHECIES

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

HEADLINES BACKING UP MILLENNIA-OLD PROPHECIES

HEADLINES BACKING UP MILLENNIA-OLD PROPHECIES
Russia, Iran, Libya, Turkey all rallying against Israel

I find this article enlightening.

Take a look at

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/headlines-backing-up-millennia-old-prophecies/

2012/10/9 19:01Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: HEADLINES BACKING UP MILLENNIA-OLD PROPHECIES

Turkey? An Alliance with Russian and Libya? I snicker at this article for this and it is something to simply watch. For me in the moment in time this article is trying hard to make it work. Square through a circle. Almost there but not quite fitting but will it eventually? Is this intelligent interpretation of prophecy?

John

2012/10/9 19:42Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Will see, John. Strange things are happening...

When I was a young girl growing up - going back to the 50s - we never dreamed Russia would ever become friendly with the USA but Gorbechev changed that, thanks to Pres.Reagan. This is just one thing...

If the study of current [political] events teaches one it is that governments and their philosophies are as unstable as a woman with PMS! (Sorry, ladies, I could not resist that! lol)

2012/10/11 14:33Profile
savannah

Re: HEADLINES BACKING UP MILLENNIA-OLD PROPHECIES

STOP! Why do you focus on flesh and blood?

STOP! Why do you focus on geography?

It is Christ and Christ alone!

His people are those who have been born of His Spirit and those who belong to His Kingdom.

The time is divided B.C. and A.D.

Your so-called millenia-old prophecies are not to be found in the newspaper.

Study scripture in its context not with futurism's broken glasses!

2012/10/11 17:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Savannah, I do not hold to a Preterist view of prophecy.

As I understand Revelation and OT prophecies, there is much yet to be fulfilled.

Therefore, I must respectfully disagree with you, Savannah. I do not have it all down pat but what I do know is that there are events yet to happen and we do well to be aware of it.

Regardless of your view of endtimes, we do well to be prepared for Jesus' return, having all of our sins under the Blood of Jesus. Whether our life ends because of natural means or persecution or...it matters not but we shall all have to give account.

2012/10/11 17:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

After rethinking how people will regard the title of this article, I can see how some may take it wrongly. I reckon I expected students of prophecy to be able to understand the intent and still think so but others do not understand.

The reality is that things are happening world-wise that make no sense which we are finding prophesied in the WORD. For example, history teaches us that Persia as always been friendly to Israel until in recent years. Yet OT prophecy tells us how Persia will rise up against Israel...Now, if you read that it will sound like a modern day news reports albeit some future. This is the gist of the title.

As a student of prophecy I have always wondered if there was not one event that would be end specific that a person could tell that this is IT. A lot of prophecies have double meanings hence the confusion.

There were prophecies concerning Jesus birth that were very specific: born of a virgin, born in Bethleham, "Rachel weeping for her children were not"...

To be understood prophecies were to understood literally unless the text would indicate otherwise. This does create confusion among moderns who approach it with a preconceived idea of how it is to be understood.

Because of conflicting interpretations people will back off from reading Revelation or any other prophecy as shared in the OT prophets. The devil has convinced them it cannot be understood so why confuse my mind any further? But Revelation 1:3 says, "Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it for the time is near." NASB. John, I have found it so - there is a profound blessing in studying Revelation. I would urge anyone to read it - it is the record of a vision the LORD gave to John - just read it for its own sake - do not try to pigeonhole the events describes, get the Gospel message the LORD is sharing. This is blessing number 1; blessing number two is that everything is controlled by God. Ah, the riches that are to be gleaned by its study...but it cannot be accessed unless one avails himself of it.

ginnyrose

2012/10/12 10:52Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

A word about Persia....modern day Iran is Persia - it changed its name in the 1900s.

Over a week ago I met a couple who told me they were from Persia, not Iran. I noticed this and was very impressed. I was surprised that they were Caucasians (he had blue eyes). They told me Persians are Caucasians but that in recent years Muslims have moved in and are now taking over the country. Their family moved out of Persia into India and Pakistan to flee from religious oppression in that country. This couple came to the USA in 1961. And during this conversation when they were talking about Persia they never once used the modern name Iran. I noticed that and thought it was informative.

2012/10/12 10:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy