SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Wars and rumors of wars: Israel, U.S Nearing Agreement on Joint Iran Strike

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Wars and rumors of wars: Israel, U.S Nearing Agreement on Joint Iran Strike

U.S., ISRAEL 'NEARING AGREEMENT' ON JOINT IRAN STRIKE

Foreign Policy: U.S. and Israel zeroing in on option for short bombing flurry targeting Iran's nuke facilities.

By Gil Ronen
First Publish: 10/9/2012, 10:42 AM

IAF F-16
Flash 90

The United States and Israel have come closer together in recent days, in their views regarding an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities, according to Foreign Policy magazine.

"According to a source close to the discussions," writes David Rothkopf, "the action that participants currently see as most likely is a joint U.S.-Israeli surgical strike targeting Iranian enrichment facilities."

"The strike might take only 'a couple of hours' in the best case and only would involve a 'day or two' overall, the source said, and would be conducted by air, using primarily bombers and drone support." The plan is apparently being advocated by Israel.

Those who favor the approach argue that, as far as the American public is concerned, it is likely to be more politically palatable than a larger scale war. Moreover, they say, if it is successful – knocking out enrichment facilities, setting the Iranian nuclear program back many years, and doing so without civilian casualties – it would have "region-wide benefit."

An expert said that such an attack would have the added benefit of "assuring American ascendancy in the region for a decade to come."

Tags: Iran Strike ,Israel-US ,Fordow

2012/10/9 5:31Profile
ET101

Re: Wars and rumors of wars: Israel, U.S Nearing Agreement on Joint Iran Strike

I'm just about to read the Rothkopf piece itself, but here's another background to it from Debka:

US sources: US, Israel plan October Surprise. Others: Israel can do it alone
http://debka.com/article/22422/US-sources-US-Israel-plan-October-Surprise-Others-Israel-can-do-it-alone

and the piece at FP:

Wanted: A Truly Credible Military Threat to Iran
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/10/08/wanted_a_truly_credible_military_threat_to_iran?page=0,0

2012/10/9 8:33Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Wars and rumors of wars: Israel, U.S Nearing Agreement on Joint Iran Strike

Many thoughts on this. If you look at the USA as the kingdom of the North, and read Daniel 11, we see that we are ready for Iran, having just polished off Egypt and Libya. The next Bombing (Persia) Iran, causes extreme violence in the earth. I think God has been staying this for a reason. The church should never be involved in man's wars.

Looking in Jeremiah 50-52 we see that God has laid a trap for Mystery Babylon, (America). Iran looks like a great place for a trap. Place all your equipment in one area, while China and Russia watch from a distance.. Mistakes happen and oportunity knocks. Other nations are very concerned over America's adventures. If one believes the news he can be fooled. The TV news is planned to deceive. You've all heard the unemployment rate and the inflation rate.

A lot of things to consider. Looking back at Israel of old. In the land 400 yrs, then off to captivity. And now we have America and it's Christians. It looks like it's our turn since we have been here 400 years, (1608 -2008), that was the year Bush announce we were in deep doo. To me it looks like God has given the church 7 more years to repent. We have 2 years left maybe.

People think America will be around forever. The land is full of darkness. Full of greed and corruption. As God begins to shy away from America he waits for the sound of repentance. When the Spirit of God pulls away, darkness comes in. We ned to pray for the days ahead.

Look at the analogy of Christ and his church.(The Lamb nation), Perfect trust back and forth. Then Look at the Beast nations and their citizens. Bad marriage, the wife knows her husband is lying and cheating. Lack of trust.

The churches are full of music, clapping of hands as everyone sits in comfort. who cares about their brother in Somolia, Iran, Eqypt, next door, and on it goes.
No prayers are made for their brothers in Christ. I see God fixing to shake the world out of the church very soon. Many trust in their man they choose for office. Church is just something to be involved in. Many haven't bought into the Kingdom Of God. It's just a dream.

The still small voice visited me the other night as I lay in bed. We communed back and forth in that condition. I was told "Roger obey me" about 10 times. Then I was told not to veer to the left or the right. I was also told not to embelish things. He told me my family was in his hands and the end was very near.

I've had many of these. Satan even came one night. My bedroom got pitch dark and this voice told me in a Darth Vader voice.. "you lie", about four times. I knew it wasn't Christ. Needless to say I hit the prayer room.

This last visit has had me giving some serious thought to God's way. God's in charge. Men often make decisions. God makes the ultimate choice, to him be glory forever and ever Amen

2012/10/9 9:26Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Matthew 24:23-29
Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, He is in the desert; go not forth: behold, He is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

Luke 21:20
And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

2012/10/9 10:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
Many thoughts on this. If you look at the USA as the kingdom of the North, and read Daniel 11, we see that we are ready for Iran, having just polished off Egypt and Libya. The next Bombing (Persia) Iran, causes extreme violence in the earth.

The United States is not even in bible prophecy let alone being the kingdom of the North.

If you read your chronological history of the book of Daniel you'll see that all those countries they refer to the North and South are those countries above Israel and below. It begins at the proclamation from the Persian King Cyrus in 516 B.C. and follows it's way up without any breaks in the time line to the time of Christ and the first century. The purpose of the time line was to show when Christ would come. That is why those that knew the law and those that observed the times and seasons understood that a Messiah was coming in that time period, they just didn't know how and when. Matthew 2

When you read it in it's proper context and not try to fit our current situation into past prophetic utterances that were meant for a specific time now past, you'll discover a whole new world of understanding.

For our situation today, the scriptures will teach us that nothing is new under the sun. We have a vast knowledge of understanding men and how God will deal with them when they reject His ways. We see that the nation that forgets God will be turned into hell. We see that happening now. We see that a nation that continually disobeys Him, God will raise up a greater nation to overpower them so that they may come to their senses. We have this knowledge at our fingertips.

This is offensive to many but I must say it, the prophecies of the Old Testament are fulfilled. Look to them as references, look to them as everlasting truths that will never fade because what men did then they are doing still, nothing is new under the sun.

2012/10/9 11:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy