SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Why No Revival?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Tears_of_joy

Why No Revival?

I want to bring these pictures up again. Brother Greg has posted them some year ago.
Does someone know are these pictures part of some tract? Are there more?

Good visualization answers to the some of the reasons about "Why no revival"
The sad thing is that this is true.

2005/2/24 18:24Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Why No Revival? - Prayerlessness

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/whynorevival03.gif[/img]

2005/2/24 18:26Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Why No revival? - Idols

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/whynorevival01.gif[/img]

2005/2/24 18:27Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Why No Revival? - Pastors

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/whynorevival02.gif[/img]

2005/2/24 18:29Profile

Re: Why No Revival?

good...good illustrations....check this out, how can there be revival in a land that is awash in blood and filth?

how?

this nation has become the haunt of demons.

I really liked all those testimonies from believers that said, "hey I unplugged my TV"....

last night I got home from the Weds. meeting, in the Spirit, and I thot, why don't I go to my knees and commune with the Most High...did I?

no.

I played a strategy game until midnite, prayed for 10 minutes , then passed out.

I'm a spiritual pygmy, but I KNOW that I KNOW Christ will annoint me with a Holy Fire, a burning Fire, annoint me with tears, and unction, to pray, and intercede for a nation that could BE SO MUCH MORE.

2005/2/24 20:19
Yodi

Escondido, California

Hmmm... I'm wondering, can people stop God from starting a revival? From what I understand, recently reading 2 Chronicles, if there's at least one person seeking the Lord, He can cause a revival to happen in a land. The leaders could be setting a bad example and the people could be constantly doing what's evil in the Lord's sight, but if there's just one person who humbles himself before God on behalf of the majority, God can cause a revival. I know I found much hope reading 2 Chronicles 29-31 & 34-35.

Not only that, but reading through Ezra, God made even a pagan king, the king of Persia, want to accomplish God's will for His people and His Temple; "Praise the LORD, the God of our ancestors, who made the king want to beautify the Temple of the LORD in Jerusalem!" (Ezra 7:27) And even I think about two kings before him, God moves upon the heart of King Cyrus of Persia, causing him to write a proclamation to let the exiles return to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple (read Ezra 1).

I think there are things we are capable of hindering where our spiritual growth is concerned, but I really don't think we can hinder the sovereignty of God. God can work through a righteous man just as much as He can work through a pagan king, a donkey or any other part of His creation.

I think we only limit ourselves when we disobey, sin, waste time or displease the Lord in any other way. God will still work despite ourselves, we'll just miss out; "If you keep quiet at a time like this, deliverance for the Jews will arise from some other place, but you and your relatives will die" (Esther 4:14). We [i]cannot[/i] limit God! Thank the Lord for that! We should take great comfort, joy and hope in the fact that God is sovereign, all powerful, good, just, merciful and gracious. May we live expectantly for the Lord to act!

2005/2/24 20:22Profile

Glory!!

I'm believing for revival in Escondido!!!!!!

Please Lord......Yolanda, in Jesus Name , lets claim California for Jesus!!!!!

Please Lord, make it so.....amen

oh yes...please for Topanga also, amen

2005/2/24 20:37
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Glory!!

Give God just [i]one[/i] person, and it can turn the tide of multitudes!

2005/2/24 20:46Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Is anyone familiar with the 7 epistles of Jesus Christ in Revelation ch. 2, 3? Yes they were 7 actual churches with real actions to be commended and rebuked. Yes we can see ourselves in each epistle at a point in our spiritual walk.

They are also 7 prophesies of the 7 church ages.

Philadelphia was the age of revivals and it started in 1700 or so (1734); and ended pretty much around 1900.

Now we are in the age of luke warmness, the age of apostasy. There is no church age after this one. If you take the time to look at the epistle to Laodecia you will see that we are rich in need of nothing; and do not know that we are poor, etc... We have so many bibles, churches concordanences, lexicons, translations, bible colleges, etc...

I am just wondering if anyone is familiar with the prophesies of revelation ch 2, 3?

I know there is a great depth to this subject of these 7 prophesies, and I am just barely touching the subject. It might have been already discussed in another thread?

Do I think it is wrong to pray for revival? No I think we must pray for revival. Should this prophesy of this last church age allow our faith to fail for revival? NO It gives us all the more reason to pray more fervently and earnestly for this revival that we all have been praying for.

2005/2/24 20:49Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

In the epistle to the Laodiceans we do see a glimmer of hope.

Revelation 3:19,20
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.

2005/2/24 20:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy