SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : new member from uk

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pippaD

new member from uk

hi to everyone, my name is pippa, i have just been shown this sight by a friend of mine and was very interested and compelled to read the postings on out of church christians, i have been out of any established church for nearly 7 years yet was not aware that there were many others who were in similar positions, many feeling called out by God,difficult because i find so many christians to be judgemental, which in turn makes me want to run from them not fellowship with them, interested to hear others views 8-)

2005/2/24 15:34Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: new member from uk

Hi pippa,

Welcome to Sermonindex. The subject you mention has been quite a informative one of late. Would be interested to know more about you.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/2/24 15:38Profile
pippaD

Re:

hi robert, i became a christian 17 years ago,at the age of 19 i had a very dramatic conversion where God changed round my whole life, it was very breathtaking. I married and served in our local church, becoming leaders of a housegroup at one point.After ten years in this church we felt spiritually exhausted and felt that God was leading us out into a new fellowship that was established in our area, the emphasis was on revival and it gave us a really expectant heart that God would move. Unfortunatly this fellowship had a high turnover of different leaders, our hearts grew tired of what felt like false promises from leaders and we grew more and more disalusioned with the 'church'. I gave birth to twin boys who had various medical difficulties this is another story for a later date).Our church folded and we were left without a church to attend. That was seven years ago. initially i felt bitter and very disappointed in christians. now i meet together on an informal basis with a few friends. i find it difficult because i have never felt lead to another church (believe me i have tried a few hoping to feel at home, but this hasnt happened.so thats a little bit of my background, where im from and how i got to be hear, hope this is of interest

2005/2/24 16:12Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
hope this is of interest

Certainly good to know where brothers and sisters in the Lord are coming from. You may want to discuss some of these issues on the Out Of Church movement thread if you feel so led. There are a lot of different vantage points on the topic. Some feel "Out of Church" is synonomous with the House Church movement. Seems you were in a house meeting and are what I define as totally "Out of Church." Not out of Church in terms of the Body of Christ, but not in fellowship. i think you have come to the right place. ;-)

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/2/24 16:36Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
hi to everyone, my name is pippa, i have just been shown this sight by a friend of mine and was very interested and compelled to read the postings on out of church christians

Great to have you on SermonIndex.net I recommend you listen to the audio and video sermons available and featured on the front page. If you haven't already heard this one its a great one to start with: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/url]

2005/2/24 16:43Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy