SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Important Prayer Request for the SermonIndex.net Site

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Important Prayer Request for the SermonIndex.net Site

Dear Saints,

I want to thank you for your commitment to pray for so many needs for individuals from the body of Christ. God surely has heard and answered many prayers for His glory. I wanted to bring to your attention out of the many needs to be praying for things with the sermonindex ministry.

Recently there have been alot of posts by spammers on sermonindex which has made us even take down the registration form right now on the site. We praise God for this has really caused us to re-think how this ministry needs to function security wise. But we ask for your prayers right now as literally 1000's of spam comments and profiles have been created and are continuing to be.

We believe the Lord is in full control and will work good for His work through this. Thank you for praying saints, it has been alot of work for the moderators to keep on top of deleting everything and ensuring all the wrong spam links will not remain on the site.

We will have to be making a few big decisions over features of the site and possible changes because of this. thank you for praying.

2012/9/29 0:28Profile
HeartSong

Re: Important Prayer Request for the SermonIndex.net Site

I will be praying! The devil seems to be working overtime on all counts.

2012/9/29 2:07Profile

I see that the comment I made in the 666 thread was removed as well, and rightly so it was not apart of the thread but it was right on top of that last spammer. However, I would like to suggest it again if I can remember it.

I know of only a few Christian sites that make registration a little bit difficult to "instantly" get in. They screen individuals thoroughly to find out if they are truly believers by asking several questions, sometimes a phone number to confirm eligibility (Not that you would ever call, but the idea would spook anyone who didn't have good intentions) and lastly they would ask that the person would give their testimony. After waiting for a couple of days they would then get their temporary password.

You may even offer a paid membership to use the forums (like $5 for a lifetime, and those that can't afford it should email the ADMIN to explain their situation and be given access. Of course, THAT will require prayer and much thought).

And yes, I will be praying for the site, that God will grant wisdom (direction).

2012/9/29 11:25

Re:

Will pray.

2012/9/29 11:45
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

I see that the comment I made in the 666 thread was removed as well, and rightly so it was not apart of the thread but it was right on top of that last spammer. However, I would like to suggest it again if I can remember it.

Brother,

I apologize for deleted that post by accident, I have been careful to try and not delete any users posts as I have been deleted 1000's of spam posts. Thank you for your suggestions and especially prayers.

2012/9/29 11:51Profile
mama27

Re:

Praying...

2012/9/29 11:58Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Greg, is there a way for SI to require an email address verification, were you have to click on the verification link in your mail box before becoming a member? I know security additions are probably costly, but just a thought.

2012/9/29 12:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg, is there a way for SI to require an email address verification, were you have to click on the verification link in your mail box before becoming a member? I know security additions are probably costly, but just a thought.

Brother, Yes that is very possible but still would not really stop spammers who are very determined such as some that were just on the site. One can start 100's of email accounts easily and register multiple accounts. Thank you for all the ideas and considerations brothers and sisters as we continue to pray and consider any changes to be made.

2012/9/29 12:14Profile

Dear Brother,
I thank God for this site and I know others do. That you are known in hell, as Samuel Chadwick told the trekkers who evangelized in England (Leonard Ravenhill being one of them)is a sure sign that God is with you in this endeavor.

However, I will pray that the enemy not waste your precious time with spammers.
Lord God, you know the precious Word of God is preserved on this site. And though a host should encamp against Greg, his heart shall not fear: though war should rise against him, in this will he be confident:
One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life....Psalm 27

Preserve this site and all the videos, audios and written articles that glorify your Name and reach out to all nations for as much time as is needed to accomplish your purposes.
The Lord is Greg's strength and wisdom, Holy Spirit fill him to capacity in all that you have called him to do. And remind many of us to pray for him and the protection of this site.
In Jesus Name we ask and pray....
L

2012/9/29 12:22
enid

Nottingham, England

No doubt, most have noticed, that these spam attacks have happened right before the conference on persecution.

They are a distraction from the real event. The enemy will stop at nothing to keep us sleepy and indifferent to what is about to take place.

Jesus told us to watch and pray.

"And what I say to you, I say to all, Watch,", Mark 13:37

2012/9/29 15:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy