SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is It Really That Important????

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
onemite

Re: Gokdminer and Ginny

bearmaster-

I didn't see your response to me- thank you.
and btw, I am a sister.
I pray we all keep hungering and thirsting after righteousness.

2012/10/15 11:44Profile

Re: If it is not that important?

I am promoted to ask this. If the New Testament is not that important in one's walk with Christ. Then why were Wycliff and Tyndale put to death for translating the New Testament in the vernacular of tbe people? If the New Testament is not that important in one's walk with Christ. Why were early saints out to death for possessing a copy of Scriptures? If the New Testament is not that important in one's walk with Christ. Then why were the Anabaptist put to death for reading tbe scriptures and living by them?

If the New Testament is not that important in one's walk with Christ. Then why our previous believers imprisoned and put to death today in nations line Eritrea, N. Korea , Iran, China, and other nations.

I am perplexed. Saints in times past and present gave their lives to own a copy of his blessed Word. Yet in the west it is not regarded as that important. In the west tbe theological writings of men are esteemed. In the persecuted it is the Word of God that is esteemed. In the west it is theological knowledge that is esteemed. In tbe persecuted it is knowledge and tbe experience of him who is tbe Word that is esteemed. Or should I say that us lived out.

Have tbe persecuted saints discovered something that we in tbe west are missing? Back to tbe question posed in this thread. Is it really that important to read the word?

Bearnaster

2012/10/18 8:41
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Irrespective of what Westerners might say, this is what the word of God says.

Psalm 1:2, 'But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night'.

This believer delights in God's law, God's word, and does not make excuses to not read it.

Ezra 7:10, For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the Law of the Lord, and to do it, and to teach statutes and ordinances in Israel.

Ezra's heart was prepared concerning God's word. It was not an ordeal for him to read God's word.

Matthew 24:35, 'Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.'

Everything else, whether written or otherwise, will soon pass, but not God's word.

Since man cannot live by bread alone, it is not that that we need to sustain us, but every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

It would appear, that the reason we have no room for the word of God, is that we are too full.

2012/10/18 9:37Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Is It Really That Important????

This is such a great thread, because it brings us face to face with what we really believe. As I was reading about those who gave their lives for the word I am reminded of the fact that it is likened to a two edges sword. It frightens some because it cuts, and they want it watered down so they don't have to change. Thank God that some really treasured it down through the centuries and preserved it for us. Hallelujah. His world is glorious, 100% true, and to die for.

2012/10/18 10:29Profile

Re: Enid

Indeed dear sister. If one has no room for God's word what are they full of? If a person satisfies his physical appetite with junk food. Then there is no craving for the healthier food by which they can be nourished. It is the same in tbe spiritual man. Fill your mind and heart with tbe junk of this world. There is no room for the pure word if God to nourish our souls.

Thank you for tbe scripture you shared. I am so reminded that everything that was written in the past was written to teach us. So that through endurance and the encouragement of tbe scriptures we might have hope.

Bearmaster.

2012/10/18 10:31

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy