SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Wales considers forced registration for home schoolers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Wales considers forced registration for home schoolers

Parents who home-school their children could be forced to register with their local council, under new Welsh Government proposals.

Outlined plans include putting a legal duty on parents to tell councils they are teaching their children at home.

There were close to 1000 pupils home-schooled in Wales last year.
Critics have hit out at the plans, saying local authorities will use this compulsory register to stop home education.

read more: http://www.christian.org.uk/news/wales-considers-forced-registration-for-home-schoolers/

2012/9/26 1:51Profile

Re: Wales considers forced registration for home schoolers

Quote:
Parents who home-school their children could be forced to register with their local council, under new Welsh Government proposals.

Under the Laws of England & Wales it is only necessary for a parent to educate their children. There are no laws which require this educational process to be carried out in a particular way, i.e. Independent Schools, Local Authority Schools, Faith Schools etc. Home schooling is a legal valid option simply because Parliamentary Statute for England & Wales defines the principle required in law as a requirement to "educate children" not a "where you" educate children. In England it is already a requirement to be OFSTED inspected and to register with the local authority, but only in some local authority's, not all local authority's. My wife and I found ourselves in this system which did concern us for a while. However in the end it proved to be fine as long as we undertook our legal duties to educate our children properly. I do see a time however when this level of cooperation by inspectors may be challenged at which point there will be legal issues to face down. The same may prove to be true of some local authorities as well.

2012/9/26 11:29

Re: Wales considers forced registration for home schoolers

Having a bad day another double post. Sorry.

2012/9/26 11:29

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy