Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Feeling apologetic as well

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Feeling apologetic as well

Need to just dump this all out.

There has been some discussion amongst us 'old timers', the sense that we have gotten off track in the thrust of what goes on around here.

Before that though. Some things personally and some observations as well.

I do hope and pray that when we are wrong or off that someone might come and pull the plank's out. I can't escape the thought that I may be off often times. Am no scholar, I just love the Lord and want to do what is well pleasing in His sight. I hope that it is similar that we all keep examining ourselves, the things that get said here, the misunderstandings, the failings of expression, the matters of the heart being mangled by the words of our lips.

It's not wishy washy compromise.
It may be misplaced 'anger'
It may be an attempt to rally to defend God
But think He is still Sovereign enough to handle that.
In fact that may be in part what has me questioning things. Do we go away from here and wonder if we have spoken rightly of the Lord? Do we consider others thoughts here or are we just interested in our own opinions so much that we can't be bothered?

Do we feel the sting of our words when we say some of the things being said around here, to each other?

Do we pause and consider?
And pray?

My apologies to all and any that my words have failed and caused anyone to stumble. Sincerely, forgive me, I know not what I do often times. Surely the flesh has it days even when I know better.

For some that are new around here perhaps a bit of explanation. This particular forum has had a great sense of unity in that we for the most part can disagree agreeably. It differs not in being 'better than', 'other than' or 'higher than' others out there. That's not the point at all. If I may, it's in that the tendencies are to go beyond the surface and striving to know the Lord in ways that in a general sense of opinion :) are different than much of what is now common. And that path is backward's. That is why primarily the messages that are here are "old", but that's only as far as time of days passing. The messages themselves, at least to this mind are 'timeless', 'classic', the sense of men and women that were genuine in their love for the Lord and more concerned with losing their lives for His sake rather than what sadly is being taught nowadays as "what's in it for me?"

There has been some problems around here in part I think by a misunderstanding of what this is and is not.

It is not a place to bring your 'teaching'
Though please do share what you know, just leave the ego's and the baggage behind. That sounds harsh but pride keeps rearing it's ugly head at times.

It's not a place to come and load up the forum with ton's of post's to get 'your point across'. If you feel compelled toward that end, you might think of getting your own site going.

It's not a place where you will not be challenged on core belief's. Hopefully it is unnecessary to have to spell all that out. Just listening to the messages here ought to give one an idea of what it is we believe about the Lord, the innerancy of the scriptures and so forth.

And on that note, are we listening to the messages here?
Seems that much of the discussions have gotten away from that and been toward more controversial areas, that is not to dissuade anyone, but it's easy to get caught up in these things and blow right past things that just might change your thinking in a profound way.

Recently re-posted Greg's ministry information thread which can be found here;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1098&forum=15&2]SermonIndex Ministry Information Brochere[/url]

It's worth reading to get an idea of thrust of intention here.

Growth is often an awkward thing and nobody is under any illusions here. But I think this ministry is doing incredible things in the hearts of many, certainly it has in my own. "[i]Go and make disciples[/i]" and I hope this just a place where that can and does happen.

This has expanded out-words with many members all over the world and what a joy it is to be drawn together here as members of one body, the Lords. It's His body and always the intent ought to be to wards His glory and His end in view.

Much more could be said, sufficient it is to hopefully not frighten away some good folks that have been such an encouragement to so many here, nor to dissuade anyone from participating. Just hope to cause us all to be more prayerful and careful, recognizing each other as more valuable than ourselves and our opinions. Admit when we are wrong and prompt each other to go down into the depths of all that the Lord would have us to do, speak and be.

Selah

2005/2/24 9:35Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re: Feeling apologetic as well

Quote:
Selah

Excellent advice, Brother Mike. Taken to heart and will 'chew' on this one. May God help us as we individually and collectively 'Repent and go back and do the first works'.

Missing you and the rest of the brothers and sisters and the simplicity of following Christ.

"Save me, Lord."

2005/2/24 9:42Profile
moreofHim

Re: simplicity

Quote:
the simplicity of following Christ.

"Foxes have their dens, and birds have their nests; but the Son of Man has no where to lay His head (Matthew 8:20)."

How may we prepare a place for the Lord Jesus? What is He searching for? Where is the place of His rest?

Many of us have traveled "outside the camp" in search of something more in tune with God's own heart. I believe the most important calling we have is to prepare a place for the Lord Jesus, to give Him somewhere to lay His head. We will find that the purest, simplest expression of the Church is that which satisfies the Lord's heart and gives Him a place. -C. Brogden

I would hope that SI would also be a place where the Lord may come to rest. That He may see that we are wanting to get rid of the things "not needed", to get back to a place of simplicity that He may have the preeminance and a place to dwell here among us in spirit and truth.

I pray that we might be wanting to grow in His likeness as well as taking the time to minister to the needs of the Lord. That we might be pleasing to Him in our focus and our conversations.

When He visits here, is He pleased? Is He welcome and does He want to stay around? Will He find a dwelling place among us here at SI?

"The Lord is seeking spirit-and-truth-worshippers to commune with. In your group, in your meeting, in your heart of hearts - has He found what He seeks?"

In His love, Chanin

2005/2/24 10:01Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Quote:
mike writes:
Much more could be said, sufficient it is to hopefully not frighten away some good folks that have been such an encouragement to so many here, nor to dissuade anyone from participating. Just hope to cause us all to be more prayerful and careful, recognizing each other as more valuable than ourselves and our opinions. Admit when we are wrong and prompt each other to go down into the depths of all that the Lord would have us to do, speak and be.

Some of you clever folks out there are just going to have to invent a 'hug' icon! Thanks Mike.

2005/2/24 11:24Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Need to just dump this all out.

Thanks Bro. Mike for pouring your heart out to us.

God Bless,

-Robert

2005/2/24 11:51Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Thanks for that loving reminder as well Mike. We each have biblical issues that are important to us, but for me, I need to continually remind myself that first and foremost is my relationship with HIM and love for His Body............Blessings, Cindy

2005/2/24 12:58Profile
markm

Oh, how I can relate,

Quote:
Sincerely, forgive me, I know not what I do often times. Surely the flesh has it days even when I know better.

Who can tame the tongue? Is it a stretch to apply that to typing fingers? There is only one who can tame them. Will we obey when He tells us not to speak? Will we obey when He tells us the "cancel post" button was made for the very post we have already written up?

"But Lord.... It's my right to say it. I spent so much time and energy. It is already thought out and ready to go... what harm could it do?"

How many times must I seek forgiveness for not heading the warning? It would be discouraging if not for the marvel and joy that there was a warning to begin with!

Falling on my knees is the price of learning to walk.

2005/2/26 5:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy