SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : View on Pastor getting romantically involved with younger believer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
philstew

View on Pastor getting romantically involved with younger believer

I would love some thoughts,answers, on a pastor who is potentially going to get romantically involved with a younger believer.She is just coming a year into salvation..is this biblicaly wrong,what does the scriptures says on this??.This is a man i know quite well and both are single and have never been married.From what i can ascertain she is very mature in her walk so far for someone so young in the faith..but still is it wrong??

2012/9/25 7:23Profile
MPS

Re: View on Pastor getting romantically involved with younger believer

I can't see where this should be any ones business but theirs.

Respectfully.

2012/9/25 7:34Profile

Re:

Exactly. Leave it alone.

If she was an unbeliever that would be different. She is saved, and when some people get saved God puts them on the fast-track. She might be more spiritually mature than you, for all you know.

I dont know about you, but I got enough about myself to worry about than to stress over what someone else is doing.

Krispy

2012/9/25 8:29
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

This reminds of something that happened back in the 50s.

At this Bible School there was s young single instructor teaching and he was attracted to one of his students. At this point in time there were no rules governing this kind of situation, but ever being the cautious type and not wanting to offend or appear to do anything inappropriate he did what he could to protect his integrity and that of the school. Short of the long - they eventually married and lived happily ever after! :-)

(Oh, it is fun to listen to him tell us this story - his desire to court this girl and yet not compromise the integrity of his position at the school...)

My point? I agree with the other posters. Leave it alone. No one is sinning.

2012/9/25 11:26Profile
used4him

Re:

To Philstew:

I tend to disagree with the other posters on this. I believe equally yoked is more than just a believer with a believer. I have seen Christian men marry someone more based on their looks than their spirituality. Then soon they find out that the woman does not have the same love of God and spiritual committment. I had opportunities to marry earlier on, but always hesitated because I felt like I was more of a counselor and mentor to the other person. I am glad I waited for one more mature! As far as what you could say to this brother...that's difficult. Pray for the Holy Spirit to direct you, if you tell him in love he may heed the warning and at least postpone things.

2012/9/25 15:27Profile
used4him

Re:

Oh yes, you asked for a scripture concerning this. I could share one that ministered to me for years as a guide to choosing the right one. Philippians 2:2 Fulfill ye my joy that ye be likeminded, having the same love,being of one accord, of one mind.

2012/9/25 18:39Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: View on Pastor getting romantically involved with younger believer

No philstew, there is nothing Biblically wrong about this situation. Both are believers.

2012/9/25 19:25Profile

Re:

Quote:
I tend to disagree with the other posters on this. I believe equally yoked is more than just a believer with a believer. I have seen Christian men marry someone more based on their looks than their spirituality. Then soon they find out that the woman does not have the same love of God and spiritual committment. I had opportunities to marry earlier on, but always hesitated because I felt like I was more of a counselor and mentor to the other person. I am glad I waited for one more mature! As far as what you could say to this brother...that's difficult. Pray for the Holy Spirit to direct you, if you tell him in love he may heed the warning and at least postpone things.

I dont think anyone here would disagree with this, or has disagreed with this... what we all took issue with is that this is none of anyone's business, and this person should keep their nose out of it.

Krispy

2012/9/28 12:01

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy