SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Mormonism, Goose Bumps and the Great Falling Away by Jennifer LeClaire

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Miccah, so if Romney wins, are you giving up on God? or are you going to say, well God I just can't believe you used this person, what is wrong with you? There can be no doubt that James Buchanan was gay, how did we ever get here, once having a President that was gay?

2012/9/24 13:11Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

MrBillPro.

Strawman, strawman, strawman...

You may not want to hear what I have to say. That is your choice. But you cannot deny that you heard it.

2012/9/24 13:17Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Miccah, No I want to listen to you, if not, I would have never responded, I am listening, but what God says to me, trumps what you have to say. You should step down a notch on the ladder, unless your God, you have no idea why things happen, if you do I have a few questions for you on the loss of a close friend.

2012/9/24 13:26Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

MrBillPro.

God told you to vote for a Mormon for President?

2012/9/24 13:33Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I never said one time God told me to vote for any one of the two, my point here was to get folks to trust in whatever God does, and not let man deceive him. Some trust in chariots and some in horses,but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7. A nation is blessed when it has godly leaders, but even if a nation does not have a godly leader, that nation can still be led by God because He controls the hearts of the kings, He directs what happens. Every government official, he asserted, is God's tool. I believe first and foremost this truth,that God is the God of the nations,Congress doesn't direct the future, God does, Washington doesn't call the shots, God does.

2012/9/24 13:41Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Looks like we agree on something on this topic.

Yet, you are still voting for a man as President, when the Lord is in control. If God is in control no matter what, why vote for a Mormon, when that could very well be a sin? Why take the chance? If it is already worked out (election) by the Lord, then why face the possibility of sinning by casting your vote for a cult satanist leader?

Why not abstain and let the Lord do His will? Why ruin your witness with a vote for a cult/satanist leader?

If I was an unsaved man looking in at a Christian voting for a Mormon, then listen to that same Christian say that Mormonism is wrong, I would call you a hypocrite.

So I ask, is your vote for a cult/satanist leader more important to you then your witness to the lost for Christ?

2012/9/24 13:55Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Miccah,

Quote:
I believe that your assessment of Frank in wrong.

What part is "wrong?"
The part where he calls us "blind?"
The part where individuals are accused of "cultural bias?"
The part where he insinuates that those who don't agree with his view are susceptible to "voting for the anti-Christ?"

Those were Frank's words in this thread which are echoed in nearly every subject on the matter.

Can you acknowledge that many of us will pray about and study this issue with purity of heart/motives and sincerity yet might still feel enough to choose between the two major candidates?

Quote:

If someone votes for a Mormon for President, I personally and scriptually question you and your Christianity.

Do you really feel so empowered as to question my relationship with God?

You are totally free to have an opinion. I understand that. However, the line is crossed when someone subtly -- yet publicly -- hurls insults or insinuations and also questions the spiritual resolve and maturity of those with whom we disagree.

Unfortunately, many believers come across as condescending and judgmental when they perpetually fail to distinguish an OPINION from SCRIPTURAL TRUTH.

You can sit there and proclaim that I am guilty of "foolishness, ignorance, deception, You name it." However, this isn't the Lord that you are basing your opinion upon. It is based upon your own understanding -- an opinion -- about such matters that you place an enormous amount of trust in.

The more that I grow in the Lord, the more that I am CERTAIN of things that are absolutely clear from the Word of God. Yet, there are some things that I once thought were "clear" yet have since reconsidered as I matured in the Lord. Yet, as I have grown, I am keenly aware of things that I am not entirely certain of.

There is a problem in the Body of Christ when individuals romp around and make proclamations that are based upon generalizations, judgment, opinions or general "figuring it out." This is why many topics -- from music to Calvinism to Bible versions to Eschatology -- often becomes so divisive. Believers with different views are so certain of what they think that they feel that inclination to "question you and your Christianity" over it.

Is this what God has called us to? To fight, bicker and scrutinize the very relationship with God of those with whom we disagree? Has God called certain people with strong alpha personalities, strong opinions that they attribute to God and a keen "victim" syndrome to try to micromanage the Body of Christ and publicly dismiss those with whom they disagree?

To be clear: I have no problem with someone sharing their concerns with Governor Mitt Romney. I often "check myself" -- and the things that I adhere to -- even if I don't agree with others. However, there is a line that is crossed when individuals who fancy themselves as being "prophetic" on SermonIndex can meander into the realm of discrediting the views or thoughts of others by publicly insinuating or questioning their faith because of a disagreement.

In this case, there are many believers who will pray about the election. They will also prayerfully study God's Word about this...and study the consequences of our decisions...and might still feel inclined to vote for a particular candidate despite his religious beliefs. This should NEVER be used as a primer by which someone feels so strongly about themselves that they can publicly question someone's faith in Christ.

Those who are so keen on warning others to "flee Babylon" might also want to "flee babel" -- as in the words used to gossip, slander, insinuate, generalize or scrutinize the relationship with God of those with whom they disagree. Without the Love of Christ behind our words, we are nothing more than a sounding brass or tinkling cymbal. And, of course, we should have ALL "fled Babylon" when we came to Christ; and, we should continue to flee until we arrive to His Kingdom. Part of fleeing Babylon isn't just the physical systems of this world (because God didn't take us out of this world) but the spiritual systems -- including those that help us tame our tongues.

I hope that this makes sense.

2012/9/24 14:07Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Great posting Chris. Well worded and thought out. thank you for your reply.

My original questions stands...

Quote:
If Christians have a problem with me questioning your Christianity, so be it. The question to you is, if it is unacceptable for a concerned brother in Christ to question you and your choices to support a cult/satanist leader, what would you consider "acceptable" for other Christians to question you on then?

If your brother in Christ cannot question other Christians in their choices, especially a choice that may very well lead them or others to the gates of Hell, then we might as dust off our shoes and move along...

2012/9/24 14:23Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

by Miccah on 2012/9/24 11:23:30

Great posting Chris. Well worded and thought out. thank you for your reply.

My original questions stands...

Quote:
If Christians have a problem with me questioning your Christianity, so be it. The question to you is, if it is unacceptable for a concerned brother in Christ to question you and your choices to support a cult/satanist leader, what would you consider "acceptable" for other Christians to question you on then?

If your brother in Christ cannot question other Christians in their choices, especially a choice that may very well lead them or others to the gates of Hell, then we might as dust off our shoes and move along...

-----------

i have a sincere question i would like to ask? how would casting a vote for Romney cause someone to go to hell? this is confusing to me? would a person who votes for Obama be in the same danger of hell?

one more thought, i am gonna admit this election has troubled me more then any other. in truth i pray for both candidates but the idea of either of them winning cause me to tremble just a bit with fear. i am praying about this but seeing brothers in Christ attack each other as in this thread just makes me feel awful.

2012/9/24 14:31Profile

Re:

HI Miccah, I appreciate your defense of me but I urge you not to, it will simply be fruitless. These attacks are to be expected. Men rage when they see their systems being exposed, they always have and they always will. I am glad of your discernment on these issues though. It is true, God is judging and so we see what is unfolding. Men have become blind to to the deception and only God can open their eyes. Its a Mormon this time, the mind only boggles as to what it will be in another 10 years that Christendom is defending. But Mr Bill pro is right in this fact, God is in control and men have the right to choose who they will follow and put their trust in, the systems of the world or God alone. As bro Neil always says .........Flee Babylon........ bro Frank

2012/9/24 14:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy