SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Mormonism, Goose Bumps and the Great Falling Away by Jennifer LeClaire

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Mormonism, Goose Bumps and the Great Falling Away by Jennifer LeClaire

I was once married to a bona fide, white-shirt-and-tie, bike-riding, garment-wearing Mormon missionary. And not just any Mormon missionary—a master soul-winner for this Christianesque cult.

Of course, I had no idea when I met him that he was even a Mormon. All I knew was he had just returned from a two-year mission to Europe, he never said an unkind word about anybody and he had a sweet heart.

He seemed righteous enough—more righteous than me. But I wasn’t born-again and I didn’t know the difference between a false religion that incorporated Jesus into the mix and true Christianity. My Southern Baptist grandfather tried to warn me, but I just couldn’t see the harm in a Jesus-centered religion. So I ended up marrying a Mormon.

I learned plenty about the secret rituals that Mormons practice, but that’s not what I want to share with you. You can read about bizarre Mormon beliefs in many places on the Internet these days. What I learned being married to a Mormon—a Mormon who later abandoned his wife and baby to have an affair with a woman just more than half his age in a foreign country—was the danger of false religions.

Doctrines of Demons
We know that there are deceitful spirits and teachings of demons that will lead some to depart from the faith (see 1 Tim. 4:1). We know that there are false prophets and teachers who proclaim Jesus but don’t truly serve Him (see 2 Peter 2:1). We know that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light to deceive people (see 2 Cor. 11:14). And we know that some are perverting the grace of God into sensuality (see Jude 1:4).

We know all of this and yet some in the body of Christ—born-again, blood-bought and yes, even tongue-talking—are embracing aspects of false religions. It’s a subtle deception and one about which I will continue sounding the alarm until Jesus tells me not to. I’ll keep sounding the alarm and speaking this truth in love in hopes that some will avoid the great falling away.

What I learned being married to a Mormon is how these deceitful spirits work. My ex-husband used to urge me to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover and then pray about whether or not it was true. Mormons promise a “burning in the bosom” will come as a confirmation when you release that prayer.

RELATED ARTICLES

Osteen Willing to Vote for Candidate of Different Faith

Study Explores Religion's Impact on Romney, Perry, Cain Campaigns

Mars Hill's Driscoll Says Mormonism Is Theologically a Cult

Gingrich’s Departure Creates Catch-22 for Christian Conservatives

Mormon Cult Debate Divides Christian Leaders
Mormons also cite James 1:5 to back up their carnal claim with actual Scripture: “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” Mormons teach that any positive feelings you have after that prayer are from the Holy Spirit and any negative feelings are not from the Holy Spirit. And if you don’t get the “burning in the bosom,” they suggest you pray more sincerely until you do.

Don’t Follow the Goosebumps
This demonstrates a grave danger. We cannot base truth on how we feel, whether it’s a goose bump, an emotional high or a burning in the bosom. Proverbs clearly states, “He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered” (Prov. 28:26). And God warns us that the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked (see Jer. 17:9).

I believe an unbalanced pursuit of supernatural experiences opens the door to demon-inspired encounters and emotions that validate a person’s erroneous theology. Some in the prophetic movement claim to hold regular conversations with angels, which become the source of their prophecies and sermons. Yes, angels are prophetic messengers but most often the Holy Spirit will lead us and guide us into all truth Himself. And our sermons should be based on the Word of God—and our prophecies from the Spirit of God—not mystical revelation that doesn’t line up with the Bible.

Chasing the supernatural above the God of the supernatural is not the only example of emotionalism gone amuck. The prosperity gospel can also get out of balance. I’ve read about merchandising evangelists leading people into financial devastation after a so-called supernatural promise that gave them false faith to believe their debt would be canceled in 30 days. Yes, I believe in supernatural debt cancellation but there is an abuse of this gimmick. People fall for it because they are in their emotions rather than in the Word of God. They tap into the hype and the shyster taps into their pocketbooks.

Idolatrous Prophecies Abound
If you’ve been following my work for any length of time, you know that I’m all about prophetic ministry—true prophetic ministry. It’s vital in this hour. But false prophecies that tap into the idolatry in people’s hearts may cause them to get married to the wrong person, get divorced against God’s will, quit their jobs and pursue other wrong moves because of a “feeling” they got when the heard a prophecy. Yes, God gave us emotions but our emotions should be submitted to the Word of God and, I might add, some common sense.

Above all, my concern is a greater deception that leaves people with greater troubles than just bankrupcy, divorce or talking with angels of light. My concern is that exalting “feelings” over the Word of God will lead many into eternal fire. “For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect,” Jesus said. “See, I have told you beforehand” (Matt. 24:24-25).

See, I am telling you beforehand. The New Testament is overflowing with warnings not to be deceived. Even with the Word of God, we are charged to rightly divide it (see 2 Tim. 2:15). We are in the last days. Can we really afford to let charismatic preachers tell us what the Word says? Shouldn’t we be students of the Word ourselves? We all have a responsibility to guard ourselves from deception and staying rooted in the Word of God is the best way I know to do that in this hour. It may not give you goose bumps, but it will set you free. Amen.

from: http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/34193-mormonism-goose-bumps-and-the-great-falling-away

2012/9/24 11:06Profile

Re: Mormonism, Goose Bumps and the Great Falling Away by Jennifer LeClaire

It is very much a sign of the times that people have to be warned of the dangers of Mormonism. We are only weeks away from the possibility of a high ranking member of this cult becoming the most powerful man in the world. What blindness has come over Christendom? I could care less about the political systems but what this does speak to is the realization that when the anti-christ does come, he will most likely be voted into power by professing Christians. In these last days it seems that discernment has fled in favor of cultural bias, but then perhaps it only highlights that cultural bias has shaped Christendom much more than Jesus has and this is just another indication that the world has triumphed over what passes for the church........... bro Frank

2012/9/24 11:24
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Well if we all truly believe God is still in control, maybe there is some reason God has put him into the position to possibly run this country. Is God becoming limited in his resources? Never heard one peep from any Christians in Massachusetts when he was Governor Romney. God calls believers to be disciples and preach the good news to all nations. The reason is, because God wants all who are far off to know Him. If God did not work in non-believers, how would someone become a believer? I was once a non but now I am one! I will never try and figure out why God does what he does, my job is to have faith in whatever he does, that it will work for the good for all who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. It's easy! do you love God? do you believe he is still in control? if so then, whatever happens at election time, we that love him must believe it's for the good. Most Christians have a very hard time thinking outside the box, I used to also, but I was delivered from that bondage, God used a Donkey, what faith was the Donkey? Now wouldn't it be funny if he used Romney, and Romney was able to get a grip back on this nation, and at the same time bring us all back together as one, and also stop the racial division this country has suffered from for the past 4 years? Lots of folks could be eating a plate full of crow, never know. Of course all that was said above was from an optimistic Christian, that has been delivered from the box. :)

2012/9/24 11:58Profile

Re:

I read that even the Southern Baptist Convention has reframed from calling Mormonism a cult. They have done this out of defference to Romney whom the SBC feels compelled to support. Such is the compromise of the largest protestant body in N. America.

On the flip side in the sae article evangelical black pastors are urging their congregations to sit this election out. These pastors cannot support Obama with his support f gay marriages. Yet they cannot support Romney because he is a Mormon. And historically the Mormons have regarded the blacks as bearing the curse if Cain. The Mormons have been racist.

At this point I would say the black evangelical pastors are more consistent in their walk with Christ. I cannot but help but respect them. They are to be commended. For sure they put many white evangelicals to shame.

I am not trying to be racial here. But given the fact that these black pastors are neither supporting Obama not Romney. One has to ask who has the better understanding of fleeing Babylon?

Bearmadter.

2012/9/24 12:04
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:
We are only weeks away from the possibility of a....member of this cult becoming the most powerful man in the world. What blindness has come over Christendom?

Quote:
I could care less about the political systems but...

Quote:
...what this does speak to is the realization that when the anti-christ does come, he will most likely be voted into power by professing Christians.

Quote:
...it only highlights that cultural bias has shaped Christendom much more than Jesus...

Quote:
...and this is just another indication that the world has triumphed over what passes for the church.

Frank, I strongly disagree with what you are implying here.

You claim to care less about the political systems of this world. And yet, you are the one who enters nearly every conversation on politics. Yet, instead of merely discussing these issues, you often use it as an opportunity to pass off the faith, integrity or motivation of other believers who don't agree with your view.

You have no right (or "prophetic authority") to insinuate or make a claim that believers here (or elsewhere) who feel the liberty to vote and might feel that Mitt Romney is the better choice in November are "blind" or will be susceptible to the anti-Christ. I have read your words about such matters often -- tested them -- and feel that they are prejudiced by something other than Scriptural truth.

Brother, you have to get past this. There are going to be good and strong believers who might believe that Mitt Romney is a better choice for the next four years. We are not choosing a pastor or spiritual leader. We are not choosing Mormonism. We are not choosing war. We are not choosing to neglect the poor. We are not apt to "vote the anti-Christ into power."

Frank: Many of us ARE believers. We believe in the gifts of the Spirit. We read, study and know His Word. We long to see the Lord move in His Church. We want to see the sleeping and slumbering Church awaken. We want to see Christ-centered revival. Many of us have been "rejected" and persecuted for our faith in Christ Jesus and desire to see a return to Christ in American churches where Christ might be a stranger.

We are not worshiping at the altar of politics or government. We feel no allegiance to a political party, politician, candidate or government program. We are not engrossed with the "things of this world." We aren't constructing or polishing an idol of "America" in our homes. We also see this world through the lens of God's Word and much, much prayer.

Yet, you have generalized those of us who might vote or feel that one candidate is a better choice than the other. This is not just unwise, it is wrong. You may find that you are bearing false witness against us with your many words because of your own views about this.

Please season your words with enough grace to know that many of us might not agree with you. This isn't personal. Also, you should remember that disagreeing with you or what you think is not the same with disagreeing with God or His Word. You should be careful about the insinuations that you included above.

2012/9/24 12:21Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Great post Chris! You know the old saying "may the best man win" let us believers say "may Gods chosen man win". I find it almost impossible for many Christians, to not have a little fleshly thinking in their favorite for president, which one is going to benefit my needs the most. See God see's above our own personal needs, he see's what will benefit the world as a whole, not just person or one country. There has never been a perfect President, and there will never be one, but even one of a different faith or race from the past ones, can in a world God still controls be useful in Gods agenda. If we have faith in God, we must have faith in his decisions, and I would be real careful in reaching any opinions of Gods work, unless of course you don't believe God is still in control.

2012/9/24 12:38Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

chris.

I believe that your assessment of Frank in wrong.

We know that in the last days, Christians (elect) will be deceived, if possible. We know that most everyone will lift the anti-christ up as some sort of quasi savior. We know that many Christians will say to the Lord, "Lord , Lord" and He will say back, "I never knew you".

Chris. This is not about spiritual leader that you keep speaking about. This is not about what professing Christians feel about politics. This is about Christians falling into deception BECAUSE of worry about the world and the things of the world. This worry will make Christians believe that it is ok to support a Mormon to lead them.

What has the Church come to that we will so willingly accept a Mormon as President because we don't like the "other guys" policies? Foolishness, ignorance, deception... You name it. 10 years ago we would NEVER even be having this conversation. Christians would laugh off the notion of even considering voting for a Mormon for President. How far we have fallen.

No Chris, voting for a Mormon is NOT right or the answer. Most Christians today are lost in deception. If someone votes for a Mormon for President, I personally and scriptually question you and your Christianity.

If Christians have a problem with me questioning your Christianity, so be it. The question to you is, if it is unacceptable for a concerned brother in Christ to question you and your choices to support a cult/satanist leader, what would you consider "acceptable" for other Christians to question you on then?

2012/9/24 12:43Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Miccah, is God still in control in your world? what if I vote for Obama and Romney wins. Do I say God, you missed this one? or do I say, God I don't see your purpose in this, but I do trust your decision? Why are we so blind, none of this has anything to do with "OUR" purpose it has to do with "GODS'" purpose, and I don't buy any of this Christians today are lost in deception, no the real Christians trust that God will work everything out for the "GOOD". My friend, unless you can see into the future "which maybe you can" you can't see how God will use either candidate "HE" allows to win. I think the real deceived, are the folks that don't trust God, it has nothing to do with ones faith in either candidate,or what faith either candidate is, it has to do with one's faith in God. Just some food for thought, all the Christian presidents in the past, are partly responsible for were we are today, how's that working out for us? Peter said,"I clearly see," he said, "that God makes no distinctions between one man and another,That is, I have evidence here that God is no respecter of persons, God will go with those whom he anoints; he will be with those to whom he has given by them.

2012/9/24 12:59Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

MrBillPro,

If you believe the Lord is in control. Then don't vote. Why chance a mistake if it is already done and decided? Or were you just saying that in response to my post?

(Christians voting for Romney)... Nothing to see here folks... move along. Don't let the fact that we are supporting a cult/satanist leader make you think that we are not Christians... Nothing to see here folks, move along...

2012/9/24 13:03Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Miccah, I do believe God is still in "total" control, this is why I do vote he is in control of me also, don't understand what you meant I should not vote.

2012/9/24 13:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy