SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Another question

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Remember the prophets of old have spoken and we have held them accountable for prophecies that many believe (I do not) are yet to happen. So their reputations are at stake. And since thousands of years have transpired since those prophesies have been uttered, how do we know that what they said had any truth? Maybe they missed God on some of those prophesies because if we can have mercy on those blessed prophets of old, surely we can have mercy on the ones today that may have spoke and we expect those things to happen overnight and yet the ones that the old prophets have spoken are thousands of years in arrears.

I'm sorry to put it bluntly, but this is pure rubbish.

2012/9/24 22:35
jimp

Re:

hi, how long do you wait to self righteously delare someone a false prophet. daniel prophesied in 606 bc and some have yet to come true.i told my pastor one sunday 35 years ago that if he kept on sending folks out that in the future we would have multiple campuses(before anyone had multiple campuses)25 years later we have gone from 500 to about 20000 and now have 3 campuses. isaiah told hezekia that he was going to die and hez.went before the Lord and got 15 more years. was isaiah a false prophet.let us have mercy and patience on good men and women who truly believe they hear from God. there are too many charlitans we can throw rocks at if we need exercise and are watchmen.jimp

2012/9/24 22:42Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Are there true prophets today? If the purpose of a prophet was to reveal truth from God, why would we need prophets if we have the completed revelation from God in the Bible? If prophets were the “foundation” of the early church, are we still building the “foundation” today? Can God give someone a message to deliver to someone else? Absolutely! Does God reveal truth to someone in a supernatural way and enable that person to deliver that message to others? Absolutely! But is this the biblical gift of prophecy? No.

2012/9/24 23:06Profile
proudpapa

Re: prophesy

sometimes a prophesy or vision is revealed by means of allegory by which the one whom recieved the vision may not fully understand the meaning until after the fact.

2012/9/24 23:19Profile

Re:

Sounds like we need to pray both Obama and Romney have a vision of Jesus. One is a Moslem and the other a Mormon.

Bear.

2012/9/24 23:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy