SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : stealing money

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
4gvn-or-4gtn

stealing money

According to the bible, I don't recall the addresses of the verses, when a thief steals and is caught , he is suppose to pay double , and anthoer verse mentions 7times must be paid back. Another verse says if he has notheing he is to be sold to pay his debt.

When a husband and wife save money ( 1 contributing more) , later on when a spouse takes money without permission and lies about taking it, what do thay pay back> double or 7 times the amount? When they cant pay back the money, and thay have nothing to sell , ,,,,,,thay cant sell themself, slavery and prostitiutuion is illegal.

what happens to that person??

2012/9/21 9:38Profile
rainydaygirl

Re: stealing money

by 4gvn-or-4gtn on 2012/9/21 6:38:33

According to the bible, I don't recall the addresses of the verses, when a thief steals and is caught , he is suppose to pay double , and anthoer verse mentions 7times must be paid back. Another verse says if he has notheing he is to be sold to pay his debt.

When a husband and wife save money ( 1 contributing more) , later on when a spouse takes money without permission and lies about taking it, what do thay pay back> double or 7 times the amount? When they cant pay back the money, and thay have nothing to sell , ,,,,,,thay cant sell themself, slavery and prostitiutuion is illegal.

what happens to that person??
-----

it is my understanding that for husbands and wives who are saving together the money belongs to both of them not just one or the other so while one spouse may have been deceitful about spending the money it is not stealing. i do not believe the spouse who took the money would need to pay it back, their is forgiveness of sins even lying to your spouse is forgiven and so there is no debt to repay, Jesus repaid that debt for that sin.

so to answer your question of what should happen to that person, they should repent to Christ for lying to their spouse and using the money they both had agree to save, tell their spouse the truth and then allow the Holy Spirit to work in their lives together. There can be healing but i do not believe the one whole lied and used the money owes anything to the other spouse in the way of monetary payback since they are one before the Lord.

rdg

afterthought-you asked what should happen to that person and my simple answer is they should accept forgiveness in Christ Jesus that he himself extends to them.

2012/9/21 9:54Profile
hulsey

Missouri

A Christian isn't bound by the Old Covenant. One should forgive and the other repent.

2012/9/21 11:04Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

4gvn-or-4gtn

I guess i would answer your question with a question. What penalty did God require you to pay for your sin when you came to Him in repentance and trusted in Jesus for your salvation?

Under the penalty of the Old Testament Law, man was required to pay some very stiff penalties. But Jesus bore the penalty of death that was required for my sin. So, I can simply receive His forgiveness.

If a spouse has been lying and stealing, and if that spouse comes in repentance, seeking forgiveness and turning from the sin, the wrong should be forgiven and the debt forgiven. Then both spouses can work as one toward earning money to replace that lost if it is necessary to do so for finance sake.

I would suggest you read Matthew 18, verse 21 through the end of the chapter. Jesus explains here how we should forgive those who have wronged us because He has forgiven us the much greater offense for which we could not atone.

2012/9/21 15:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy