SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Thus Saith The Lord . . . Consider Your Ways by Sarah Foulkes Moore

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Thus Saith The Lord . . . Consider Your Ways by Sarah Foulkes Moore

God’s emphatic declaration is woe on all at ease in Zion (Amos 6:1). Those who will not heed and harken diligently and flee the cares and indulgences of this life, and seek HIM with all their heart will surely know what God’s woe means when judgment begins at the house of God.

"As many as I love, I rebuke...Be zealous...and repent" (Rev. 3:19).

Because of ease in Zion, spiritual desolation is in the world. When the people of God cease to be passionate and zealous in their work and witness for God, the church drifts into formalism and the world drifts into infidelity. An easygoing, formal church has always produced an unbelieving world.

How emphatic are the Lord’s commands to be instant in season and out of season...to put on the whole armor of God...to be strong in the Lord...to wrestle ...to gird our loins, to quench the fiery darts of the enemy.... "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints" (Eph. 6:18; Joel 2:17; Zech. 10:1).

Unto every man his work! Preach the Gospel to every creature! If you and I are guilty of disobeying the commands of our Lord to intensity and to diligence and to fruitfulness in the work of the Gospel, cannot we humble ourselves and go to Him in contrition of heart and confess our spiritual lukewarmness and pray for grace to forsake the lukewarmness of our way?

If we cover or excuse or justify our sins of lukewarmness, or any sin, we shall not prosper. But if we humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God and confess we have not sought first the kingdom of God and His righteousness – but have been halfhearted, and positively lukewarm to every claim of God to time and strength in the urgency of the spiritual conflict of this hour – we will find grace and mercy to help in time of need.

"All Seek Their Own, Not the Things Which Are Jesus Christ’s" (Philippians 2:21)

Christian men and women redeemed with the precious life-blood of God’s only begotten Son are shamelessly giving themselves to the pursuit of personal self-interest, using their time, strength and resources in selfish indulgences, leaving the Lord’s work stunted and stinted, curtailed and dwarfed on every hand for want of labor and means to gather in the Lord’s harvest.

It is the last half-hour! To gather in the precious fruits of the earth before the gathering storm of God’s judgment wrath requires heroic effort and sacrifices. God’s judgment is voiced against His people – natural and spiritual, Jew and Gentile – who are intent on catering to their own wants, seeking blessings for their own souls, instead of laying to heart the universal spiritual need of this catastrophic hour of divine retribution.

"Be ashamed, O ye husbandmen; howl, O ye vinedressers...because the harvest of the field is perished" (Joel 1:11).

God is dealing sharply now with His people. It is the hour when the husbandman, with fan in hand is preparing to purge His floor, gather His wheat into the garner and burn the chaff (on the wheat) with unquenchable fire (Matt. 3:12).

"Sound an Alarm in My Holy Mountain…for the Day of the Lord…Is Nigh at Hand"

Witness the stir and activity on the ranch in the harvest of the grain. Early morning rising, sweat and toil in the heat of the day. As in the natural, so is it in the spiritual. The deepest evangelical need in this harvest time of the church age is for unlimited going and giving in the Savior’s name.

Bare your very soul to the searchlight of God’s truth. Ask yourself, as indeed are we, if you are doing your utmost for Christ and for the Gospel. God is looking for living sacrifices, not as our unreasonable service, but reasonable. His Word is plain. With all our heart, with all our soul, with all our might, and all our understanding, He seeks to enlist us in the present conflict of light against darkness.

So let us fervently pray, "Lord, if I am excusing myself instead of making good, if I am coming short in the least way, Lord, if I am failing You in any way, deal with me, Lord, and stay not Your hand until for Thee my life has brought forth fruit one hundred fold."

The Lord has commanded us to redeem the time for the days are evil. He has commanded us to occupy till He comes. When we stand before the blazing searchlight of the judgment seat of Christ to give an account of how we have redeemed our time, our strength and our money, in seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, may it be said of you and me, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

2012/9/20 12:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy