Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : opening the door

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
taco

Re:

Quote:
I guess my main problem with literal fundamentalism is that it seems to make God out as cruel, something I refuse to believe. The bar for salvation is set very high at best and at worst is so complex in detail that people poor of mind have no chance at all. They don't even know there's a bar.
People are created by this mean god with the full foreknowledge that they are doomed to hell.

Many christian's (including quakers like hannah whitehall smith) have struggled with and rejected the idea of an everlasting hell. I reject it myself, not because I think that we should minimise God's judgments but because it seems utterly pointless to punish somone forever. I don't believe its a doctrine that actually has a lot of scriptural weight behind it, apart from a smattering of verses often wrested utterly out of context.

God's expressed purpose in sending Christ is to reconcile all men to himself, I doubt that he will continue throughout history with that desire unfullfilled.

2005/2/26 8:04Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Many christian's (including quakers like hannah whitehall smith) have struggled with and rejected the idea of an everlasting hell. I reject it myself...,

incoming...:-? :-? :-?

We have been here before for any who want to trace our paths. Eternal Punishment

2005/2/26 9:53Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy