SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Chick-fil-A will stop funding anti-gay groups

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
proudpapa

Chick-fil-A will stop funding anti-gay groups

Fast food chain Chick-fil-A is in the hot seat again after an alleged announcement it will re-evaluate funding to anti-gay groups.

The claims that the chain will stop funding certain groups are coming from Chicago alderman Joe Moreno.

He refused to allow Chick-fil-A to build in his Chicago district. But he says after negotiations, the restaurant told him it would change its policy.

Still, as the news of that announcement spreads, not everyone is buying the change.

Some Chick-fil-A supporters say they wonder why the restaurant would compromise.

Officials with the Chicago based gay rights group, The Civil Rights Agenda, say:

"Alderman Moreno has confirmed that Chick-fil-A will no longer give money to anti-gay organizations and that they have clarified in an internal document that the company will treat every person equally, regardless of sexual orientation"

As for the funding, the faith based chicken chain won't say if it's crossed that road.

The company declined to comment, saying it planned to "leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."

We called groups that could lose funding, like Focus on the Family. Officials there declined to comment.

"I think the reason they are trying to take a step back is because they've been impacted in their wallet," said gay rights supporter Michael Graves.

Those who support the chain specifically because of its values say they'll keep going there.

"It makes me wonder what's going on, but I still have faith in the fact they're standing up for Christian values and we will still support them," said Irene Cromwall

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49097337/ns/local_news-fort_myers_fl/t/chicago-alderman-chick-fil-a-will-stop-funding-anti-gay-groups/

2012/9/20 0:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy