SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Have you touched the glory?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Have you touched the glory?

In John 17 Jesus says “And I have given them the glory which You have given Me, that they may be one, even as We are one, I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me.”
(Joh 17:22-23)

Can I ask you a question? What does that mean to you? What is this glory that God the Father gave to His beloved Son and that He gave to us? In the Gospel of Mark Jesus is asked a question “They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory.” (Mar 10:37)

You see, Jesus is in His glory in the throne-room. He has made a way for His disciples and all who follow Him to come into that glory, to come into that throne-room, to come before our heavenly Father. Have you been there brothers and sister? Have you seen His glory? This is a serious question, for if the Lord says He has given us something, do you have it?

In the Lord’s transfiguration it is written “But Peter and those with him were heavy with sleep. But fully awakening, they saw His glory, and the two men who stood with Him.” (Luk 9:32)

Have you seen the glory of the resurrected Jesus? Can you say that you have witnessed His glory in your own life? Are you and eye-witness to glory? Or, do you simply believe, give mental assent to a set of truths? The Lord’s Disciples are those who have been given His glory and it changes them , it radically changes them into new creatures in Christ who are ruined for the things of this world.

Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?(Luk 24:26)

Jesus speaks of entering into His Glory and the necessity of the road of Calvary and Gethsemane to bring Him to His place of Glory. Are you willing to suffer to come to such a place? Is there a desire and a willingness to do whatever it takes, to lose whatever it takes, to be rejected by all and scorned by all, to come into such a place? Many are called and few are chosen, we know this, this is the words of the Lord. Out of the many who are ” chosen,” and why? God sees the heart and knows. No man can fool God. He does not commit Himself to those with a mere profession. “And as He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, at the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the miracles which He did. But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all and did not need that anyone should testify of man. For He knew what was in man.” (Joh 2:23-25)

What is it that holds you back from His glory? Have you sought it with your whole heart? Do you know of anything that would hinder you from experiencing His glory?

John 12:42 Still, however, even out of the rulers, many did believe on Him. But because of the Pharisees they did not confess, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; Joh 12:43 for they loved the glory of men more than the glory of God.

This is the time to seek the glory of the living God, while it is yet day. For there is a great darkness coming and only those who have oil in their lamps will be able to illuminate the way in the darkness for the Lord is coming. He will give His glory to all who seek it with their whole heart.

But we all, with our face having been unveiled, having beheld the glory of the Lord as in a mirror, are being changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Lord Spirit.(2Co 3:18)

For it is God who said, “Out of darkness Light shall shine;” who shone in our hearts to give the brightness of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.(2Co 4:6)

Have you beheld the glory of the Lord as in a mirror? Do you have the brightness and the beauty of the knowledge of His glory burning at the center of your heart? Now is the time, now is the day, now you must seek Him out in His fullness.

HE LED ME

Before the throne I come to you
No other thing I’d rather do
You led me here, its by your grace
You took me to this holy place

And in your arms I now reside
Under your wings is where I hide
I never want to leave this place
I want to gaze upon your face

Deep in the heart of Christ my King
The only place where I can sing
I pray this song shall never end