SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Prayer and the nation(s)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Prayer and the nation(s)

Have you ever noticed that as America has progressed it has not been because of conservatives? Every BIG movement in American Society seems to have come about by someone who was progressive but I don't know about liberal. Even today, something I am noticing is how the anti-gay crowd is being demonized so much that it is quickly becoming PC to label someone as a hater if they are against homosexual lifestyle.
It is movement to the extent in which a person will have to watch their tongue if a comment is made using the words 'gay' or 'homo' or 'homosexual' etc. Similiar to the word fat. Don't say fat say 'Obese'. Sensitivity.

Can someone tell me that people were not praying during these events and the events down through history? How do you understand God in them?

Every year we have these National Day of Prayers for the National as well as the 10/40. Can such things be measured as God truly hearing Prayers to the extent that our faith is built in Him who hears?

When it comes to elections many Christians rally to pray for the President and the President to be and we seem to hope in a conservative President because we think that is always God's choice - seem that way at least. It causes me to wonder, how do we react when that prayer seemingly hasn't been answered? It is too easy and rather dumb/stupid to say it is God's judgment- isn't it?

Lastly, I saw a story about a guy who was told to take down a sign in his yard. It advertizes bible study and/or free prayer , just call (phone number). City says it needs to be taken down because of a sign violation in residential yards.Spokesperson person says it is persecution but it is persecution if there is a city code that deal with it and residents complained?

I am just laying out some critical thinking on my mind which I am trying to sort out. What is smoke and mirrors and what is authentic?

John

2012/9/19 10:55Profile

Re: Prayer and the nation(s)

John your post on the FL thread caused me to rethink the issue in Venice. Bottom line is I agree with your observation. Posted my revised thinking on that thread.

And regarding prayers prayed in this nation. You are right. As one who has participated in some conference calls. Some posted by NDP. I have been saddened over the content of these prayers. Often they are more political and temporal than spiritual. Sad to say many are not praying with the mind of Christ or from a spiritual kingdom perspective. That may be why God is not answering many of these prayers.

Just my thoughts.

Bearmaster.

2012/9/20 8:33
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

bearmaster

I believe this is an area which Christians are missing it because they lack critical thinking skills and go blindly by their own feelings of what they think prayer is. How can we go forward believing God is behind us if we are praying, what we think is fervently, and yet there are no answers to prayer and we are too blind to realize and acknowledge that. Yet we go on crying about how the opposing side of life is gaining the upper hand with wickedness and then pronouncing some kind of judgment of God as a result. wise as serpents, harmless as doves is something not see in the Christian community.

Even those who used to be Christian and are now Atheists are calling these things out showing Christians really don't understand what it is they are doing.

2012/9/20 15:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy