SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : TO: SPITFIRE (and anyone else whose life seems to be in a pit) ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

TO: SPITFIRE (and anyone else whose life seems to be in a pit) ...

In the past 2 years Holy Spirit has just been blowing me away with His new illuminations to me of the lives of so many OT saints ... Unlike so many Christians i know i cut my teeth on the OT, and i kid a lot of the brethren to the fact that the way i was raised my heros and role models were not sports figures, but OT men of God ... i'm still like that today, but Holy Spirit is really, really revealing to me that those men who i'd mistakenly put on a pedestal are not worthy of such a position, and were never meant by Him to be viewed as such, but were meant to us as His examples of what He can do with/thru us if we but press on in Him and faint not while allowing Him to mend, mold, bend, twist, cripple and if need be break us... i have never seen the disfunction in the patriarchal families, or the idiosyncratic and jacked up personalities of those folk God so transformed to His divine plan, as i do now ... It is truly amazing what our God accomplishes in/with the likes of us ... They were all of like humanity just as we, and just like them if it were not that He called us out to His purpose, then nurtured, groomed, and disciplined us in His all encompassing love, mercy, and grace, to that purpose, we'd be just plain ole every day vessels of wrath fit only for destruction ... We are nothing without God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit ... Without Him we don't even have enough righteousness anywhere in our being to even be compared to filthy rags ... Our only righteousness is our covering in the Blood of the slain Lamb (our only Provision) of the Father (our only Source), and we wouldn't even have that if we had not been enabled by Holy Spirit (our only Power) to not only be drawn to Christ, but to overcome all of the wickedness of Hell's kitchen intent on keeping us from saying "i do" to our Husbandman ... This is what made the OT saints special, this is what made the NT saints special, this is what has made all of the saints in the interim Church age special, and it's what makes you, me and the Church of Christ special today ... Without Christ we are NOTHING!, let alone special ... But because of Him ...

"WE are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvellous light" ... 1Pet.2: 9 (Oh bless and praise the Holy name of Jesus)!

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report" ... Heb. 11: 1&2

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God" ... Heb.12: 1&2

Phil.1: 6 says, "Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" ... The cool thing i find about reading/studying/meditating on the lives of the OT saints is that there is a record of just HOW God took these same type of hardheaded folk like ourselves, and thru His own time and circumstances transformed them to being worthy of an entire chapter (11) in Hebrews ... The most interesting thing is that in so many cases it was adversities in their lives that eventually broke them down to straightening up and flying (God's) right ... We know that our God is the same yesterday, today and forever, so i think we'd be deluding ourselves to think that He'd changed His strategy for results with the majority of us ...

If we're in a pit, trial, tribulation, adversity or any other uncomfortable situation that we'd really rather not be dealing with, rest assured that God has His reason(s), and from experience i can tell you that if He chooses to reveal it to us at all it will more than likely be sometime later, often times much, much later ... Thank God that we don't have to be the swiftest in the bunch to get our crown in God's race, but only have to endure it till the end ... cramps ... stumbles ... falls ... skinned knees ... bruised elbows ... in my case crippled thigh ... and all!

May the following sermons steel you in you adversity, and keep you ever determined to be faithful in your integrity to God, no matter how bad it looks He's working all things together for the good of us cxalled according unto His purpose, and weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning" ...

Joseph Prepared in the Pit
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=&sermonID=290472622

Joseph Goes from the Pit to the Palace
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=&sermonID=2160473523

"Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy" (Jude.1: 24) ... Give all the honor, praise and glory ... ANYHOW!!! ... Amen

PS - i'll post some others as i listen to them if Holy Spirit leads ...

2005/2/23 12:09Profile
Rahman

Re: TO: SPITFIRE (and anyone else whose life seems to be in a pit) ...

The Benefits of Adversity
(Just a good, solid sermon)
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=sermonssource&sermonID=11803163050

2005/2/25 13:36Profile
Rahman

Re: Why Lord? ... Why? ...

Joseph Being Made Prime Minister
(A very sobering sermon for those of us who have a tendency to fret ... "Why God are You allowing this to happen to me ... and for so long"?)
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?currSection=&sermonID=322048131

2005/2/25 15:37Profile
Spitfire

Re: TO: SPITFIRE (and anyone else whose life seems to be in a pit) ...

Rahman, you dear friend! Thanks for thinking of me. These messages will be on my menu for next week. Love you. Dian.

2005/2/26 9:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy