SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Laying on of hands and impartation of spirits!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
lindi1208

Laying on of hands and impartation of spirits!

Dear Saints

For a while now I have been pondering of the biblical practice of laying on of hands. I know that the apostles laid hands on believers and in the old testament Isaac laid hands on Jacob and many other examples! Today hands are laid on during ordaination of pastors and elders also hands are laid on the sick whilst praying for their recovery!

Some time ago I listened to a sermon on here I can not remember who preached it but the preacher said we ought to be cautious of people laying hands on us because false prophets or carnal pastors could transfer whatever spirits rule their lives onto you! He was clear that it was not possession but If that pastor was not walking up rightly the pastor could transfer a false spirit to the person whom his hands are laid on. Is this true and if so is it possible to transfer a demonic influence via the laying on of hands?

2012/9/17 16:22Profile

Laying on of hands and impartation of the Holy Spirit!

"Is this true and if so is it possible to transfer a demonic influence via the laying on of hands?" Lindi1208

No, it is not possible and very unlikely; The devil cannot possess you or influence you by touching you, though you may be cursed by the wicked, and this can be real.

We possess God Himself within us, the Holy Spirit Himself who created all things. Evil men might try all day long, with no success upon a true believer to bring him or her under his power.

Curses might find their mark with one who is in rebellion, and defied God as His fortress and song; in sin. Jesus cried this on the way to Golgotha, as He said: "How I would have gathered you!"...and "Weep not for me but for yourselves!" as He knew that Titus would cruelly annihilate her and her children, which occurred @ 27 years later.

"As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come."..Proverbs 26

The devil may throw darts, and grab at you, but he cannot touch you, and your faith. This is where the truth of JESUS IS LORD! comes in.

Also, let us look at the Bible:

"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Of the doctrine of baptisms,

and of laying on of hands,

and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

And this will we do, if God permit. Hebrews 6

The laying on of hands is a foundational Christian doctrine, and very important. Jesus did it often, especially when he healed, and blessed, and all of the apostles did it, and when they healed , or sent, or imparted . It is mere superstition to the unbeliever though, but ought to be common and fundamental to the Bible Spirit Filled Believer.

2012/9/17 17:27

Re: Laying on of hands and impartation of spirits!

Quote:
Is this true and if so is it possible to transfer a demonic influence via the laying on of hands?

Yes it's true. The preacher is correct that it's not possession, what they are doing without their knowledge is they are assigning a spirit to you that is not of God.

I know people that have been pray for by a closeted homosexual preacher only to find that those that he laid hands started to struggle with same sex desires and they have no idea how that happened until they did a search of their travels and found out the preacher that did that was caught in motel room with another man. Once they were equipped with knowledge of what was going on, they immediately asked God to forgive them and the demon activity ceased.

Paul tells us to be cautious about not laying hands on anyone suddenly and Jesus tells us to be careful how we hear.

2012/9/17 20:16

Re:

"Paul tells us to be cautious about not laying hands on anyone suddenly and Jesus tells us to be careful how we hear."....Approved.

This "laying on of hands" "suddenly" speaks of ordination into the ministry; into "Pastor-ship, or, Eldership [ one and the same]...and the exhortation not to do so quickly, withpout proven fruit, lest that one and same Elder, as a Novice, come under the condemnation of Satan.....and thereby destroy and hurt others as an authority in the church...and ordained one.

"The preacher is correct that it's not possession, what they are doing without their knowledge is they are assigning a spirit to you that is not of God." Approved.

No spirit can be assigned to a Christian with power over him by touching another, or praying over another. I suppose that if you are incredibly weak, and prone to suggestion, you might believe so.

Consider the martyrs that were subject to torture and deprivation by satanic people....even the Roman Catholic Inquisition that endured for 350 years...where evil men had total control over others bodies....Were the martyrs attacked the same way?...There was certainly the door there for this to occur.

It did not matter how much they were physically assaulted, or how the devil strove to inhabit them....Nothing could touch their faith...Nothing....and either can be compromosed.

2012/9/17 20:50
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
This "laying on of hands" "suddenly" speaks of ordination into the ministry; into "Pastor-ship, or, Eldership [ one and the same]...and the exhortation not to do so quickly, withpout proven fruit, lest that one and same Elder, as a Novice, come under the condemnation of Satan.....and thereby destroy and hurt others as an authority in the church...and ordained one.

Yup!

2012/9/17 21:41Profile
beekpr

I realize that this is a subject on which there are differing opinions and I do not desire to raise a forum dispute. However, Lindi, I do wish to do what I can to protect another believer from harm so I will share some of my concerns. I frequently lay my hands on those for whom I pray when I am in their presence if they feel comfortable with me doing this. I likewise feel perfectly at peace when godly believers whom I know lay their hands on me when they pray for me. This expresses our desire to have God impart the blessing for which we pray upon them. However I would not want someone to lay their hands upon me if I have any reason to doubt their spiritual integrity. There have been two occasions in my life in which I felt as if a false spirit was attempting to enter my being but was not granted permission and I was protected by God. On the first occasion I was present in a charismatic meeting because of circumstances not of my choosing. On the second such experience a relative of my wife was holding my hand and praying for me that I would receive a specific "gift" which he thought I should have. I felt an uncomfortable tingle in the hand which he held. I did not receive the "gift". (I already believed that I had the gift in the way that God had chosen for me to experience it) On both occasions I felt led to pray in my spirit for God's protection which He graciously gave. This is simply a relating of my experience when I sought the protection of God in situations which I did fully understand or have a direct Biblical "thus sayeth the Lord"to guide me.
I strongly favour the opinion that we make ourselves vulnerable to demonic attacks when someone evil who claims to be God's messenger has such close bodily contact with us and prays for us from a lying heart. I try to limit my companions in times of intimate prayer to to those whom I know are true believers. Even Jesus sent the unbelieving spectators out of the room on at least one occasion before He performed a miracle.

2012/9/17 22:31Profile
table

Well yes I have been told that if I am having bad dreams etc then the laying on of my hands onto someone else is a mistake as I could be carrying a wrong spirit through disobedience etc
The one who is not in right standing with the Lord at the time can then not have a hedge around with complete covering so that person with the hole in the hedge will allow the demonic to enter unbeknowingly. It is scary to think that this situation can arise. I suppose it is essential to have the leader know his flock and those who are laying on the hands and know their background and from where they have come and what situations have arisen with them with others of late that could possibly be a stumbling block for others. Complete wholeness and repentance is essential I believe. Mind you were the disciples perfect, no, because even Judas I have been told would have laid hands on the sick????

2012/9/18 5:42Profile
table

Re:

Also the one being prayed for and the one praying, it can have the same effect I suppose. If the one praying has not examined himself or in the light of revelation to a certain sin then the one he is praying for can transfer a spirit onto him maybe???

2012/9/18 5:45Profile
SkepticGuy

Re:

Quote:
I know people that have been pray for by a closeted homosexual preacher only to find that those that he laid hands started to struggle with same sex desires and they have no idea how that happened until they did a search of their travels and found out the preacher that did that was caught in motel room with another man. Once they were equipped with knowledge of what was going on, they immediately asked God to forgive them and the demon activity ceased.

i am skeptical of this. this sounds like hocus pocus supersticion 2 me. greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. what this 'example' intimates is that god can not protect his people, and that the devil can sneak in cause a believer to sin.

i think if sum1 is walking w/the lord they are protected by him.

friend, i am not calling u a liar. i believe people have told u this. i just dont believe its true. christianity is not about magic and spells and weird phenominons. it is about forgiveness of sins and setting people free. leave the voodoo to the witch doctors.

2012/9/18 9:03Profile

Re:

i am skeptical of this. this sounds like hocus pocus supersticion 2 me. greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. what this 'example' intimates is that god can not protect his people, and that the devil can sneak in cause a believer to sin.

i think if sum1 is walking w/the lord they are protected by him.

friend, i am not calling u a liar. i believe people have told u this. i just dont believe its true. christianity is not about magic and spells and weird phenominons. it is about forgiveness of sins and setting people free. leave the voodoo to the witch doctors skepticguy.

I feel quiet certain that Satan is only too pleased when saints take the view that demons can be transmitted via other believers to other believers. Yet it is impossible to deny the concern one would feel if a brother in an unclean sin which leads unto death were to want to lay hands on you. No doubt discernment would be a help in such a situation. I have personally only ever allowed 2 or 3 men to lay hands on me over a period of 28 years. One thing to keep in mind is that demons are subject to the authority and power of Christ working in us. If we do come across a demon and don't know we have it may well work for the ill of someone. I once prayed for three young men who had all had difficult and unclean lives. As I approached one of these men (unsaved) I clearly heard the Spirit tell me not to lay hands on him. I disobeyed and as soon as I laid hands on the man to pray for him I clearly saw an unclean spirit move through the air and go onto the man opposite him (saved). As I watched this happen I also saw the face of the second man react with a troubled heart. It was a terrible lesson of disobedience to the leading and authority of the Holy Spirit. I agree with Tom that a believer cannot be possessed in their inner life because they have Christ in them. No demon is going to be able to reside along side the Spirit of God. On the other hand demons can find access through the mind so as to influence and drive a man to harm himself even if he is saved. This would be like a bird of the sky alighting on your external porch and making a mess with its body or else by virtue of making a noise etc. It may even build a nest as well and have a whole munch of squalling brats over. The best way to keep the house is to watch the porch.

2012/9/18 11:23

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy